It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$900K offered to settle OC Kelly Thomas police Murder = police GUILT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
abclocal.go.com.../local/orange_county&id=8280702

FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Fullerton has offered a $900,000 settlement to the family of a man who died after a struggle with police, according to the man's father Ron Thomas.

doesent the OC police wanting to settle so soon imply they know it was wrong.
edit on 31-7-2011 by theblackirish7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
not neccasarily. but with that large of an amount maybe. i know where i work they settle EVERYTHING. even if we have it on tape showing 10000% that it is not our fault or the complaint is false they will settle. why? because here in the ghetto it is easier and cheaper to just give them a couple thousand than pay lawyers to fight through court. me personally im thinking of getting someone to sue for me lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Forget the money. I want to see some cops behind bars. They need to be locked up just like any one esle that did something like this. Lock them up and weld the door shut.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Settlements are reached through cost analysis rather than guilt/innocence.

If it will cost more to fight then a settlement by the defense is offered. Considering the way a good liar for hire can drag a case out and the cost of a good civil defense attorney 900 large sounds about right for a case like this.

Nothing out of the ordinary TBH.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Forget the money. I want to see some cops behind bars. They need to be locked up just like any one esle that did something like this. Lock them up and weld the door shut.

Couldn't agree more. Sadly we'll only see a short suspension - most likely with pay. Anything short of all of them losing their jobs is unacceptable IMHO. Ideally, they should all be on trial for murder.

Originally posted by sempul
not neccasarily. but with that large of an amount maybe. i know where i work they settle EVERYTHING. even if we have it on tape showing 10000% that it is not our fault or the complaint is false they will settle. why? because here in the ghetto it is easier and cheaper to just give them a couple thousand than pay lawyers to fight through court. me personally im thinking of getting someone to sue for me lol.

Where do you work? I might have to have an "accident" there...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

come to where i am. ill smack ya a few times on camera if you agree to split it lol

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theblackirish7

he should just take the money and move away.

hell it's $900K right?

more than enough to "buy some justice"
if you know what i mean.

jeez, not a single flag or star.

here ya go

try to do a more informative Op next time
and avoid opening threads on sunday, it's the slowest day of the week on ATS

oh and your link doesn't seem to work properly

(hxxp://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=8280702)

there, just replace xx with tt
edit on 31-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join