It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure yourself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I believe in mind over matter and I believe that there are those with the ability to heal. I have seen very sick people pull through with nothing more than a positive attitude on their side. I have seen people who were not that sick but became very sick because they were negative.

I don't think it's as easy as how you make it out, but I do think it's possible.

If you've ever known anyone who claims to be a "healer", they can't tell you how they do it, they just do it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Yes,

I would tell that to a victim of cancer. Victims of cancer have hatred and resentment .

So get rid of that.

I hate to make this my first post as i was waiting for something profound and spontaneous ('
')and i don't normally jump on the band wagon as everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that comment is ridiculous. My mother was diagnosed with Myeloma a few months back, which is a cancer of the bone marrow. You can't tar everyone with the same brush. I think you'll find alot of cancer patients find a new lease of life. I've known alot of sick people (hence the name 'medi') in my carer. Your post is a complete waste of space with no proof or logic behind it. Anyway rant over.
I'm shifty from the UK....Hello.

edit on 3-8-2011 by ShiftyMedi because: I'm new.

edit on 3-8-2011 by ShiftyMedi because: Still New

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
This is something I know about - but, as usual, I do not have proof - but let us realise that intuitive knowledge is valuable.

The way to cure yourself is -

First - tell your mind that you are well.

Second - tell your mind you are cured.

It is true.
This is well understood amongst martial artists.
Training in combative arts you very often sustain injuries.
This is also one of the things that we use meditation and pressure points for.

But a more westernized example is to...

Simply look at Triathletes and Marathon runners and the strong correlation between health and fitness levels amongst that demographic group of people.

Why ?

It has much to do with the individual's mental attitude and the type of workout.

The long distance workouts flood the brain with natural pain killers called Endorphins creating an uplifting "runner's high" for extended lengths of time , telling yourself and your mind that you are healthy and well over and over again even after they're done working out.

On the contrary

Simply look at the high levels of illness associated with sedentary individuals often leading to depression, over eating, obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Primarily due to a negative mental attitude and poor outlook of themselves and life in general.

This type of lifestyle only reinforces negativity day after day leading to poor health.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join