It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Disclosure Eminent!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by dilly1
If you want to invent your own stuff ,go right ahead. I don't see how you can associate the two: "god" and aliens together. Your non christian god supreme creator is a creation of yours. You invented that. Its one huge "it could be" theory. Your what I call a half breed. Your almost atheist but definitely not their yet.

I never said that was "my theory" (nor did I say it wasn't). What I personally believe is irrelevant to a general discussion about some sort of "God" and the possibility of life elsewhere.

I'm able to talk about various ideas regarding the possibility that a supreme being created the universe -- and that life sprang up in various parts of that universe -- WITHOUT necessarily believing it personally (nor disbelieving it).

Besides -- how can you DISPROVE that some advanced being from outside our universe created our universe?

I don't know if you know anything about christianity but I do . And nowhere , I mean nowhere in the bible or in any gnostic teachings of christ(church or home) is it discussed that aliens exist.

I'm not sure if the existence of other intelligent life in the Universe was on the minds of the people who wrote the New Testament. I'm not sure that would have been relevant to the message they were trying to convey.

The fact that the New Testament is silent on the issue of intelligent life elsewhere does not necessarily mean that the New Testament is specifically saying that life elsewhere doesn't exist.

edit on 8/3/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

OMG,,,, wow,,,,

A bit of advice. "Various ideas or a possibility of something " = IS CONSIDERED A THEORY

Its your theory that a supreme being created the universe. Now,,,, do you stand by that 100%? Probably not. You seem like the flake type that bounces around depending with whom your discussing or debating with.

Is it possible that life sprang out elsewhere, of course it has. Because the universe is infinite and we exist in this infinite universe. This is not a theory. This common sense. Logic.

But that's it. The buck stops there! Anything else is pure speculation just like faith in god. These are all theories ,like yours.

What the hell is ["beings" outside our universe]? Outside? Do you know what your saying ? Do you that the term "outside of" used with "universe" makes no sense. Your clearly a half breed ,internally fighting yourself hoping there is some way a GOD created human and other intelligent life forms in the cosmos. You want the best of both faiths. How cute,,,,,

I am sure aliens were not in the minds of any human during 100a.d. Thru 300a.d. Let alone the authors of the 4 gospels. And what message were they trying to convey. Because only 27 books were accepted to the new testament. Over 300 were excluded. So who is "who" your talking about. The actual authors or Constantine?

The new testament says nothing about life outside our stratosphere. So explain to me why it would mean anything else than "man and the word of the lord". Again your speculating and believing your theories as fact. That's a no no.

Just like your avatar your in a constant "tumble" with certain beliefs that do not coincide with each other. You should do what I do and that is use pure logic. No faith, no hope ,,,just logic. You can't imagine the weight lifted off your shoulders.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

"Alien" life forms could also mean biological microscopic life forms.

I think your friend was teasing you!

He mentioned alien life forms and their interactions with people on Earth, I'm not too sure how 'interactive' microscopic life forms are

have you never had the flu?? lol

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

A bit of advice. "Various ideas or a possibility of something " = IS CONSIDERED A THEORY

Its your theory that a supreme being created the universe. Now,,,, do you stand by that 100%? Probably not. You seem like the flake type that bounces around depending with whom your discussing or debating with.

I didn't say it wasn't a theory. I said it wasn't MY theory (i.e., I didn't invent that theory).

What the hell is ["beings" outside our universe]? Outside? Do you know what your saying ? Do you that the term "outside of" used with "universe" makes no sense. Your clearly a half breed ,internally fighting yourself hoping there is some way a GOD created human and other intelligent life forms in the cosmos. You want the best of both faiths. How cute,,,,,

You may want to check the present various theory of the cosmos. There are quite a few respected theorists who think that it is possible our universe is one of many. There could be other universes in other dimensions that are not visible to us -- nor would we ever be able to interact with them, because the laws of physics may be different in those other universes outside of our own.

Therefore, as some people have suggested, it is conceivable that an intelligent entity in one of those other universes created/constructed our universe. Read "Contact" by Carl Sagan. The last part of that book is all about how our universe is an artificial construct, built by aliens from outside the universe. And you need to read the book, not see the movie. The movie barely skimmed over that part. Sure -- it's only a book, but it is a very thoughtful idea that can't easily be disputed.

