It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What determines which threads make the New Topics page?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
When ever I post a new thread, I take a pretty careful look at all the forums before deciding where to put my thread. Twice now, I've had the thread show up for a few moments on the New Topics page under live headlines and then disappear.

The most recent thread is posted on Social Issues

Should I post everything under US Political Madness since those threads always seem to be on the New Topics page?
edit on 31-7-2011 by survivalstation because: ready, fire, aim,...ooops

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Actually posting something other than a title is a good start.

Figure that one out and we will move on to step two.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yeah thanks for the tip. I'll remember that the next time I hit [ENTER] by accident.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Step 2: A solid topic supported by evidence minus the sarcasm. You know something that reads as if it was written by an adult and not a child.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Excuse me? Are you being sarcastic or is that your normal tone? If you want to talk down to somebody, I suggest you get yourself a dog. They'll love you just the same, where as I am not so forgiving.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I believe that some forums are " hidden " from the new post feature . However , there is a button you can click to " un-hide " these forums , there by making them visible on the new post page .

Sorry I might be mistaken , are you talking about the " recent post " page ? If not , sorry as that's what I thought you were asking about .
edit on 31-7-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
When ever I post a new thread, I take a pretty careful look at all the forums before deciding where to put my thread. Twice now, I've had the thread show up for a few moments on the New Topics page under live headlines and then disappear.

The most recent thread is posted on Social Issues

Should I post everything under US Political Madness since those threads always seem to be on the New Topics page?
edit on 31-7-2011 by survivalstation because: ready, fire, aim,...ooops

Hi, Just click on the words Show Ribbon bottom right of screen, Then click My Threads.
Regards, rob

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Excuse me? Are you being sarcastic or is that your normal tone? If you want to talk down to somebody, I suggest you get yourself a dog. They'll love you just the same, where as I am not so forgiving.

It's my normal tone and my first response was genuine though your response to it was what you just accused me of. If you didn't want a legitimate response you should not have posed the question.

If someone asks what makes a popular post and I notice there is no content in the thread I will bring that up as a valid point. If you don't have the ability to accept that information I would suggest you stick to just browsing the forums as your ability to take criticism is lacking.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Seriously? That's all you've got? I asked a valid question, I wasn't expecting a wise ass reply especially since this is posted under Board Business.

You may want to re-read my OP, I didn't ask what made a thread popular. I asked what determines which threads are listed on the New Topics page. I didn't ask how to find my thread and I didn't ask for help on how to post a thread.

If you have nothing worthwhile to add, please feel free to stop posting on this thread. Thank you and have a nice day

edit on 31-7-2011 by survivalstation because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Seriously? That's all you've got? I asked a valid question, I wasn't expecting a wise ass reply especially since this is posted under Board Business.

You may want to re-read my OP, I didn't ask what made a thread popular. I asked what determines which threads are listed on the New Topics page. I didn't ask how to find my thread and I didn't ask for help on how to post a thread.

If you have nothing worthwhile to add, please feel free to stop posting on this thread. Thank you and have a nice day

edit on 31-7-2011 by survivalstation because: punctuation

Actually before you edited it and I responded you had nothing for content and if you had read the rules on how to post you will see that is not acceptable thereby making my statement very accurate. It was a perfectly reasonable reply to your question.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

"What determines which threads make the New Topics page?"

New ones...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I question the efficiency of the hottest topic thread, because when the norway shootings were going on the hottest thread topic was something completely irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I question the efficiency of the hottest topic thread, because when the norway shootings were going on the hottest thread topic was something completely irrelevant.

Maybe there was another thread at that moment in time receiving more attention ?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
@survivalstation

What determines which threads make the New Topics page?

Well, how large was your (cough) 'sacrifice' to the ATS gods??

You gotta show them some love, baby...

edit on 31-7-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Step 2: A solid topic supported by evidence minus the sarcasm. You know something that reads as if it was written by an adult and not a child

"Excuse me? Are you being sarcastic or is that your normal tone? If you want to talk down to somebody, I suggest you get yourself a dog. They'll love you just the same, where as I am not so forgiving"

looooool thanks for the laugh guys made my day =) Sometimes thers some funny shaite talk

as for the op ...

hmm ... i dunno how the new topics thing works i assume .. it depends on time of day ... how many topics are being spun around ..

but hey if you thread is worth a flag then it gets moved to the more applicable seciton for more views ....

but thats of course its its flag worthy threads =o

top topics

join