It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Old Chestnut.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
SAYS WHO? I want to know says who.

Youtube videos debunked on ATS

Makes up EASILY 90% of current "sightings"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by simone50m

I think it's '5%' rather than 10% that aren't immediately explained as the usual suspects.

The 10% figure comes from Blue Book and certain older reports. The 5% figure comes from the French COMETA UFO report (1999). In fact the COMETA report had more unknowns (15%) but, significantly, the conclusion was drawn that 5% of cases may be extraterrestrial in origin.

In a report based on a three-year study, they concluded that ''numerous manifestations observed by reliable witnesses could be the work of craft of extraterrestrial origin'' and that, in fact, the best explanation is ''the extraterrestrial hypothesis.'' Although not categorically proven, ''strong presumptions exist in its favor and if it is correct, it is loaded with significant consequences.
SOURCE: www.rense.com...

The full report can be read in English here: Part 1 and Part 2

The authors of the paper also accuse the US government of a massive disinformation campaign designed to cover up the facts regarding UFOs and there is an appendix on the Roswell case.

Whether you agree with the conclusions or not the report makes for interesting reading. I do tend to take notice of reports that aren't from US government sources for the simple reason that we have been lied to by them so often (Roswell being a case in point here.)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well, I know that I have common sense, --even though-- I may not agree with debunkers, thats for sure. I have a question for you more openminded ufo researchers out there, about the m.o. of debunkers. Have you noticed, as I have, that they take high profile ufo cases, which have festivals and profits attached to them, and are selected by nieve NewAgers such as LMH. These cases are presented over and over and over again, by overnight radio, and internet radio shows, and full disclosure conferences. And use those to say, in a sense, "See, this is the ufo phenomenon".

Roswell does not represent what I saw in the sky years back.

Rendlesham does not represent what I saw in the sky years back.

Military flares dropped over Pheonix, does not represent what I saw in the sky years back.

As for those cases, I have seen good alternative explanations for them which are not outer space ETs. I watched James Carrion and his team ---unmistakeably--- solve at least one video from the Pheonix lights case. On the Discovery Channel. I also watched the Discovery Channel provide a ---really good--- answer to the Lonnie Zamora case, being Project Silverbug.

I am not a religious-faith-like True Believer in ET flying saucers. That is a label assigned to denigrate, slapped on people by Radical True Believing debunkers.

As for this Belgium hoaxer, extraordinary hoaxes require extraordinary evidence. I want to see this little [T&C violation] reproduce such NOW. Or it didn't happen.
edit on 31-7-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

The 10% figure comes from Blue Book and certain older reports. The 5% figure comes from the French COMETA UFO report (1999). In fact the COMETA report had more unknowns (15%) but, significantly, the conclusion was drawn that 5% of cases may be extraterrestrial in origin.

This goes back to my point that a % figure is mainly used to make a point that some small percentage remain unexplained. The % itself could just as well be pulled out of thin air for the accuracy it represents. Blue Book unknowns run from ~12% (Sparks) up to ~30% (Macdonald). In the pre-Blue Book, Project Grudge Status Reports percentages varied from 15% to ~30% and they were very keen to identify everything. In Grudge and Blue Book, some reports were filed as identified when they weren't. At the same time, when UFO researchers re-evaluate the reports, I wonder how often they identify UFOs into IFOs with current knowledge?

Hiya Simone, how in the heck did Zamora's sighting look like Project Silver Bug?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/322a5ca1abde.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The Discovery Channel dramatized men in white coverals disembarking from the craft, which I think Zamora reported. However, to my -memory- Zamora's craft was different -shaped- than this'un? I don't want to say I Totaly Believe Discovery's explanation, maybe it could very well be that the gov. came up with this 'landing' to discredit Zamora, and I know that is a Conspiracy Theory, though. I have an Open Mind. I will never say never!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Yeah, Zamora's report was of a rocket-powered, egg-shaped contraption that took off and disappeared over the horizon.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e797b3e86a07.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb996c9ca911.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
In regards to close range space craft looking ufos which can never be mistaken as ambiguous lights, I have been impressed with this thread by 'karl 12' called Ufos Close range Sightings.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The debunkers have got alot of work to do on these cases!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ufos are fake to the ones who don't believe in them

what i get a good chuckle about is when the gooberment says they don't study the phenomenon any more after blue book, then i get to physically watch the military chase them all over southwest missouri.

seems to me if they were of no threat or didn't exist then why do they chase after them when they mosey across town

If you want to learn about Ufos quit watching youtube videos and spend you nights watching the sky's.....there everywhere and every night

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

You are totaly right about that. I just finished listening to my local Sunday night internet radio show hosted by my State MUFON Director, and he said he got a bunch of ufo reports in very recently.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Do not forget Walton saw oval ships at the Tesla ship base he was flown to.
He can't talk about it much or at all due to perhaps binding contracts.
The biggest case I ever heard about had a crashed ship into a house and
the crew was taken out on stretchers including normal and smaller sized
humans. Due to the leak there is a possible hunt for the previous home
owner to get the silence settlement back. That will not make the papers.
The Cash and Landrum case remains unsettled do to refusal to say aliens
were involved. Lyne suggested his fathers close call with a ship might have
been the oval shape. The lights in the car had the filaments broke by the
ships high vibrations in the ether or 'medium' as Tesla would say. Perhaps
a high audio range of pulses as Tesla mentions 20,000 cps as one of his
favored oscillations. Due to the electrical nature they travel at the speed
light. How all that confuses nature was not for Tesla to analyze other than
to use the results. Lifting up tons of material using the environment must
have some sort of reaction.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah some of these ufos appear to be 'ships' ("tesla ships") of some kind. Per karl12's thread. I'm not sure though, that they can be attributed to extraterrestrial alien craft. Maybe some of them can. (Or maybe all. None of us still know.) I think they could be time travelers, from under the oceans, from other dimensions. Or (the most controversial and emotionprovoking) those "sons of God" in the Old Testament.
The --journey-- of trying to find out though, is fun. Even though I've gotten a lot of scrapes in this "fun" it still is.
For some reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

then i get to physically watch the military chase them all over southwest missouri.

I've heard alot of accounts like this. Even Stephenville case. Oh would I love to find out the names (or code names) of those particular scramble missions and their classification. Get FOIA stuff on them. I'm assuming though,.....that would probably be as 'easy' as with the chemtrailing. (Deep deep Blackworld stuff....)

<< 1   >>

join