It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings. I've just joined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Greetings. I found this forum with a search website. It certainly covers many topics that I have an interest in. (I also have an interest in topics like Astrology, Atlantis, UFOs, Science Fiction, etc.) It's also good that they're all consolidated into one forum - instead of scattered over many various forums.
I see one of the rules is not starting a new thread until having 20 suitable posts. That's fine with me. Yet this is starting a new thread. Unless the introduction is the exception.
I stay in Cape Town, South Africa. I was originally in Port Elizabeth, and then Johannesburg. I intend relocating to Seattle, USA.
I may not contribute much here, as I'm a busy person. For instance, I have over 300 books that I still want to read. And that's since the 1970s. And, time flies by so much.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! ♥
Looking forward to your contributions!

haha OL I beat you

edit on 31-7-2011 by Forevever because: neener

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1011

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Another South African!!!!

Welcome!, hope you enjoy the site.

vvv

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

glad you joined ! i have just joined also and share many of the same things you find interesting there is alot of great stuff on this site with good points of view.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Where the news has not been filtered, and the flames will keep you laughing

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Hello and welcome. Your last statement about the books made me laugh. I'm just the same way. I keep books to read them then never get to them, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them!

Anyway, hope you enjoy it here on ATS. I like that all this stuff is on one forum too.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Welcome from another book lover! Hubby & I have books shoved in every nook & cranny. Hope to see you around!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
HELLO THERE!! I think most of the people on this site are book worms. Why do you want to move to Seattle? Just curious since I live in Washington. Look forward to seeing what you haave to say.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In response to the above - Oh various reasons. For instance, I've always wanted to relocate to the USA. I visited Seattle in 2005. It e.g. has nice scenery, being surrounded by water, and so on (much like Cape Town). It has good public transport. It is said to now be the most liberal city in the USA. I know some people there. It doesn't usually have a hot climate. It's close to Canada, and it's said that Canada is a nice place and people. (I was also in Victoria & Vancouver.) And, Seattle is at, or near, the coast. (I wouldn't want to stay inland.)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Greetings, fellow Capetonian!

Good luck in finding the time to read those books once ATS has a hold of you.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Hi Aquarius1011, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hello, welcome to ATS. There are many forums and topics that you will find your place in. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome messages here.
I see there're a few (or some) writers here. Good luck with yours. That is actually what my greatest ambition has been. but, I've just never got around to really doing that. For instance, having many interests, and regularly moving from one to the other, and such like.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can often have different viewpoints to many other people. And, can often bring in different aspects of a topic - like with lateral thinking.

new topics

top topics

join