It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt ceiling failing? Credit rating shrinking? Party! (Obama is!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Himal
reply to post by beezzer

Man... all your posting are about how much you hate Obama ...

Hey, everyone needs a job...granted, its a degree going to waste, but in todays economy, you gotta just be greatful for being employeed

I mean...surely he isn't doing it for free

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Man... all your posting are about how much you hate Obama ... seems like you wake up thinking about him and sleep with Obama being the last thing in your mind ... and you whine too much about everything he does ..
either you are a big cry baby or a closet (you know what) with a hardon for Obama ..

So this is your defense? Name calling and a gay reference.
Thanks for playing.
Vanna? What do we have for this contestant?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by beezzer

Man... all your posting are about how much you hate Obama ...

Hey, everyone needs a job...granted, its a degree going to waste, but in todays economy, you gotta just be greatful for being employeed

I mean...surely he isn't doing it for free

Nope. Even got a 401K and dental.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Not the lido deck doing tequilla shooters off the stomach of Rosie O'Donnel.

Not gunna lie, that made me throw up in my mouth a little....

Although I have a serious lack of love for the big O, I wish that on no man!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah.. he really should change the date of his birthday..
..Let's see.. when don't bad things happen?

Celebrating his birthday versus taking care of the country.

Your argument would be valid if the president were seven.

Again, I ask, what can he do on the 3rd that would somehow make things better?
Break out the presidental magic wand?

Nothing...its a day late (literally) and many dollars short...Frankly, what he is going to do may correct the problem though, go fundraise and get the teatards out of congress come 12 before the rest of the country burns down.

So, Thank you Mr. President for spending time working on your re-election campaign...get the youth vote rallied and kick out these idiots

(ouch)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You all should know better than to engage these types in conversation anymore. It stopped being rational ages ago.

You know what, I don't even blame the Tea Party, can't blame people like that. That's a deep ingrained defect that's bred and raised.

I blame Reid. He allowed the Healthcare vote not to take place before the summer of 2010. He allowed the whole Tea Party nonsense to get off of the ground. It's because of him, that we even have a problem with these types. Dems should have manned up, did what they thought was right, and pushed the legislation through before the whole Town Hall drama. I can guarantee we wouldn't be facing this dearth of intellectualism and reason.

Whatever. That's what I say. You all have abandoned ship, and thrown reason to the wind. Let this great nation that I never got a chance to experience die just because of your Hatred for One man. I may be young, but I identify hatred when I see it. This Obama hatred has caused hardships for this nation.

I am reminded of a thread by SkepticOverlord in this situation

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 31-7-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So, exactly what should Obama be doing the day after the 2nd? Explain what a POTUS should be doing?

What is your argument exactly? that..he is having a birthday, or that he is attending a fundraiser? Would him sitting in his office somehow = all the worlds problems disappearing?

This discussion makes no sense. If you want this issue to pass, call up your congressmen and tell them to compromise...you personally have more power than Obama at this point when it comes to your local congressmen...are you considering having a party anytime soon?
edit on 31-7-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

My issue is the impression that the leader portrays.
If Moodys downgades our credit rating, I would expect the president to be at his office. Not asking for money or partying.

If interest rates are going to climb, stock market going to crash, I'd expect the captain to be at the helm. Not the lido deck doing tequilla shooters off the stomach of Rosie O'Donnel.

Who is the captain at this point.
Hard for Cappy to be at mast when there was a piracy and the pirates steered the ship for the rocks (to further the analagy). As I said, fundraising may in fact be the more direct solution to the issue than taking a nap in his office and hearing about how there is nothing he can do.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Ahh, the endless vicitimization of the right "If it was the right, they would crusify..." nonsense. People have birthdays, people throw fundraisers, There are also bad actions, such as being quiet during a time when statements must be made to the public, ultimately, a president only signs in or veto's...thats about it.

He is on record of what he thinks, and this is a day after the "d-day" where nothing is going on anyhow.

Some with obamadness will criticise him no matter what he does ever, in the same way that the "special" people in society blamed absolutely everything under the sun on GWB and criticised his every single move and action...best to ignore the fringe on both sides...and yourself if you are said fringe

Touche, but to me it is still bad form. Yes it is his birthday, and yes he should have every right to celebrate it, but doing a birthday/fundraiser party the day after we are set to "default"? I usually have my birthday parties the weekend before or following my birthday, so that it doesn't interfere with my job. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

You have to understand, the issue with the Dems is a nieve view of bipartisanship. Basically Dems have no spine. Their endless attempts to seem like the good guy inevitably backfires in their face time and time again. Also keep in mind that it wasn't just a matter of pushing something through, remember the endless filibusters for every single thing...you literally couldn't pass anything unless there was a supermajority and the only time real progress happened was at the end of 10 when the repubs wanted to go on vacation but were stuck (sure, filibuster over your vacation time.).