If anything, Sagan's idea from that book is a fun thought experiment.

I am sure aliens were not in the minds of any human during 100a.d. Thru 300a.d. Let alone the authors of the 4 gospels. And what message were they trying to convey. Because only 27 books were accepted to the new testament. Over 300 were excluded. So who is "who" your talking about. The actual authors or Constantine?

Constantine didn't decide what was the canon of the Bible (although he may or may not have had biblical manuscripts he considered heresy destroyed). Christian Biblical canon was decided by the 3rd council of Carthage well after Constantine died....
...But that's beside the point, unless someone has evidence that a manuscript Constantine allegedly ordered destroyed had made mention of ETs.

The point is that people wrote the books of the New Testament (plus the other gospels that never made it into the New Testament) and those people may not have had any knowledge of ET races. I'm not arguing whether the New Testament is the direct word of God or not -- I'm just stating the fact that just because it is silent on ET life doesn't mean that the existence ETs can't be consistent with Christian ideals.

...You should do what I do and that is use pure logic. No faith, no hope ,,,just logic. You can't imagine the weight lifted off your shoulders.

I don't know what the heck you are talking about. I am using logic. I already said I don't necessarily adhere to any of the various ideas of God and creation that I mentioned -- I'm simply discussing the pre-existing ideas of a "Supreme Being as the Creator of the Universe" that others have.

Again, they aren't MY ideas -- I didn't invent these ideas. I'm just using them as points of discussion.

You have no idea about my beliefs on whether or not there is a supreme creator of the universe because I haven't yet told you my beliefs about the creation of the Universe.

- - - - - - -

I'm a little disappointed in state of critical discourse and debate today.

To properly debate a subject, a person need to be able to take a step back away from their personal views on that subject and look at it from the outside in. That's all I'm doing here -- looking at the various ideas of God, creation, and ET life from the outside of the subject looking in, without ever discussing my personal views on the subject -- because my personal views are NOT relevant to the larger discussion and the search for the truth. I'm not so arrogant to think my personal views are necessarily the "Truth".

I wish more people would learn how to do that -- debate a subject from the outside looking in, without their personal views getting in the way. The world has seemed to lose this ability for critical thinking that transcends personal views.

edit on 8/3/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by karen61057

that post was for another thread. sorry

Yeah, I got that later on.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

-Take a step back??

-Not discussing your personal views???

Then what's the point of debating. What do you believe? Is it the same everyday or on weekends you get a little wild?lol

Seriously,,, you know where I stand.

*Its very likely aliens(intelligent or not) exist in the cosmos. Very likely because the universe is infinite and we exist in this universe that is infinite. Fact

Now,,,,Its a logical theory that aliens have not landed here(with in our known human history,,,12k to 10kb.c.e. )because of the need to have "beyond advanced technology" to travel thru an infinite universe . They(aliens or us for that matter) would have to master lightspeed for short distances/controlling wormholes for long travels/and most importantly stop aging all together.... Those are godlike characteristics which will make any living thing demonstrate superior behavior to a less advanced species(us). Meaning if they did land here we wouldn't be posting on ATS. And the visiting part is very important. Its basically who visit who first. If I visit you first I will win you over. Whether its a war or intellect. The visitor will always have a stronger grip.

That's why I laugh when people wish or blindly believe of the conception of aliens currently interacting here on this planet. These people have no idea what they are saying(not saying you said that, don't get sensitive on me now).

This last point is not a theory. But a logical theory(I just invented that, do you like?lol).

All seriousness,,,,,All I am saying ,whether its your theory or not , its just that a theory. That will never be proven. So you either deny it or accept it(which if you accept any theory ,like how I do with "why aliens haven't visited us", you naturally convert it as a fact). There's no gray area,because it will never be proven( by never meaning in the next 1000 years or so±.).

Whenever talking about who or the possibility of a god or a godlike being creating the universe or aliens from another dimension(s) is all speculation that will never be proven. So why in the world would you stress(don't know if you do) over one second of your short life with these beyond questions?

Believe they could exist but don't waste your time with daunting universal questions like : "are they here" and "did god or god-alien being create us",,bla bla bla

I hope you see my point.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by IceFlower

Well, you're correct. My bad. The subject is about UFO's and aliens. I read in both forums. While we're on the subject I thought gray area referred to the gray aliens and abduction and such. Oh well. Assume and you make an ass out of you and me. LOL.

