It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They are attacking the police because the police are arresting them.
Plain and simple retalliation in an attempt to intimidate.
These guys are nothing more than common thugs, no different than the mafia attempting to intimidate a judge with the old severed donkey head in the bed routine.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
These guys are nothing more than common thugs, no different than the mafia attempting to intimidate a judge with the old severed donkey head in the bed routine.

If this were an eye for an eye, then it surpassed that.

What this is, is an extortion attempt, they want the arrested anons freed, or they will publish everything.

They've even named some of the anons they want freed.

Much more serious than just a retaliation here... They have really dug in deep in the dung pile here, and they would not have done this for just anyone.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

If this were an eye for an eye, then it surpassed that.

What this is, is an extortion attempt, they want the arrested anons freed, or they will publish everything.

They've even named some of the anons they want freed.

Much more serious than just a retaliation here... They have really dug in deep in the dung pile here, and they would not have done this for just anyone.

Cool, that means they caught some kingpins because they're stated policy is to let the sheeple rot.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
neither side is going to give in & the more hackers the police & feds arrest the more people will flood to Anon & Lulz etc.

the western governments have now realized how dangerous a free internet is & are trying to censor it & these groups are trying to keep it free, where it will end though is anyone's guess.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
neither side is going to give in & the more hackers the police & feds arrest the more people will flood to Anon & Lulz etc.

the western governments have now realized how dangerous a free internet is & are trying to censor it & these groups are trying to keep it free, where it will end though is anyone's guess.

No, they have made more enemies in all their endevours than followers. When the new potential recruits realize there is a good chance to go to jail instead of believing the fallacy that their collective will protect them, it will slowly die off.
Fallacy #2 they are not doing anything to promote free internet, they are destroying all of our freedoms in their actions.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Dude you have no idea what your talking about AntiSec is Anonymous plus LolSec together for..... WOW YOU FREAKING GUESSED IT.... ANTISEC

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"The Department of Defense in 1995 experienced as many as 250,000 hacker attacks, says the General Accounting Office, the investigative arm of Congress. That's an average of 685 attacks a day, more than 28 attacks an hour around the clock." quoted from St. Petersburg Times.

Huh, maybe things aren't as bad as they sound these days...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
IMO, it's the cops that have screwed folks over with horrid security and lies.
Anonymous means anonymous- did they lie?

Actually anonymous means -

a·non·y·mous
   [uh-non-uh-muhs] Show IPA

–adjective
1. without any name acknowledged, as that of author, contributor, or the like: an anonymous letter to the editor; an anonymous donation.

2. of unknown name; whose name is withheld: an anonymous author.

3. lacking individuality, unique character, or distinction: an endless row of drab, anonymous houses.

So the cops keep secrets and lies, while anonymous does what? Hold a press conference wearing ski masks delivering their manifesto?

The other term your looking for is hypocrisy.

What you and others fail to understand is when Law Enforcement does an investigation, its NOT a matter of Public Record until it has completely wound its way through the courts (local, state, federal). The reason this is done is to ensure their are no 3rd parties / participating parties misconduct (hence my list of charges in my other post).

Its no different than attacking the banking infrastructure and destroying those servers. Does it hurt the banks?

No it does not. It does however hurt the people who have money in those banks.

If you are going to attack an entity you think is corrupt, what makes you and anonymous so sure its not going to have adverse reactions to the people they are supposedly trying to protect from government / corruption?

Why is it you guys hate it when police stereotype / make blanket assumptions about people they deal with, yet you are prefectly ok with it when its done to the police (again see that word hypocrisy).

When a cop, informant, source, suspect or victim die because of their little stunt, who is to be held responsible for it? Thats right, its going to be anonymous.

How do you think anonymous is going to react when a private individual they just screwed over presses charges against them?

Will the people become targeted at that point?

These snot nosed brats have absolutely no idea that their actions have repercussions.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

These snot nosed brats have absolutely no idea that their actions have repercussions.

They're not all snotty nosed kids, dangerous assumption, and they are learning that their actions have real repercussions, though it is too often the hard way... They're likely going to learn even more the hard way very soon.

They've really F'd it up this time, didn't they my dear.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Seems to be a pretty distinct line in the sand on this thread.

My only question would be;

If these snitches made their tips on an ANONYMOUS tip line, what possible information could be released??

Unless of course, the police agencys have lied to us again, and an anonymous tip line is not truly anonymous?

Parker

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Snitches by their very nature are treasonous and vile, self serving scum, Participate with the police in crime and your own choice has brought you to the precipice. To shout the truth can never be condemned. But those with evil to hide will espouse otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when I read the OP an hour ago before continuing with the rest of the comments posted, it stated that those who gave anonymous tips to help police had been discovered by Anon with names etc.

Now, did they just mean those who helped get hackers arrested or the other anonymous tips that the general public phone in with to help solve rapes, murders, robberies etc?

Because I have a horrible feeling it's the latter and yet some members here are posting that they're glad these anonymous tips and the people behind it deserve everything they get.

