It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just plain stupid.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks they know for sure either way is kidding themselves.

Agnosticism is where it's at everyone!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

I often wonder why such obviously intelligent people would be so close-minded and arrogant. I don't know the truth about a creator(s?), so I stay open-minded.

I love statements like this - People that are obviously intelligent - don't believe like me -- whats wrong with them.

Whats wrong with them? --- perhaps - just perhaps.......

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Can you name any form of order, just one example of orderliness that did not require some form of intelligence to produce or create it? Let me stop you now. I don’t want you wasting too much time thinking about it. There is no such thing. All orderliness requires intelligent direction. This law, alone, proves atheism to be a false idea.

Nature. Nature is a form of order that did not require any form of intelligence to form.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

No I don't want special treatment, and I wouldn't ask for that to be moved either, again people on here assume what people think without asking the question. You assumed I would want it moved. Don't make assumptions about how someone thinks when you don't know jack about who they are.

I don't care how bad of a title is, let it all ride, I don't care, I spoke what I believe and thats my bottom line.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theblackirish7

Please explain your comment "16 miles of books"

I dont no anything about this,could you please share what you no?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by Balkan

I often wonder why such obviously intelligent people would be so close-minded and arrogant. I don't know the truth about a creator(s?), so I stay open-minded.

I love statements like this - People that are obviously intelligent - don't believe like me -- whats wrong with them.

Whats wrong with them? --- perhaps - just perhaps.......

Heh, but it's ok when atheists do likewise? I generally speak to someone as I'm spoken to. It's usually the only language they understand.
Well then, is atheism not being close-minded? Are the atheists in this thread not trolling and coming across as arrogant?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

The bottom line is, it doesn't matter what you want. This is a general conspiracy forum. The thread belongs in either chit-chat or jokes and puns. How long before it is approprately moved? I give it another day.

CJ

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GMan420
Anyone who thinks they know for sure either way is kidding themselves.

Agnosticism is where it's at everyone!

YESS, Thank you sir. How can we determine wehther he is truely there or not? we cannot. can we determine that most mass religions have been edited and changed to fit societal needs? Yes. We can. Thus we should not be argueing about christianity and athiesm but about thiesm and athiesm, get it right. And in the end no one will be able to proove the other wrong regardless.

Agnostic Front

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Humans are forced to think in a biased way. We are constantly making decisions, creating things, and taking notice of consequences. Its not really irrational to believe in creationism because of this, but reality may just be too much for the human brain to grasp and it may have absolutely nothing to do with some invisible guy in the clouds looking down on us for entertainment.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I ain't gonna argue with ya, period, I said what I believe, and I really don't care if I get what I want, I stated what I wanted to state and I stand by it, if no one likes it too bad get over it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Can you name any form of order, just one example of orderliness that did not require some form of intelligence to produce or create it? Let me stop you now. I don’t want you wasting too much time thinking about it. There is no such thing. All orderliness requires intelligent direction. This law, alone, proves atheism to be a false idea.
reply to post by bwinwright

mmmmm The universe and everything in it?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard
all of you are assuming the OP Is christian which they never claimed to be, why Is it the Atheists have a hate for Christianity? I'm not saying they all do but the majority seem to have a serious problem with Christianity but not other religions like Islam, Judaism, or Hindu. Atheists act like If your not Atheist you must be christian.

I don't think atheists hate christians....they just don't agree with them...

Maybe some do..but couldn't you say the same about some christians who hate..atheists..jews..or anyone doesn't believe in christianity ?

I think its foolish to lump "ALL"... of any type of belief ..into categories like this.

edit on 31-7-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CriticalCK

Wrong. It does not. Agnosticism would be the thinking man's choice. Choosing atheism is taking the same leap of faith that believing a religion is. It's still a belief based on zero evidence. Atheists are satisfying themselves without knowing. When you say this is the way it is that is when you quit trying to learn and understand so it is actually in exact opposition to educating.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think atheist are at least misguided maybe not stupid. Mainly because how atheism was described to me from other atheist, they said, that atheist do not believe in god but don't claim that he doesn't exist.

