It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUN article on 32 y.o. lady who wakes up convinced she's 15

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think that it is interesting how the mind can do that. It is possible that in great stress, the mind will take you to an earlier time or an easier time.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I beleive it can happen. There are all sorts of crazy Amnesia's out there, and there are some strange ways brains can and do malfunction with evidence. One of these is waking up speaking with a foreign accent. There's quite a few accounts of that. Check it out:
Google Search
The Brain is a mystery that we still have long before solving.
edit on 31-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling & add

edit on 31-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by modeselektor

what a bizzar story, wonder what she thinks when she looks in the mirror. If i saw myself now at the age of 15 i would freak out.

For some rason this story reminded me of the accent posts here.

Woman wakes up with Jamaican accent. Is it a walk in? and girl cured of seeing upside down

Severe Migraine Leaves English Woman with Chinese Accent

Croatian teenager wakes from coma speaking fluent German

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I must have amnesy as well. I just don't remember the tallest man in the world being a story let alone a major news story. He's the tallest at 7 foot, 9"? I swear I've seen basketball players just about as tall.

I do wonder if this story is true. It could be worse. I remember one morning I thought I woke up but the sky and light all around seemed to be glowing red. There were weird purple or slightly iridescent or glowing plants in the distance. I saw some creatures eating the plants that I've never seen before. Something made me think I wasn't on Earth anymore. After exploring a little bit I got back into bed hoping things were normal the next time I woke up. They were. Another weird dream I thought. I've dreamed I was already awake while still asleep but it was always in familiar surroundings before. The mind can play weird tricks.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thanks for the links, I remember the jamaican story. I think that all of these things are fairly easy to fake, but as stated before, I also think that it's hard to fool professionals. And if you could, why fake these types of things?

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I must have amnesy as well. I just don't remember the tallest man in the world being a story let alone a major news story. He's the tallest at 7 foot, 9"? I swear I've seen basketball players just about as tall.

I do wonder if this story is true. It could be worse. I remember one morning I thought I woke up but the sky and light all around seemed to be glowing red. There were weird purple or slightly iridescent or glowing plants in the distance. I saw some creatures eating the plants that I've never seen before. Something made me think I wasn't on Earth anymore. After exploring a little bit I got back into bed hoping things were normal the next time I woke up. They were. Another weird dream I thought. I've dreamed I was already awake while still asleep but it was always in familiar surroundings before. The mind can play weird tricks.

You should write sci-fi novels
Cool dream.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join