It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt ceiling failing? Credit rating shrinking? Party! (Obama is!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't have to tell you folks about the impending issue of the debt ceiling debate, do I?
How about Moody's decisions on our credit rating?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And while I, myself would prefer to have no debt ceiling increase, those in D.C. have been talking like armageddon is upon us. Countless threads on what might happen, countless newscast on every network pronouncing doom, politicians of every stripe shouting from the capital steps describing the certain doom and unspeakable ills that will befall us unless we get a bill passed.

This is something all of us have taken seriously.

Er. . . maybe not all of us.

Staggering unemployment. Crippling inflation. Crushing deficits. The country wallowing in a new great malaise. What’s the most smartest president in the history of the American Republic to do?

Throw himself a party, that’s what!

You know who puts the party in the Democrat Party
The Chicago Sun Times rounds up the details so you can RSVP ASAP:

President Obama returns to Chicago on Aug. 3 to mark his 50th birthday with fund-raisers at the Aragon Ballroom, with tickets ranging from $50 a person to $35,800 per couple, which includes VIP seating at a “Birthday Concert” where celebs will be performing and a dinner with the president.

The fundraiser at the Aragon, the historic ballroom in Uptown, will be one of the biggest third quarter events, expected to draw in national supporters. Obama’s 50th birthday is Aug. 4. UPDATE The Aragon is a cosy venue–I went to concerts there in college and high school–and I heard Thursday afternoon all the performers will be native Chicagoans. END UPDATE

The Obama team on Wednesday reported collecting more than $86 million in second quarter fund-raising over $47 million directly for the Obama 2012 campaign and more than $38 million for the Democratic National Committee.

But wait it gets better!

The event is multi-tiered: There is a concert at 4 p.m.–Foster said songstress Jennifer Hudson may perform–for the basic $50 contribution, of which there is supposed to be “limited availability.”

For $10,000, a person gets a souvenir photo with Obama at a reception and preferred seating at the concert. For $1,000 a person gets seated in a “premium section” with a “hosted bar.” A general admission ticket is $200.

What’s that you say? The peasants have no bread? No worries, let them eat Obama’s birthday cake.

www.ihatethemedia.com...

So America! Late on car payments? Mortgage payments behind? Can't afford groceries? Don't have a job?

Just party like it's 1929!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let them eat cake.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have finally figured out why Aug. 2 was the deadline.

Obama had a party to go to, Aug. 3rd.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Another right wing rag crying about a fund raiser. Surprise surprise there's dems that have money also and they are the people you cater too when running an election.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

Meh its a fundraiser its also his birthday and he cannot solve the debt ceiling issue by himself so I say party away. Common folk are and will reguardless of how dire things become. Why should the commander in chief be any different?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Another right wing rag crying about a fund raiser. Surprise surprise there's dems that have money also and they are the people you cater too when running an election.

I could care less about fund raising.
I could care less about donors.

It's the timing that speaks volumes about Obama.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

How so? This could have been planned months ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

If our current debt crisis was as critical as everyone says it is, then why would the Commander in Chief be planning a party?

I guess it's okay.

We just know what his priorities are.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So is this why the deadline is on Aug. 2nd? So Obama and pals can throw a grand ol' party?

You know what this reminds me of? It reminds me of the classic Titanic scene/story of the small music group who played classical music while chaos swept the ship and them going down with the ship.

I don't know how the most influential person can be so ignorant to their surroundings.

/facepalm

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Funny thing is if it was a Republican, or god forbid a "Tea Party" member this forum would be littered with how the Tea Party and Republicans are driving this country right into the ground with reckless abandon!
You know the old saying "If the shoe fits?", well in this case it seems the shoe was hand crafted.

Well at least he is doing what he said and "going to the american people". The only problem is we are broke and he is showing up with his hat in his hand looking for contributions.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by beezzer

How so? This could have been planned months ago.

You're right. It probably was.
Priorities being what they are, (and the cost of ice sculpture center-pieces) he should go to the party.

I heard they got him a pinata!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So, exactly what should Obama be doing the day after the 2nd? Explain what a POTUS should be doing?

What is your argument exactly? that..he is having a birthday, or that he is attending a fundraiser? Would him sitting in his office somehow = all the worlds problems disappearing?

This discussion makes no sense. If you want this issue to pass, call up your congressmen and tell them to compromise...you personally have more power than Obama at this point when it comes to your local congressmen...are you considering having a party anytime soon?
edit on 31-7-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah.. he really should change the date of his birthday..
..Let's see.. when don't bad things happen?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The Secret Service shouldn't let him go.

The NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) Event Reports say there has been alot of stolen/lost Uranium 238/other radioactive materials lost just this year.

One company alone hired to transport 3 pieces of Uranium 238 picked up the material but never delivered it.

It's a matter of time before a dirty bomb/nuclear explosion occurs in America just from all the radioactive material stolen in transport across our country.

The President should never have his location known to the public. God knows we would be worse off with "President" Biden....my God....isn't that a scary thought??

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I could care less about fund raising.
I could care less about donors.

It's the timing that speaks volumes about Obama.

Not to mention "rich" supporters (like the "Gasp": Koch's?????) Putting money behind their politics( the horror)

I don't see many"common man in the street "types forking over $38,500 a couple to break bread in the vicinity of: "The Barack"...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So, exactly what should Obama be doing the day after the 2nd? Explain what a POTUS should be doing?

What is your argument exactly? that..he is having a birthday, or that he is attending a fundraiser? Would him sitting in his office somehow = all the worlds problems disappearing?

This discussion makes no sense. If you want this issue to pass, call up your congressmen and tell them to compromise...you personally have more power than Obama at this point when it comes to your local congressmen...are you considering having a party anytime soon?
edit on 31-7-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

My issue is the impression that the leader portrays.
If Moodys downgades our credit rating, I would expect the president to be at his office. Not asking for money or partying.

If interest rates are going to climb, stock market going to crash, I'd expect the captain to be at the helm. Not the lido deck doing tequilla shooters off the stomach of Rosie O'Donnel.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

Well the presidents schedule isnt usually so flexible to allow him to plan a party on a whim a month beforehand. Also seeing as its also his birthday this was most likely planned for months. There is NOTHING the pres could do ALONE to solve this issue. He has been present at talks its not as if he has been absent. You act like the entire govt has stopped everything and is sitting in a room trying to solve this and he decided to party instead which is not the case. Im sure other politicians will and have been partying. Why should not he?

This may come as a surprise to you but the president is human and he does have a life outside of politics. Relax.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah.. he really should change the date of his birthday..
..Let's see.. when don't bad things happen?

Celebrating his birthday versus taking care of the country.

Your argument would be valid if the president were seven.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Man... all your posting are about how much you hate Obama ... seems like you wake up thinking about him and sleep with Obama being the last thing in your mind ... and you whine too much about everything he does ..
either you are a big cry baby or a closet (you know what) with a hardon for Obama ..

link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Funny thing is if it was a Republican, or god forbid a "Tea Party" member this forum would be littered with how the Tea Party and Republicans are driving this country right into the ground with reckless abandon!

Ahh, the endless vicitimization of the right "If it was the right, they would crusify..." nonsense. People have birthdays, people throw fundraisers, There are also bad actions, such as being quiet during a time when statements must be made to the public, ultimately, a president only signs in or veto's...thats about it.

He is on record of what he thinks, and this is a day after the "d-day" where nothing is going on anyhow.

Some with obamadness will criticise him no matter what he does ever, in the same way that the "special" people in society blamed absolutely everything under the sun on GWB and criticised his every single move and action...best to ignore the fringe on both sides...and yourself if you are said fringe

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join