So, what they are doing is saying that they don't believe in god (which is fine) but then they try and hide behind an agnostic point of view which they seem to not understand. If you can't claim that god does not exist then you can only assume that god does and doesn't exist at the same time.

this is how it appears to me

atheist do not believe in god
/
/
/
and god does not exist and god does exist

and that is why atheist seem misguided to me.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

IMO and it is my personal opinion and I don't think I know everything or have the answers to everything, but I believe that atheism is the easy way out. It's much easier to sit back and believe in nothing than to take a chance on faith and actually stand for something higher even if you don't fully believe.

I think it's better to believe in something than nothing at all, I think believing in nothing is depressing, I would rather believe in GOD and be wrong, than believe in nothing and live of life in that thought process of being dead in a dark hole. Thats why its called faith and not a guarantee.

Again atheists attack me time and time and over and over again I say I have no issues with them as human beings, they seem to be against me just because I believe in God instead of looking at me as a person. Not all, I have atheist friends, and I get why they question it, but both sides sometimes go too far.

I'm not a religious fanatic my faith is a personal one, I don't go to church cause I think religous leaders are as incompetent as our government.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EpicKingy
reply to post by theblackirish7

Please explain your comment "16 miles of books"

I dont no anything about this,could you please share what you no?

ya, they " the cathlic church " has under lock and key shelves 16 miles long full of books. one can only imagine what else they have.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

thought you were done arguing this point , more lies from Christians

were was God when the church was tying people to stretcher boards in the dark ages
and whats with praying , if everything is part of his plan why ask him to change it at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

So, what they are doing is saying that they don't believe in god (which is fine) but then they try and hide behind an agnostic point of view which they seem to not understand. If you can't claim that god does not exist then you can only assume that god does and doesn't exist at the same time.

Not at all, I do not know whether or not god exists therefore I must not believe in a god therefore I am an atheist as defined as someone who lacks a belief in god. It’s no more complicated than that.

IMO and it is my personal opinion and I don't think I know everything or have the answers to everything, but I believe that atheism is the easy way out. It's much easier to sit back and believe in nothing than to take a chance on faith and actually stand for something higher even if you don't fully believe.

So rather than being honest and saying that you don’t know you’d rather make something up and delude yourself into believing it even though you don’t fully believe it (wah?)?

edit on 31-7-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

Umm, terribly sorry, but what sort of intelligent direction created your God then?

Theists attempting to use reason against Atheists is always good for a laugh. So humor me and let me point out a logical flaw of theism in return then.

Why is it that you rely on your sense and empirical reasoning for getting through the motions of life -- but make an exception only for God? Is this not just a display of subjectivity?

Unless, of course, you happen to be the one person who has found evidence of God's existence. Assuming you aren't, I'll continue.

When you hear of concepts such as leprechauns, unicorns, fairies and the like, do you believe that they exist? Why or why not?

Can you touch God? See him? Hear him? Smell him? Taste him? If not, what criteria do you use to measure his existence?

If you can not objectively determine the existence of something, or even observe its effect on reality, then it is the same thing as not existing

While walking anywhere, such as down a sidewalk or hallway, do you become afraid and assume that there are invisible things that you may run into and hurt yourself? Do you trust yourself enough to operate a moving vehicle? If I had to guess, I'd say from your argument that you're about 15. Considering that you are old enough to be writing on the internet, it's safe to say that you have fed yourself when hungry, used your eyes to read, and generally steered clear of life-threatening dangers. If so, then you RELY on the evidence of the senses. Yet you make an unprecedented exception and deny them when it comes to your magical friend in the sky.

Your only basis for arguing the existence of God is that you enjoy thinking there is a God. You prefer there to be a God. That is all.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

if you dont know then he does exist. Its really not that hard to understand if you don't know something then all possibilities are true untill proven false.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join