It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS* Crop circles possible prediction?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Make it from 9 AM - 3 PM. Lets see how close they come to the original.
Why that time frame? Do you know how long it took to make the original?

I'm trying to help them out.
Give them 6 hours.
Let them make in broad daylight so they won't trip over each other.
-----------
The original snake crop circle was probably made in less than 5 minutes.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

In what do you base that assumption?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

When you say "We won't have to wait long to find out," what do you mean if I may pose the question? There was no specific prediction given. If anything happens, there's no way to credibly link it to the crop formation in my opinion. People are free to infer a link in retrospect, looking back at this topic, but there will be no proof of a relationship between the two because no specific prediction was offered. Only that "August will be one hell of a month." That could mean literally anything and, accordingly, that means that people can link literally anything that happens during August to this crop formation.

In actuality, even if an asteroid hits the Earth on August 15th (random "big event" off the top of my head,) there's no way to know that the crop formation was referring to that. (Or to anything else.) It's an unfalsifiable prediction that anyone can claim was correct if virtually anything at all happens during the month of August.

I'm not asserting that nothing can or will happen. I'm just saying there's no way to prove a connection without greater specificity on the part of the alleged prediction.

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 8/11/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

When you say "We won't have to wait long to find out," what do you mean if I may pose the question? There was no specific prediction given. If anything happens, there's no way to credibly link it to the crop formation in my opinion. People are free to infer a link in retrospect, looking back at this topic, but there will be no proof of a relationship between the two because no specific prediction was offered. Only that "August will be one hell of a month." That could mean literally anything and, accordingly, that means that people can link literally anything that happens during August to this crop formation.

In actuality, even if an asteroid hits the Earth on August 15th (random "big event" off the top of my head,) there's no way to know that the crop formation was referring to that. (Or to anything else.) It's an unfalsifiable prediction that anyone can claim was correct if virtually anything at all happens during the month of August.

I'm not asserting that nothing can or will happen. I'm just saying there's no way to prove a connection without greater specificity on the part of the alleged prediction.

edit on 8/11/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

The crop circle is a PAPCC.
Planetary Alignment Prediction Crop Circle.
I already confirmed it with Celestia 1.6.
Technically, it's called a conjunction. Earth - SUN - Venus
Check it out yourself. The download is free.
-------
We just have to wait until August 16, 2011 to see what happens.
Hold on to your hat.
I have a pretty good idea. You wouldn't believe me.
----------
Lets just be patient and wait and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

In what do you base that assumption?

The snake crop circle is real. It was made with advanced technology.
Everything will become clear on August 16, 2011. Be patient.
-----------
BTW, the real crop circles are beautiful. The fake ones are very small and very ugly.
The truth is in the details. The investigators on the ground immediately spot
the wheat evidence of a wooden board pushing it over.
The real ones also have small iron filings/spheres all over the place.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
My birthday is Aug 16.. wonder what will happen

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am, I will wait.

But now that everybody knows that they can add them to the man-made ones.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9de8a72e49e6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Can you not offer any more specificity than "something will happen on August 16th?" Because here is my dilemma. You're saying that this crop circle corresponds to a planetary alignment and that such an alignment happens on August 16th. OP said that August will be "one hell of a month" based on his "inside source."

This leaves a lot of questions.

1) How do you know the crop circle referring to a planetary alignment (if it does - I respect that you believe it does) is predicting that something will happen on that date?

2) What is the "something" that you believe will happen on that date? You said "I have a pretty good idea." You suggested that the reason you aren't being specific is because "you wouldn't believe me."

With all respect and zero hostility implied, I propose that whether you think anyone will believe you is not the point. I propose that you tell everyone what it is you think will happen on that date, because this brings me back to my dilemma: if literally anything at all happens on August 16th, people can claim that it was a fulfillment of this prediction. But because there was zero specificity other than a date, no one will ever be able to prove or disprove whether that is the case. It is, by definition, an unfalsifiable claim. Apart from, "Something will happen on August 16th," of course. Because something happens every day on the planet.

Can you see the dilemma here? I ask that you or OP offer greater specificity as to what exactly is being predicted other than "something." If no one can do that, then regardless of what happens, there will be no way to prove any correlation with this crop circle.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Just hang in there. August 16, 2011 will be here soon.
Take a break. Go to the beach. Whatever happens just happens.
-----------
God is in control. You and i are just along for the ride.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I am, I will wait.

But now that everybody knows that they can add them to the man-made ones.

Funny you should mention that.

A few years ago a small group of MIT students made a pretty cool crop circle on
the Discovery Channel.
First they did research. They discovered that the real ones have small iron spheres
all over the place. After they made the crop circle they set off a - HUGE - explosion
in the middle of the crop circle that blew iron spheres all over the place.
It was very loud, very bright and very funny! They made it in exactly 4 hours.
The serpent crop circle is about 10 times larger than the MIT crop circle.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If you believe this - and I respect and admire your belief - then may I ask what you feel the point in making a prediction is? And may I reiterate my request that you offer greater specificity since you said you "have a pretty good idea" what may happen? Can you at least give parameters? i.e. do you "have a pretty good idea" that what may happen on August 16th will be something of enormous, world-changing proportions? Economic? Military? Natural phenomenon? Anything?

Again, failure to provide specificity renders the prediction unfalsifiable, because anyone can say anything at all that happens on August 16th was in fulfillment of what was a vague, non-specific prediction that only gave a date.

