It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Fighting Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hey all just found this video of some Japanese Wirless toy robots duking it out, showing off the latest in Robotics. Whacha guys think?

pc.watch.impress.co.jp...
www.newscientist.com...

I know it looks pretty comical, but just imagine in 10 or so years when they get human sized versions of these with hydrolic powered arms with the strength of 100 Arnies. (Ok maybe a bit of an exageration on my part there
)

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No one has any comments? Was this posted before? Maybe I put this in the wrong forum
Oh well I thought it was cool anyway

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has anymore Robot videos(not Asimo and family please seen them all). Im looking for some human sized
robot vidz. I know they exist as I have seen them on the discovery channel. They had a bit of a balance problem though.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I like the one with the knife

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It does look pretty funny.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Those Japs know whats funny.

I like the white one on the right side, he gets up quick.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Humanoid Robot.

robot site

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have seen these little guys before at the Robo Oylmpics they are mostly Japan and Korean people making them. They are cool I love when they do Karate moves I want one

These robots cost alot of money and time to make though

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I live here in Japan and few months ago there was a program on TV about robots and my jaw dropped to the floor when a Neon Genesis Evangelion-type, human sized, robot was walking and then came to an obstacle and crawled under it to other side of the obstacle, my toughts were 'WOOOWWW'. I admit it was pretty damn cool, just the size of that thing crawling and walking.

Sony Qrio is pretty cool too, walks and moves very smoothly. www.sony.net...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
For everyone who wants one of these small humanoid robots and doesnt have a few thousand dollars to spend or a degree in robotics heres another choice.Robosapien he may not be able to move as good as those other robots but for under a $100 its a deal. Plus if you give this little guy a sword like that robot in the video you might be able to hold your own in those robot fights.

www.hobbytron.net...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey

Sony Qrio is pretty cool too, walks and moves very smoothly. www.sony.net...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Samiralfey]

damn, none of the videos work! But i love the robots scuffing, it looks so funny man! I can't wait until its actually good rather than comical.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Damn..that's pretty decent! There are robotic tournaments held for dueling robots which is pretty cool in perspective. However, it takes A LOT of money and time to build, compile, and debug these robots whilst the first prize is only $9000. It's held in Japan..who's it sponsored by?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1
Damn..that's pretty decent! There are robotic tournaments held for dueling robots which is pretty cool in perspective. However, it takes A LOT of money and time to build, compile, and debug these robots whilst the first prize is only $9000. It's held in Japan..who's it sponsored by?

''The fight money isn't stingy at Robo-One, which has drawn corporate sponsors, including major Tokyo-based toymaker Bandai Co and 20th Century Fox''

I guess Robo-One is named after the famous K1 tournament

''According to Robo-One rules, a robot that gets pulled, pushed or punched down must get up on its feet before the referee counts to 10 to avoid a knockout''.

Cool I didnt know they had a 10 count for these little guys

hosted.ap.org... BOTS?SITE=VANOV&SECTION=BUSINESS

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
They are pretty cool bots, it shouldn't be too long before they are more widely avaliable to the genral public.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I also enjoyed those robot on RobotWars, some were pretty decend metal mayhem machines, I especially liked the HypnoDisk. It had a spinning disk with 'teeth' on the side of the disk and made pretty heavy damage to the opponents usually.

top topics

join