It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Disclosure Eminent!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

The single most important discovery in the history of the species and its not important. Thats a new one. [bemused head scratch].

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
micro scopic life doesnt count as life plants mold visible things not things you took picturs of in a lab its like every scientist is holding back and not try to move the world but more ever careful step has to be his so he gets the moeny and the names sake where will the madness stop i hate cavemen we new spacecavemen
edit on 1-8-2011 by obzerver because: a miss telling in the ways

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerver

spacecavemen are smarter but still hit things with bones

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Old news. Apparently it's too expensive to send down cameras to see what this really is. There is a thread on it in the UFO forum.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

"Most important discovery in the history of the species"

What the hell does that mean.? Species? Now we speak for all species?. That's what I am talking about. We are so egotistical as if we have become the house speaker for all species. Seriously dude, when you are told that aliens do exist and the aliens are 2million light years away or are here on earth. What are going to do with that info. You do say its the most important discovery. What are you going to do with it. What??? Just talk about it more??? So all these loons can escalate talk about lizards and grays even more. It contributes nothing except for your personal selfish gains. Which mean nothing to the government.

I hope my logic has helped you.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You dont think humans are the smartest on the planet? You dont think we are superior to the other species on this planet? As for speaking for the species I believe that the poster was referring to humans not all species on the planet. But we could speak for them because hey, we CAN speak. If you have such little regard for yourself as a human fine but please dont speak for the rest of us. We think more highly of ourselves. You dont have a problem with that do you? And as for Govts keeping this all a secret. You think that's ok too? Why?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Although I wouldn't be all that surprised to learn that the NSA has broadened the scope of its activities, the NSA's mandate is Signals Intelligence, i.e.: If it is broadcast (or narrowcast) over the airwaves, through wires, or through the Internet, the NSA attempts to grab it--all of it. They are not supposed to spy domestically, though no one believes they do not. I do know that employees (includes the military and contractors) who are caught doing so get in serious trouble. (You see, I also have a friend who is associated with the NSA and have heard a few stories myself.) But understand that like any large and bureaucratic organization, employees feed off of rumors and anything allegedly "secret."

As an information gathering agency the NSA would not be involved in any policy decisions. It's job is to pass the information it receives on to decision makers in the military, other spy agencies, and the executive. Naturally the NSA has to pick and choose what to send on, but that's the level of decision-making they do. No GS-12 in the NSA is going to be tasked with releasing any information. This means that the NSA is involved only in a peripheral manner, as a conduit of information. In effect they are sergeants in the information dissemination business, not generals.

So this begs the entire question. You have to ask yourself: How and why would any normal person working for the NSA in signals intelligence be in any position to predict disclosure? Did they see a cablegram? Did they read an e-mail? Did they listen in on a cell phone call? Did they see a memo? Did they hear someone higher up than thay are say something?

OK. Let's say for the sake of argument that they did. How do they know it was real? One of the things we know from the past is that spy agencies are interested in tracking the dissemination of information. They have an academic interest in this, but also a practical interest from a security standpoint, i.e.: Will employees leak really good stuff? Will they tell their really good friends from childhood that disclosure is coming?

Please understand that I am not accusing the OP of anything here, but technically it is possible he made this all up, misconstruing the role of the NSA and using it because it's mysterious to disseminate this tale. That's one possibility. A second possibility is that his friend is the one making stuff up and disseminating it to the OP, meaning the OP is 100% innocent. Thirdly, the OPs friend could believe he was telling something real, but is being set up himself, making OP's friend also 100% innocent. Who knows how far back a chain of innocents could go?

Given the role of the NSA, it is highly unlikely that a typical employee knows anything particularly earth-shattering here. If there were something like this in the offing, it wouldn't be coming from the NSA at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Step away from the keyboard, take a run or have a nice cup of tea. You'll strain a blood vessel.

The simple acknowledgment that we are not alone and have been visited would change the way we think about ourselves. Maybe not all at once but it would make a difference.

It would make demonisation of one human group over another and divide and conquer political and religious manipulation harder for one thing.

If aliens visited us it would confirm that FTL is possible engineering. Once we know for sure its possible engineering there would be no stopping us.

You attitude seems to be that 'people in the know must know better' and us little people should shut up and chew our cud. I doubt it. All secrecy ever really enables is corruption and concealment of wrongdoing in the long run.

Get it all out in the open and let people have their own judgement of what our collective priorities should really be.
edit on 1-8-2011 by justwokeup because: point of clarification

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, we'll see in a month, haha!

Not long to wait.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

He was talking about species outside from earth , MRS. SENSATIVE

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So i guess your priority is aliens. Its your life bud. Hope you dont hold your breath.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

meant sensitive

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

People have been saying this for years and alot during the passed few months...there not going to admit to it unless were about to come in contact with something

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Certainly not. :-)

But i do wonder why, if you have no interest in the topic, you are hanging out in a UFO forum proclaiming you're lack of interest? Curious way to spend your time.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

That is the most ignorant comment ever. ATS is not in no way shape or form a UFO forum. ATS is a place where people can debate issues. Any issue... Every morning I go to this site to see if I can learn something new. Nothing wrong with that. But when I see some one starting a thread stating "proof" or "evidence" and the substance is way below par . I become extremely irked ,because the potential for this site is unlimited and people like fanatical religious and alien people literally destroy the DNA of this site. So I ask simple question to show proof and no one can't . They send thinking they have proof: photos ,videos,written eyewitness accounts and even supposed classified military documents which all of that could fabricated. And you people believe it.

There is only one way to prove and I have already discussed it in other threads.

If you don't like me pissing on your fantasy then grow some thick skin.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I made no comment about believing anything. The point the two of us have been debating for a few posts is simply whether or not proof of alien life and or alien visitation would be important. In the post I responded to you argued its not important. I am arguing it would be important.

I remain unconvinced one way or the other as to whether aliens have visited, or even exist. As you correctly state, there is no proof. I am open to the possibility and I think it would have a large positive impact on human society if it was found to be true.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Where will it probably be anounced first??

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

They couldn't get into specifics

omg i love this part

Specifics...hell, "they" barely mustered up VAGUE!
edit on 1-8-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is beyond ridiculous, above retarded and below normal intelligence.

Anyone who tries to act like,"c'mon give the guy a chance", "lets see what happens" or "time will tell, give him till August" is feeding the troll.

I have lurked for 2years and joined recently and as a fresh piece of meat, even I have seen this stuff come and go.

Remove your head from your lower extremities and realize that you are being fed a line of steaming crap.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

Haha! Oh man, I love when these threads get heated for no reason. I'm fresh meat here too, but been lurking for a while. Eh, what's wrong with waiting a month? I know the whole thing sounds vague and weird, but a month is going to pass regardless, and then you can say for sure.

Nice avatar, by the way.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join