Remember, anonymous tips to police don't just involve crimes such as those perpetrated by hackers in the name of "freedom" nor are they solely used by criminals wanting to get out of the life by ratting out their friends.

A high profile murder in my area was solved and arrests made thanks to the public who phoned in anonymously with information. Never forget that.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You know what? This sounds a little stupid on the face of it...but what if the best way to combat computer crime was simply to go back to a more old-fashioned paper-document-and-filecabinet system for the most sensitive information? It worked for over a hundred years, you know, and is still widespread in much of the world. I'm not saying everything has to be taken off line, but some things, such as personal or classified information. Now, this makes stuff a little less "efficient," but in the long run, it prevents this kind of dangerous nonsense from happening, protecting both privacy and public order?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z
Let's say there is an offensive (to a group of protesters) marketing sign on a building, and a group of protesters come and stand in front of the sign, hence blocking it from public view, and making the intent of the sign-advertising, "ineffective," and it results in loss of revenue for the owner who posts the sign.

Should those protesters go to jail for taking part in something resulting in loss of capital gain, while they are exercising their constitutional rights?

Of course not. Nobody should ever go to jail for exercising their rights. I doubt anyone many make the mistake of saying what Anonymous does isn't illegal. Of course it is. In my opinion, it's a matter of a moral imperative to fight back. I doubt it could be effectively argued that something is "wrong" because it has been outlawed by the state.

For people thinking the CIA is behind it...maybe it is, unofficially.
\\

For anyone that knows where Anonymous "hangs out" and how to contact them, you know it doesn't appear that hard to infiltrate. There is most certainly a "gelatinous" (if you will) core of operators. I won't give precise details but there's a common misconception that it's related to 4chan. It's not. Did they spawn Anonymous? Mostly, yes. Is that where you'll find them? No. Well, not most of the time. Anyway, I digress...

I have the feeling that is anyone is involved, it is the USAF Cyber Command. Since their inception, they don't appear to be doing much. A newer MAJCOM takes time to grow into itself and while doing so, they're likely to stay in a strictly learning phase while hammering out what their mission should be. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out they have infiltrated Anonymous somehow but I think it would honestly be more of a "black" training program for them. While they have the obvious responsibility of going after cybercrime, I don't believe for a second that they would push a political agenda (but there are many facets to that argument).

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Anonymous has no structure whatsoever. That makes them quite susceptible to informants.

Honestly, I think this is the straw that will break the camels back. They wont stand for cyber attacks on police departments.
edit on 7-31-2011 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

No, that sounds perfect. Too perfect. I think someone else here noted that the novelty of the internet website has made it so that every office just "lyke omg MUST get one!" It's this stupidity that makes sensitive material available. And it's not so much the websites as it is their internal closed (so they think) databases. More and more the military and government are run like corporations. If my fellow vet revisits this thread, I'm sure he'll tell you all about how military unit invite in these same goons that give feel-good efficiency and "synergy" conferences as you would have found in late-90's corporate America. In following these moron's advice, they try to increase efficiency by adding internal databases and doing away with paper forms.

There's also SIPRNET and NIPRNET which is really a different internet entirely. I wouldn't doubt for a second that information isn't posted to any of the forms of net and hinted at as a "honeypot" in order to spread disinformation. Just my take on the matter.

ETA: The most sensitive documents are in fact only in paper form. Usually classified "Eyes Only" and delivered by courier.
edit on 31-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

www.cyberwarnews.info

The 10GB of private law enforcement data contains:
* The mail spools of police officers from dozens of different PDs
* Usernames, passwords, social security numbers, home addresses and phone
numbers to over 7000 officers
* A list of hundreds of snitches who made “anonymous” crime tips to the police
* Hundreds of internal police academy training files
(visit the link for the full news article)

Aaaand this is why you don't mess with hackers.. especially ones who are for the betterment of society.. If government, police and media didn't lie, they wouldn't be attacked. World has a way of dishing out what is given.. you reap what you sow. You can take out ten hackers, and twenty will step in their place.. Props for standing up to the system!
edit on 31-7-2011 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's okay for the government to have copies of all of our information.

Why is it wrong for their information to be made public?

I don't see a difference, unless government employees have more rights than citizens.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Your personal attacks are not needed. If you had read on to my other posts, you would see that I have all but retracted that statement which requires editing on my part. The association of Anonymous with other groups is dynamic and ever-changing. Don't make the mistake of thinking Anonymous would ever bring a group so close into the fold when they have proven themselves to be nothing more than useful idiots.

The have a certain but very limited skill set Anonymous can put to use but as to the bigger picture, LulzSec just doesn't get it. Like I said, useful idiots.

ETA: Looks like it's too late to edit that. My comment was hasty and ill-informed.
edit on 31-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Now, did they just mean those who helped get hackers arrested or the other anonymous tips that the general public phone in with to help solve rapes, murders, robberies etc?

I did the same question more than one time and everytime the same question got igonored by the anon defense force.
And I have a feeling the excuses will be the same as "the reasons for attacking the gov/police/whatever".
edit on 31/7/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join