It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSW rabbis brawl over child abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

NSW rabbis brawl over child abuse

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

ONE of the state's most high profile Jewish leaders is fighting off calls for his resignation after he urged rabbis not to report allegations of child abuse to the police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
m.news.com.au
www.ijn.com

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It seems they are taking a leaf out of the Roman Catholic faith; don't report child abuse to police.

This is the crime that calls out for punishment, for investigation.

For example, Didn't they learn from the mistakes made by Catholic church in Ireland?

Revelations of rape and beatings by members of religious orders and the priesthood in the past have shattered the dominant role of the Catholic Church in Ireland.

...Covering up child abuse doesn't bode well for public support of the church.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

This Rabbi should step down, no doubts about it!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sounds like JC foretold of this predatory wave on children when he said that no one should cause a child to sin .
Although, in ancient time it was natural to take a wife at the age of 12-15

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I misinterpreted the title pretty badly. I read it as "NSFW: Rabbis brawl over child abuse", so I expected a bunch of rabbis in a synagogue having a battle royale.

Look at this guys logic:

He also argued anyone who reported a paedophile would be responsible if the paedophile was raped in prison.
So Rabbi Feldman seems to think it's OK if they have sex with children, but if the person who raped children gets raped himself, then the person who reported the rapist should feel guilty.

One must go to a Rov (rabbi) who should firstly investigate the veracity of the complaint and if thought to be serious, warn the culprit etc. and act in a way that could scare him by threatening him with publicity by internet to the whole community.
Yeah, rabbis are the law of the land, not the justice system. Rabbis make their own rules.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Just do away with Organized Religion, people can't be trusted to represent God because after awhile they develop a similar complex.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is from the same religion that believed God made a horrible mistake by making the foreskin on the human male penis too long, so they devised the methods to correct that mistake... They are obviously wiser than god, their creator, so they should also be above any laws.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well havent they already proven through private labs that circumcision reduces bear attacks and being struck by lighting by 30%.

I think its funny when christians try to prevent aids... they give them condoms and promote circumscision... then when the aids rates go down... it of course was the circumcision. Praise be to the great spagmon, sauce be upon him.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
In my opinion, covering up child abuse is just as bad as the act of raping children itself, and should be punished exactly as harshly. Preferably by a one-way ticket to the gas chamber. Because guess what - you gas 'em, they can't do it again. No - mercy - whatsoever - for child molesters and people who would cover it up.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So your taking the shallow position that the behavior of individuals who happen to be a member of a group, defines the entire group? Amazing.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing race, ethnicity, religion or spirituality, nationality, inter-regional prejudice, gender and sexual orientation, homelessness, various medical disorders particularly behavioral disorders and addictive disorders.

Source of definition at Wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If they abide by tradition then when the Jewish male is circumcised the Rabbi then sucks the blood from the penis. One faction in America now suggests using plastic tubing. Guilt much?
When one creates a phallocentric World and focuses it's phallocentricity upon such young children is that not a recipe for disaster?
Thus religion just on this case of point alone can begin to be seen as the base for such practices and not merely some aberrant member of the flock.
It also spreads to all the Abrahamic faiths. According to the OT should'nt children who disobey their parents be killed?
Does not the Islamic faith permit thighing?
Could these brief examples indicate that a callous sadism exists towards children and is institutionalised. Some may say made sacrosanct.
So the religious world for children exists of genital mutilation, sexual abuse and the death sentence if you cry injustice.
edit on 1/8/11 by goldentorch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The Rabbi, if he knowingly covers up a crime of paedophilia is guilty of conspiracy and perverting the course of justice and no matter what his excuse, he is subject to the law of the country he chooses to live in.

If you don't respect the country you live in's laws, you are in a case such as this, a threat to the public.

Perhaps its time to open the discussion of whether religious laws over-rule the laws of the State/Country, which supposedly apply to everyone.

The position the Rabbi finds himself in is a compromised one because The talmud, which if often ignorred by non-Jews who tend to only focus on the Torah, has very offensive teachings concerning child sex and how a |Jew or group of Jews are allowed to treat non-Jews, who it claims are 'goyim' eg animals that a Jew can merrily exploit and ruin.

The teachings of the Talmud are coming more into public awareness and one can only say caution is required by all over these teachings as they are so controversial.

Concerning child abuse which goes right down to the age of a 1year, 1 day old baby in Judaic Talmudic teachings, all three Desert religions have either teachings, traditions, - or where it is written that God thinks its OK for sex with children. Our State Laws say it is not OK and perhaps a final ruling on this repugnant practise
needs to be spelt out to all concerned. Much of what religion teaches us is entwined into State Law but some of it is clearly out of time and needs burying.

How a Rabbi could collude on child abuse seriously spoils the respect in society he has. However it also makes one wonder if he has colluded to keep other crimes hidden within the small community he controls.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
All i can say is that the article ad the views of the Rabbi disgust me !! i really dont know what else to say as i'm trying to subdue my anger after reading this !

I know alot of jewish people and this is not their view of things, but i cant help thinking this is going to be the cause of alot of angry outburst and discrimination !

new topics

top topics

join