But ya, the blues have no legislative backbone...but then again, would they be viewed as the "good guy" if they did what the right does? I think not...so gotta walk a line between hardarse movements and appearance of compromise and bipartisanship...and they are actually at odds with each other when the other side's only agenda is to remove the power from you at any cost.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Again, I ask, what can he do on the 3rd that would somehow make things better?
Break out the presidental magic wand?

Nothing...its a day late (literally) and many dollars short...Frankly, what he is going to do may correct the problem though, go fundraise and get the teatards out of congress come 12 before the rest of the country burns down.

So, Thank you Mr. President for spending time working on your re-election campaign...get the youth vote rallied and kick out these idiots

(ouch)
It's about impressions. Is he a president who is working hard on the nations problems?
Or is he going to a fund raiser and partying?

To me, this illsutrates his priorities.
Reality is moot.
Peceptions are key.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Ahh, the endless vicitimization of the right "If it was the right, they would crusify..." nonsense. People have birthdays, people throw fundraisers, There are also bad actions, such as being quiet during a time when statements must be made to the public, ultimately, a president only signs in or veto's...thats about it.

He is on record of what he thinks, and this is a day after the "d-day" where nothing is going on anyhow.

Some with obamadness will criticise him no matter what he does ever, in the same way that the "special" people in society blamed absolutely everything under the sun on GWB and criticised his every single move and action...best to ignore the fringe on both sides...and yourself if you are said fringe

Touche, but to me it is still bad form. Yes it is his birthday, and yes he should have every right to celebrate it, but doing a birthday/fundraiser party the day after we are set to "default"? I usually have my birthday parties the weekend before or following my birthday, so that it doesn't interfere with my job. Just saying.

Who says its going to default? Almost everyone across the board agrees it will not and a deal will be made...after all, its been passed without issue over 100 times so far...this is all just pomp and partisan retoric at the end of the day...holding everyones feet to the fire right until the last possible second.

If we do default, then again, nothing Obama can do...and frankly, he might do well to let the "public option" prevail...aka, a bunch of citizens with bats going to discuss things with their newly elected representative and their general dissatisfaction.

Raise the debt ceiling, make meaningful cuts where they can be cut, tighten up, and remove the effing bush tax cuts straight across the board

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Reality is moot.
Peceptions are key.

I think thats the attitude that got us in this mess to begin with.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Reality is moot.
Peceptions are key.

I think thats the attitude that got us in this mess to begin with.

Perhaps. But that' the reality we live in today.

Personally? He should go to Chicago. Party his presidential butt off.

It'll make a great campaign commercial for someone.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That is why I put default in "". I know we aren't going to default, but according to everyone in Washington, if something doesn't happen by Aug. 2 the show is over on Aug. 3.
Not really, but that's how the drama coming out off the hill might as well word it. A credit downgrade on the other hand would actually be pretty devastating across the board though.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
First he tells us we need to talk to our congresmen, because apparently he just cant talk with those people. Now he throwes a chief and commander birthday bash, while asking for money. Seems like the guy we hired just told us to "do it yourelf" and took off to party. By the way, was Oboma knighted like bush? We could fire him ya know.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

How so? This could have been planned months ago.

Obama could have taken care of the budget a year ago with the Dems in total control and dealt with the debt ceiling before now also.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What should he do then?
Is it unfathomable that he could do both? The deadline will have passed, Being president is a stressful job, I guess you don't think they are deserving of enjoyment while in the office and should keel over while working?

I highly doubt he's going to take the whole day off and this will be what he does, he will jet in and jet out.
It's a charity dinner, they all do it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It's a fund raiser. And again, perception is key. If the leader of the free world prioritizes this then fine. It's just very telling of the man and what he thinks is important and what the people he represents feels is important.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Really, beezer, If he doesnot party on August 3rd .. your perception of Obama is going to change?
Are you kiddin' me ...

If you really think Obama is the problem and he is out to destroy America ... what are the rest of the 330 millions American doing? Why are all your Tea Party favorites not standing up and revolting .. all your Ron Paul, Rand Paul or Ru Paul.
Constantly blaming one person who has been on the job for a few years for the problem that started even before he was born is not healthy... and as far as Obama is concerned, forget destroying America .. I don't think he has ever held a gun .. and probably runs out of the room if he sees a mouse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join