It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Ceiling is BullFECES!!! politics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I Figured I would take a minute and write a few words about the supposed financial armageddon that is headed our way.

I think it's pretty funny that most Americans are running around with their "sky is falling" panic pandemic pants on. And I felt that it was a good opportunity to tell people to put your umbrella's away because it was an acorn that is hitting us on the head.

Does anyone realize that we have been raising the debt ceiling for a very long time. And for some reason this particular time is different from the the others. Why?

Well I'm gonna tell ya. We Americans are starting to realize that government spending is not only out of control but it has been mishandled, abused and stolen from the American people. Yes that would be you. But this is business as usual. I'm here to tell you that no matter what congress does, whether they raise the debt ceiling or not nothing is going to change. Did you hear me!!! Nothing is going to change.

If we default on our (The governments) debt, we will pay more taxes. The dollar will lose it's value, stock market will crash, our credit rating will fall to a new low.

If we don't default and raise the debt ceiling. we will pay more taxes, the dollar will lose it's value, stock market will crash and our credit rating will fall to a new low.

Wanna know what the big difference is between raising the debt ceiling and not raising the debt ceiling.

Raise the debt ceiling.
Well we all get a social security check, military gets paid. And the Gov will stop Fear Mongering because Obama now has his money to wage more war.

Don't raise the debt ceiling.
We don't get social security checks, the military still gets paid. (they are the number one priority) and the Fear Mongering will continue. Did I mention that the American people (if they haven't already) will realize that the money that we have put into Social Security and Medicare is no longer there. And that our wonderful GOV has already dipped their paws in the honey pot. There will be blood in the streets. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

In my opinion, whether they do or they don't raise the debt ceiling we are still going to have the same out come.

Unemployment numbers are no going to change, because the Gov continues to fund corporations that care about corporations. Not Companies that care about people.

Healthcare is not going to change we will still pay more health insurance premiums that cost most Americans more than their paychecks alone.

The Gov will continue to fund "Humanitarian Missions" over seas while we have a homelessness and hunger problem right here in America.

Gas will continue to rise, which will cause food to rise which will make it hard to even eat in the country if you don't have a good job.

Taxes will continue to climb as well as tolls, vehicle costs, court costs and any other government ran fee's.

This is all political posturing and nothing more.

This is an ongoing circle that has been building up for a long time. And I'm telling everyone. Debt ceiling yes, Debt ceiling no. It's all gonna end badly either way. One will get us there faster than the other.

So pull up your bootstraps, and hang on to your wallets America we're in for a bumpy ride.
edit on 7/31/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed Profanity In Title

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

Tell us something we don't already know...

Who the hell cares we Americans have been living a dream for far to long. Its about time we open our eyes to the "real" world.

Really though it doesn't make sense to just let America fall, why not just wage war on every living thing on this earth like we always do to survive?

I really do think their gonna reduce us with genocide, then after the dust settles the elite will step in with new currency and laws, along with a chip with all your information. Sound familiar?
edit on 31-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

Just tired of seeing people run around like this is something new. And should we try and save our country Yup. But when. Who is going to send off the first shot. That will allow all of us to unite as we are supposed too

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Not worried of the debit ceiling but the credit rating decrease that's guarantee to happen just as this fail of a debit ceiling is raised. Then the hell that will follow as all other countries start to run away from us. The plan they have at this moment "Will Not Fix Anything" Just more crap that will F us all at the end.

Already flaws are seen

2.8 T reduction = LOL that's crap

and most of it will be fake = only 800 B cut which = Downgrade after downgrade until we are F

This is what might happen no this is what will happen

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
time to wake up from the american dream and see american reality, time to take back what has been taken from you, time to stop letting hollywood and television manipulate you, time to make a stand

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The only people running around worried are the Politicians, Washington insiders and Media pundits.
The question is why are they leading everyone to make it a crisis.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This battle has been waged to force Obama into unilaterally raising the debt ceiling by invoking the 14th Amendment. The Teabaggers - in their world of fantasy - believe that if they can do this, then they'll have legal grounds to bring articles of impeachment against him from the GOP-led House. Then, the Rightwing echo machine can start the drumbeat for impeachment and beat it relentlessly throughout the 2012 election cycle to strip out Independent support for Obama's re-election.

This is why Mitch McConnell made the suggestion that they should vote to give Obama the legal authority to invoke it. He knew that no one would actually present the bill, but it established a legal opinion that the president does not have the legal authority (unless granted by the Congress via a bill) to raise it himself, regardless of the 14th Amendment's obvious implication.

This is sh*tty political gamesmanship, and the worst kind of disregard for our nation as a whole. The debt ceiling is related to bills that we already owe, and commitments that Congress has already made on our behalf. The Congress is the body that spent this money already. The GOP-led Congress (both houses) spent this money on two wars (off the books until Obama put them on the books) that are still costing us billions per week, a Medicare drug benefit that was also off the books (until Obama straightened out the federal debt accounting and put it on the books) that is still costing us hundreds of billions, and on enormous subsidies to corporate welfare recipients like Exxon and United Health Corp, which we're still paying for. Defaulting on this debt isn't going to happen, and the GOP House knows it. Obama will have to invoke the 14 Amendment, because if he doesn't, then he's really legally vulnerable to an impeachment charge over negligence and dereliction of duty. The Executive Branch's primary duty is protection of the nation, and defaulting on the national debt is an act that is extremely destructive to the health and welfare of this nation as a global entity.

Too bad we can't bring conspiracy/treason charges against the people who've been threatening our financial health with all the deliberate damage they, and their corporate bosses, have inflicted upon our Treasury since the 9/11 attacks and the resulting corporate feeding frenzy. If they didn't own the media, the average American's perception of the last 10 years would be very different, and charges would've already been demanded. This bizarre impeachment maneuver will probably be embraced by the media in the same sicko lockstep manner as all the other GOP initiated maneuvers have been since the corporate marketers found out how much they can actually get away with in the 2000 presidential election boondoggle. Americans are pretty easy to hoodwink.

Maybe a good shooting civil war is the only real solution to any of this. Then, if the crazy Rightwing does win this war it seems to be dying to fight with us, the rest of the world can simply obliterate the US for good, and this whole sh*tpile can start over again without it. The international corporate elite won't have its bully anymore, and the 6.7 billion other human beings on this planet might just have a fighting chance at peace and freedom.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Well put sir, Well put. And I totally agree!!!

top topics

join