It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUN article on 32 y.o. lady who wakes up convinced she's 15

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hey, I searched the article here, and couldn't find it.

Check it out: www.thesun.co.uk...

"The last thing I remember was falling asleep in my lower bunk bed, dreaming about a boy in my class.

When I woke up, this little boy appeared and started calling me 'Mum"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
oh no... not the sun..

i would take anything printed in that with a pinch of salt..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I gotta LOL at this, I'm sorry

She told yesterday how she SCREAMED when an unknown little boy appeared - and called her "Mum".

LOL I know little boys are a staple of my nightmares, super scary!!!!

interesting read though OP

even if thesun isn't the best source ♥
edit on 31-7-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

reply to post by Forevever

Yea, I know about the sun. But this happened in 2008, and she is telling her story now. So maybe the Sun was the only paper sensational enough, to bother writing about it.

After 3 years, she regained most of her memories.

I just thought that the interesting part here, was weather or not it was mental, or something related to one of the many mysteries topics that we discuss here on ATS

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by modeselektor

It says she remembered to drive because it's some thing she did regularly, but she cant remember her son? Who she is with regularly?!? Same as phones and emails, how can she forget to use those, but still remember to drive?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I wouldn't even doubt that something like this has happened. The brain is tricky machinery

I enjoyed the read ♥

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
What movie are we talkin about, ( honestly if its in the sun it was printed for fun)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Sensationalised, or course, even if true.

"And the first time I saw Leo play on his Xbox and interact with the TV, I was so shocked I spat out my tea."

So are we to believe that in 1992 when she was 15, she'd never heard of, or seen any of the multitudes of video game consoles that had been around for many years before?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

It says she remembered to drive because it's some thing she did regularly, but she cant remember her son? Who she is with regularly?!? Same as phones and emails, how can she forget to use those, but still remember to drive?

Maybe she tried to handle a car in 92, or were familiar with cars, so that worked out. But because she wasn't familiar with her son, or computing as the general population had it back then, then that was blocked, or not understood by her brain.

Of course you can fool psychiatrists and such, but I do believe it's hard. Depending of course on how serious they take their job, and how skillful they are. And I assume she didn't diagnose herself.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

"And the first time I saw Leo play on his Xbox and interact with the TV, I was so shocked I spat out my tea."

So are we to believe that in 1992 when she was 15, she'd never heard of, or seen any of the multitudes of video game consoles that had been around for many years before?

I am pretty sure, that if you were shown an xbox in 92, you would spit out your tea also. I was amazed going from nes to snes, and my jaw dropped when I tried a playstation.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

What are you getting at?

Are you saying she is lying?

You should just man up and say so. There is no need to be so passive-aggressive.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
What are you getting at?
Are you saying she is lying?

No, what I'm suggesting is that the story (or most of it) is probably true, but the tabloid journalists couldnt help themselves by sensationalising it anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by modeselektor

I am pretty sure, that if you were shown an xbox in 92, you would spit out your tea also. I was amazed going from nes to snes, and my jaw dropped when I tried a playstation.

You should try out a playstation 3 if you haven't yet. Compared to the first playstation, its, well, incomparable.

Probably isn't a true story but if it was, could her husband and her (with her teenage mindset) having relations be considered statutory rape. Hah Jk. Was she a stay at home mom who cooked, I wonder how the meals were up until the point she remembered how to cook properly. Well, I guess her memory loss could have been worse if she woke up as a toddler or an infant.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

very good point... im sure playstations were around then, or at least the megadrive would have been..

and she spat out her tea..
typical of the sun.. its why i dont buy to much into their rubbish.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You should try out a playstation 3 if you haven't yet. Compared to the first playstation, its, well, incomparable.

Probably isn't a true story but if it was, could her husband and her (with her teenage mindset) having relations be considered statutory rape. Hah Jk. Was she a stay at home mom who cooked, I wonder how the meals were up until the point she remembered how to cook properly. Well, I guess her memory loss could have been worse if she woke up as a toddler or an infant.

Funny point, about the food. And yea, shame she didn't have her memory thing now, so that she could gaze upon the wondrous world of next gen gaming
Then she would probably have fainted.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious

very good point... im sure playstations were around then, or at least the megadrive would have been..

and she spat out her tea..
typical of the sun.. its why i dont buy to much into their rubbish.

He he, you can't be a day over 25, you are from japan, or you have a bad memory.
edit on 31-7-2011 by modeselektor because: Quoting error fixed.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

wow.. your good.. it was my 25th birthday yetserday, so i am actually one day over 25..

now the question is.. are you gonna use your powers for good or evil...mmmm...

back on topic, you never know with the people in this country, she could have developed this elaborate story to claim benifits, the sun could have caught on after 3 years and she had to continue with it..

just saying because so many things with this story dont add up..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

He he, really? Well I guess I will make a sign offering to guess peoples weight and age, for 10 bucks if I'm right, free if I'm wrong.

Again, I have to rely on the professionalism of the people who diagnosed her. Recently a mystery man turned up in Copenhagen, and he didn't speak, so they observed him for some time, and concluded from his reactions, that he was faking it. Then a short time after they expressed to the media that he was faking it, his romanian sister contacted the danish authorities, and said they had been looking for him.

I think everything is possible, of course also the probability that she has been faking the whole thing, and slowly regaining her memories as her husband grew tired of eating mash potatoes made from powder, or whatever a 15 year old english girl cooks

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind was that she has a disassociative identity disorder.
It's very interesting. My Mother forgot she had kids after a surgery for a day once, but she had DID.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I don't think this part would be sensationalised, the article says "interact with the TV" which implies Microsoft's Kinect for the Xbox 360. People are blown away by that now, let alone someone magically transported (at least mentally) from 1992!

Don't be so quick to judge, you just end up looking a little silly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join