It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member with a couple of queries about the site..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
hi, im new here, just joined today. i have been reading stories on the site for some time now, after being introduced by a friend..

whilst looking around this morning i have noticed some members have a banner around their posts saying gold level or silver level. what does this mean? and how do members get this status? do they get privileges?

i understand what the moderators are, but this gold and silver level im not sure of.

also what is topics go into the grey are forum and skunkworks?

sorry if they are basic questions but as i say im new and still trying to figure things out on the site..

thanks in advance.

chloe.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Gold, Silver, Bronze people are ones that have mad it high into a list like this.

The Grey Area is a forum for personal experiences.

Skunk Works is a forum for threads that have no sources, rationality or logic. Also known as highly speculative. Just a hop skip and jump away from the Hoax Bin.
edit on 31-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The gold and silver members are the longest most active members. If I remember correctly they have 15-20 thousand posts.

According to the forum overviews, The Gray Area is for personal stories and Skunk Works is for highly speculative conspiracy topics

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
oops! someone beat me to it...

so what are your favorite forums on ATS?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

whilst looking around this morning i have noticed some members have a banner around their posts saying gold level or silver level. what does this mean?

I could be wrong here, but I believe these are the top 100 members as calculated via the "WATS" ratings. The top 50 members, as shown in this list here, all have "Gold Status". The next 50 all have Silver etc.

Either that or members with a certain WATS rating (such as 50 for example), as opposed to simply being in the top 100 list, are given the Silver banner, I'm not sure. I'm probably wrong anyway, just guessing.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The Gold, Silver, Bronze people....

There are no Bronze members.....but we don't need no stinkin' badges!

The fancy borders and titles are for those who add the most QUANTITY to the site.

Quality can come from anyone.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Thanks for asking a question I had wondered myself but didn't ask through fear of being laughed at!

I'm a relatively new member too.

Oh and have a star, it's shiny

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by boncho
The Gold, Silver, Bronze people....

There are no Bronze members.....but we don't need no stinkin' badges!

The fancy borders and titles are for those who add the most QUANTITY to the site.

Quality can come from anyone.

What happened to the Bronze age?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
thanks everyone for your replies, i get it now.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
welcome to ats the place the world ends adleast once a week...

top topics

join