It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Say New Pill Improves Memory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Researchers say a drug already approved by U.S. regulators to treat high blood pressure may also help to reverse age-related memory declines.

The drug is called guanfacine and clinical trials are underway at Yale University in Connecticut to confirm its beneficial effect in enhancing so-called working memory in older adults.

Yale neurobiologist Amy Arnsten says working memory is the building block of all higher cognitive functions, underlying things like abstract thought and executive functions including multitasking - juggling several activities at once. Arnsten says working memory starts to decline in a person’s 40's.

Source: www.voanews.com...

Why should guanfacine be a substitute for fish oil and mind games like find-a-word?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
i could do with a couple of those bad boys..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
...approved by U.S. regulators...

No thanks, I'll stick to natural and organic treatments before I try anything approved by these scumbags.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You know, that sticky green plant has been shown to improve and even help repair the myalin sheath on the neauron which significantly decreases memory loss due to alseimers and aging. It's also much cheaper than anything a pharma corp can provide. It grows out of the ground and needs no processing to get the same effects. Why do people not learn these things, oh yea, pharma corps don't want to have competition in stealing your money while also slowly killing you to make you even more dependent on them.
edit on 31-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
U.S. regulators - globalist regulators promoting products of death - are in charge of FDA and CDC, et al. Big Pharma is lying in bed with them like a horny husband and wife couple.

edit on 31/7/2011 by ironfalcon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Why should guanfacine be a substitute for fish oil and mind games like find-a-word?

Because they can make more money out of the pill? Unfortunate but thats the way it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So what would you girls suggest one of you will avoid anything that has any certification and the other couple of you offer empty platitudes -- you know none of these obstacles to your life exist in Somalia -- I suggest that you are hypocrites for remaining in this country.

This drug is also approved by the Canadian government -- is that good or bad

Yes the FDA is a pain in the ass but the alternative is no regulation at all -- I know that that appeals to the randists but she was an idiot.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The pills sound great, problem is remembering where you have put them

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Soon we will be seeing the ads on TV for this pill, along with a 10 minute list of side effects. Ask your doctor, etc. However, continue to preach the "just say NO to drugs" campaign to your children. What a bunch of hypocrits we adults are!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I need some of these!!

Although I'm only 24 so my awful memory isn't age related... I have a sneaky feeling it may be cannabis related.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join