It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Awakened Celebrities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
i dont believe the illuminati exists today. to be truly awake you have to accept that your beliefs could be wrong, imo. people can become so obsessed with the occult that they shift from one point of view to another without considering that both point of views are wrong.

alternative views are always nice to have but never stop looking for the truth once you shift from one pov to another.

They don't exist, you say? Well, I'd like to introduce you to this video saying they do.

Illuminati - The Music Industry Exposed [Full Length]

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by doctornamtab

My question would be why does it matter if the celebrities "validate" the points of view of ATS members. I would be more concerned about that than anything. Celebrities are generally not good role models, they generally lack education and intelligence. Furthermore, who the hell cares what one individual thinks, their opinion should be considered as valuable as anyone's around here. I'm not trying to be a capital Dick, but seeing people drool over Sheen's lunacy kind of drove home the point that alot of people around here who claim to be intelligent are "star struck," which to me represents a lack of intelligence and rationality. Just my .02 of course.

Well it doesnt matter much to me but it matters to a lot of people. To our culture telebrities are people who are successful. People who'd taken their own path and made something out of their own talents and hard work. We're all star struck, just depends on who you consider a star. If I saw my favorite musician on the street I'd be a lot more star struck than seeing Mark McGwire or Jessica Alba. Celebrities are what many people strive to be.

Now for the typical ATS disclaimer since people may take this to its utmost extreme and apply it to situations I dont even realize or intend. This isnt how all celebrities are but it is the mythos surrounding them. Alsom this isnt how everyone views celebrities so dont think I'm talking about you and please dont clog this thread up with examples of how unplugged you are from celebrity culture. We're proud of you too, now, both of us, get back to the point.

That being said, many celebrities are at odds with their own fame. It can trap an otherwise meaninful artist and turn their contribution and talents into an economic engine. Because their paychecks are intimately tied to the economic forces that sponsor them, celebrities are pressured (really pressured) to keep their own opinions out of the media (and sometimes even out of their own art).

So its good to see some break out of the forces that try to contain their creative energy and fruitful minds. If more famous people ascribed to these views they wouldnt be on the fringe anymore. They'd become the mainstream view. And aren't we all trying to wake up the masses on ATS? Sometimes its easier to let Mos Def do the talking.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

like this, just copy after the = in the URL of the youtube video.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Steve Earle is definitely awake. Great songwriter.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is David Lynch, he is a film maker:
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Not just a film maker.. an amazing film maker.
If there is anyone here that hasn't seen blue velvet or mulholland drive do yourself those favors.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Add Russel Brand

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
would you say song writers like bob dylan to be awake?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Look at Dave Chapelle and Jim Carrey. Basically their careers have gone downhill since they started speaking out.
If you speak out against those who run the industry, they will make you pay. I am willing to bet Jim is not offered great movie roles any longer because of his soul searching. Look at this movie the number 23, I think that was the beginning of him looking into things. He's no longer the funny man he once was, and it has hurt his career.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It is nice to see many of the influential celebs. carrying the torches of LIGHT to help light the path of darkness many on the 3d sphere are walking. I appreciate their RISK for taking the first steps to awaken many others as we all know they may have taking shorts on their finances Lighting paths for others. If they can maintain well enough their voices can be heard due to their allready established connections with the General populace. I wish them luck and the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join