It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Fakshon
We the People of the United States of America Demand…
1. That a body be created consisting of the top financial, business, and accounting minds of the U.S. to not only balance the budget but to reduce the expenditures of our government thus making our income higher than our expenses which will create a surplus of income that can be directed at our debt. The findings of this body must be transparent and freely available to the American public. The project must be on a larger scale than the Manhattan project and should create measures in which the government will never again approach or reach over bounds a debt crisis such as this.
2. That the body must find a way to solve this crisis fairly for all Americans. Each and every one of us is responsible as Americans for this country and should be equally responsible for the solution to this debt crisis.
3. That the executive branch (President, the cabinet, the house of representatives, and the senate) of our government stop acting like children and work together to bring together this nation and end this debt crisis.
4. That if for some reason this debt crisis is unsolved and the possibility of Americans not receiving their benefits that were paid for by the people are not to be sent out, that each and every member of the Executive branch of our government not receive a paycheck or payment in any way, shape or contributions towards individuals until the debt crisis is solved and corrected.
5. That the goal of the United States government should be aimed at support of American business and the American people and not at the support of foreign nations or foreign businesses.
6. That the government should in a unanimous voice push for and openly speak to the American people to “BUY AMERICAN” may it be products, services, or anything American.
7. That the government shall promote American businesses and not the sending of American jobs to other countries.
8. That a reinforcement of American Education be put on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
9. That the education system contains a full program dedicated to education on money, accounting, investment, and financial independence.
10. That our personal freedoms and rights given to us under the United States Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights never be violated, abused, questioned, finagled, or loop holed.
11. That by the power invested in us the Citizens of the United States of America by the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights if these demands are not met we the Citizens have the rights of these documents to replace each and every one of you with fellow citizens that will accomplish what is right and just for the American people.
Our goal here isn’t treacherous or in opposition of the United States of America we only tire of the idiotic, childish, partisan politics that you are playing. This is not a game; this is a nation of people. Instead of sitting in your office upset and hurt because you didn’t win the argument take a walk outside and look in to the faces of the people you see on the street. You are playing with their lives and it is time to stop and grow up or the American people will have to take the power back in to their hands and fix the situation for themselves.
Originally posted by Pervius
The people of the United States can't demand SQUAT.
America is a REPUBLIC. Not a Democracy.
The Atlantic and Pacific Naval Fleets of RUSSIA filled up American ports and helped the Union defeat the Confederacy. That's when Democracy ended.
Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Fakshon
And if anyone in power read your letter they would surely roll around the floor laughing..
You're assuming they actually care what we think..
Words have failed for years, protests are useless..
Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
The top financial, business, and accounting "minds" in this country are part of the cause of the problem.
Originally posted by spyder550
Thank god it is not a democracy -- majority rule sucks -- we are a republic ruled by laws and that is the way it should be and the way it will remain -- I will die for that belief.