It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Trust the Terrorism “Experts”!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I know that I am probably writing this a little too late but it’s a point that I think is important and I have been busy the past few days and not had time to write this tread.

Anyway.....

Last week I came home from work just a hour after the terrible events in Norway, I caught I quick up date of events on BBC news who where reporting that these attacks may have been the responsibility of Al’Qa’ida or Libya. I had a conversation with myself analysing the information I had acquired from my tellybox and reached the conclusion that this may be the work of a right wing group. My reasoning for this was that I did not think Libya had the capability to conduct such an attack and would not risk international outrage over the killing of children. I also thought it was unlikely to be the work of radical Islamic groups as there was nothing to suggest any suicide attacks and that again killing children was hardly their MO. The Mumbai attacks did cross my mind but the attacks unfolding in Norway did not feel like the same thing, with one gun man dressed as a copper. My suspicions that this was a right wing group were only compounded by the fact no prominent group had yet taken responsibility.

But this thread is not about my analytical skills, no this thread is about the idiotic and ignorant “terrorism experts”. No matter what channel I checked every one of these guys were talking about how this was either an Al’Qa’ida linked group or Libya. I recall one guy who actually went as far to talk about a group he admitted to having never heard of who had claimed responsibility and finished his monologue of pseudo-intellectual rubbish by saying “yeah they are probably connected to Al’Qa’ida”.

On every news program they had a different yet identical man in a gray suit who just came out of a university lecture theatre with his doctorate under his chubby arm spouting the biggest load of crap about something he clearly knew nothing about. Every one of them sat on those comfy looking chairs in front of the camera and told the attractive news anchor that this was almost definitely Al’Qa’ida or Libya, as I screamed at my TV waiting for the moment one of them considered the possibility off right wing terrorists. I saw at least two of them go on about how this probably was not right wing terrorism and gave a very eloquent yet utter stupid reason for this not being the responsibility of right wing terrorists because Norway was such a liberal society such extreme right wing views could not flourish.

It was so annoying I went to bed hopping for a proper explanation as to who was responsible in the morning

The next morning my alarm goes off, I have a shower, make a coffee and stick the news on. Now it’s one every station that it turns out this was the work of a right wing nut job. To make matters worse the same so called “terrorism experts” are now giving us some in depth explanation about the nature of right wing terrorism. Not one of them admitted to being wrong, it was embarrassing.

Lesson learned, don’t pay any attention to the terrorism experts on the news.

I will stick to my books.

edit on 31-7-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Useless idiots if you ask me. There was one on CNN yesterday saying it's almost a given that there'll be countless copycats from the Norway situation. Bunch of fearmongering guessers.

Decent article in the Guardian about it: www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 31-7-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
TV Media is all about talking heads these days. Some of them wander from network to network so much that I wonder if they even have the time to look over recent events. All of these former Generals and former Counter-Terrorism experts really have very little clue as to what is going on, unless they left the job yesterday.

I tune them out as soon as they are introduced.

It's just as bad with the debt crisis economic experts as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why anyone would make guesses, without evidence, on national television and look like an idiot is beyond me. Oddly enough, no one remembers this when I ask them; I say the MSM initially accused al-qaeda, and they look at me like I'm an idiot.

Terrorism isn't even real. It's a trigger word used to get people to react, and after they generate the reaction they propose the solution. So far the solution has been Orwellian police-state.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I started this topic about 2 weeks ago:

The Terrorism Industry

But I really should've waited about a week and a half, because it really became relevant then, as it approaches your idea not to trust these experts, from another angle: these same terrorism experts are the ones quoted by the Norwegian guy as his justification. So much so that they're having to seriously backtrack and demand nuance in differentiating THEIR brand of bigotry and hatred from the Anders brand.

The most telling, of course, is how they inspired this sort of behaviour, and how they encouraged it before it came back to bite them with bad publicity. Pamela Geller, who is regularly called up by the likes FOX and stuff for her "expertise", was recently caught out trying to remove part of a letter she had posted on her blog from an anonymous norwegian, because of it's militaristic undertones. Here is what was removed:

"We are stockpiling and caching weapons, ammunition and equipment. This is going to happen fast.

Someone made the point in the comments that this person could be prosecuted by the Norwegian police, to which Geller responded basically "Yeah, that is why I had it posted anonymously".

Anders Behring Mystery Man
edit on 1-8-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join