And can you offer a reason for not elaborating other than, "you wouldn't believe me," since belief is irrelevant to whether or not something does or does not occur ultimately?

In my opinion these are valid questions. I am asking them with utmost respect for your beliefs and your opinions and am not trying to argue or be hostile. That is not my intent. Nevertheless, I must persist in asking.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Why do you have ants in your pants?
Today is Saturday. The event is on Tuesday. Go check out the latest Transformer movie.
It's pretty cool.
---------------
For peace of mind read a book called: The Soul's Remembrance by Roy Mills
You can read sample chapters at Amazon.com but don't buy it there.
Buy it here:
- Betty Eadie Site -

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

This will be the last post I make in this thread until the 16th. With respect, I do not "have ants in my pants." I am asking valid questions with respect to a vague prediction which lacks specificity entirely save for a date. I am asking these valid questions of someone who has stated that they "have a pretty good idea" what the event that the prediction refers to is, but refuses to elaborate on what that is.

I haven't made any assertions. I haven't said, "nothing will happen on the 16th," or, "nothing will happen in August." I don't make assertions without proof. All I've done is ask what I feel are perfectly valid questions of someone who has stated that they "have a pretty good idea" as to what may happen but who refuses to elaborate and now wishes for me to instead wait until the 16th for unspecified reasons beyond “you wouldn’t believe me.”

Which is not true, incidentally. I would be at least open minded to the possibility if you chose to be forthcoming. On the contrary, if you refuse to be forthcoming but then you or someone else comes back on the 16th and retroactively says, “See! _______ happened!” I definitely won’t believe it and will regard it as a dubious, unfalsifiable claim. Which is not to say, “You’re wrong, there is no correlation at all,” but rather to say, “There’s no way we can ever know now whether there was a correlation, because there was never a specific prediction.” Essentially, by not being specific, the prediction is doomed to failure because no matter what happens, it can never be proved that any prediction was fulfilled.

Since you give me no other choice but to stop posting and wait due to the lack of specificity, that is what I must do. However I question. I question why you refuse to elaborate. I question whether you or others will come here on the 16th or later in August and make assertions or suggestions that this prediction was fulfilled by literally any potentially unrelated event that might occur within that time frame, due to the total lack of specificity save for a date (initially only a month.) And I question why valid questions are being dismissed as someone having "ants in their pants."

I respect your beliefs and opinions and I am not trying to attack you or them.

That is all until the 16th.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Saying "something" is going to happen on a given day, but not stating what it is, is a nifty way to ensure you are right. It won't matter what happens.. an earthquake or a hurricane, maybe a crop circle will pop up, or there will be a bit of space news. "Something" will happen and it will be attributed to the crop circle. A ridiculous way to claim you are a prophet (or some software is).

Also, why do people immediately equate man-made crop circles with 2 or 3 drunk idiots with warped planks and cheap rope? These are often made by teams of people.. college students or group, with advanced equipment (they now use lasers, gps, etc.), who plan these out meticulously prior to rolling them out. Trying to minimize the ability or sobriety of the people that make these is a cheap ploy to try and dismiss. Why is being drunk a requirement for making crop circles, anyway?

I wish I could find that video of two guys making a rather complex and quite large circle. Took them three and a half hours I believe. Only rope and planks.. they were sober far as I could tell.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You need to watch this guys, I found it somewhat funny: www.youtube.com...

These people claim they make crop circles, even some of the most complex designs of them but I think its the most biggest bull# I have ever heard, he cannot explain properly why he made the crops and cant even name them as he claim to have designed 1 or 2 of them. He does show a picture of a man made crop which was the guys design of a pair of Y front pants which was a absolute #e compared to the circles shown. He said they just draw a design and do it, but the designs are of which people wouldn't really think of doing yet somehow they do. One of the designs they claim to have made was the Native American Headdress with a prominent Mayan Motif symbolizing solar flares, coronal mass ejections represented as dots on the feathers of the headdress, or so they say which we all know was very, very big and complex in design which would take more than a night with the amount of people they claimed they have. Absolute bull#, have a watch and you will agree. I know crop circles can be physically made by humans but such complex designs take more than a night to do. I gotta say though, they look like scumbags who love their drink down the ol' pub lol.
edit on 13-8-2011 by BigMoab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Originally posted by mossme89
This is another new crop circle. What could it possibly mean?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/214990a15758.png[/atsimg]
source
edit on 1-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

That this is human made?

So if one crop circle is human made then every single one is human made?
edit on 1-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

No. That the complexity you love to claim "cannot be human made," is most likely human made. That's all. You claim to know a lot about crop circles, but I think you're having trouble explaining your ET's smokin' on a human pipe. I respect your work, but I'm beginning to laugh at your denial.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BigMoab

Unfortunately I don't have two hours to spare to watch it, so I will just believe you description of what happens on the video.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It is these elements of fact that I just covered that forces me to give more credibility to my theory than these guys whose work you promoted without checking it for logical and blatant mistakes
reply to post by MaxBlack

You mean your "more credible" theory, that simply jumps on the Elenin/pole shift nonsense bandwagon? Tell me; Where, exactly, is there a shred of proof that Elenin will be visible to the naked eye, let alone capable of influencing a planet's magnetic field? Rubbish. PS. I simply adored the way you lent more credibility to "your" own theory. Scientific!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Just hang in there. August 16, 2011 will be here soon.
Well, August 16, 2011 is gone for most of the world, did something happened?

edit on 16/8/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join