I believe the expression is "...an ass out of yourself". I personally don't feel your assumption made an ass out of me.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by IceFlower

Well, you're correct. My bad. The subject is about UFO's and aliens. I read in both forums. While we're on the subject I thought gray area referred to the gray aliens and abduction and such. Oh well. Assume and you make an ass out of you and me. LOL.

I believe the expression is "...an ass out of yourself". I personally don't feel your assumption made an ass out of me.

Ass u me

He was correct with his use of that phrase.

Sorry - my bad - back on topic lol

I think it is always worth while sharing stories like this, even without pictures. It keeps it in the public consioucness, and we need that.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
NASA - Press conference on Thursday - NASA Announces News Briefing On Mars Orbiter Science Finding

Well, I'll be interested to hear what they say.

I doubt it will be anything that interesting, though.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenStarrz

NASA - Press conference on Thursday - NASA Announces News Briefing On Mars Orbiter Science Finding

I always find what they say interesting.

Granted, it probably won't be Earth-shattering, life-changing, 'We-Found-a-Civilization-on-Mars' type of a press conference, but it will probably still be scientifically very interesting.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Granted, it probably won't be Earth-shattering, life-changing, 'We-Found-a-Civilization-on-Mars' type of a press conference, but it will probably still be scientifically very interesting.

Well, I do agree it will be interesting the scientific sense. But, I am always a bit skeptical about NASA, and exactly what type of information they will put forward.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

haha,im still laughing . What a load of complete waffle,i havent read anything on here for ages that made so little sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well, I do agree it will be interesting the scientific sense. But, I am always a bit skeptical about NASA, and exactly what type of information they will put forward.

In the past it has always been the old - bait & switch -.
Alien life found!!! ..................oh, it's the tiny microbes on this rock over here.

----------
If they spill the beans about the Greys being here all along then it might stop
Israel from bombing Iran.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

regarding the conference reasonable speculation is that identifiable signatures of microorganisms may have been found within the methane plumes on Mars. will see in a few hours

here is the thread on the conference
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Tiny microbes found on Mars would be HUGE news. It would be among the greatest discoveries in history -- perhaps even the single biggest discovery in history.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Tiny microbes found on Mars would be HUGE news. It would be among the greatest discoveries in history -- perhaps even the single biggest discovery in history.

4 foot tall Grey aliens would shake the world from its current trance.
What? We are NOT alone?
How long have they been here? OMG!
-------
Would wars come to an end if they look up in the sky and see 100 UFOs hovering above??

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Any life on Mars -- even microbes - that can be shown to be independent of life on Earth would indicate that if life developed twice on one solar system, then it may be extremely common throughout the galaxy and universe.

Having said that, I don't believe that's what this news conference is about.

edit on 8/4/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Someone posted something about 100 UFO's in the sky....there was a mile wide one over Phoenix for a substantial amount of time seen by thousands and the government didn't say squat, except for the politician who saw the thing. Maybe the next time the aliens will bomb Iran or at least anal probe the goofy leader of theirs.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

The news developing out of NASA this afternoon made me think of how we would be "gently" brought through an "alien" announcement - and then I remembered your post!

Whether your friend was referring to more to come, or just to the news conference by NASA today, you have found a fellow ATS member who thanks you for your heads-up a few days ago. I know so many of us get tired of reading hundreds of false warnings - but I will give you a well deserved "Thank You!"

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Liquid water on the surface is the big news -

Did NASA find liquid water on the surface of Mars

Images snapped by a NASA satellite point to the possibility of seasonal liquid water on the Red Planet’s surface -- water on Mars, the space agency announced Thursday.

Observations by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera aboard the orbiting Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) have captured recurring features on several steep slopes in Mars’ southern hemisphere, which researchers believe could be evidence of water.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

To speculate some and to keep it in line with this thread, I found this part interesting..... Remeber, small announcement leading to something bigger -

"NASA's Mars Exploration Program keeps bringing us closer to determining whether the Red Planet could harbor life in some form," said NASA Administrator Charles Bolden. "And it reaffirms Mars as an important future destination for human exploration."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 4-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join