It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube

Originally posted by AzureSky
* A list of hundreds of snitches who made “anonymous” crime tips to the police

This item is very telling about the mentality of group. So anonymous crime tips to police is viewed as bad dont matter what the crime...
edit on 31/7/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

The only way you would get an anonymous tip about antisec or anything like that, would be, to attend the irc and chill out and get to know them.

Then call the police..

So i understand that fully, you would want to protect your own wouldn't you?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

Go be a troll somewhere else.

Give it a rest son. You've been here just over a week.

*We don't call people trolls here unless they are actually trolling.

AGREED!! ... but i wasnt gonna be the first to say it lol ... but on topic ... antisec and lulzsec are a better target than the omnipotent anonymous because they have an actual name lol ... these guys need to put a mask on hah

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube

* A list of hundreds of snitches who made “anonymous” crime tips to the police

This item is very telling about the mentality of group. So anonymous crime tips to police is viewed as bad dont matter what the crime...

The only way you would get an anonymous tip about antisec or anything like that, would be, to attend the irc and chill out and get to know them.

Then call the police..

So i understand that fully, you would want to protect your own wouldn't you?

This mean in the report the nature/information that is given by the "snitchers" are written? Did you read them? They all about and only antisec?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

At least there are people trying to change the world for the better.

Anonymous is changing the world into their image, and it does not seem to be having a real affect. After a corporate, military, or government site gets hacked, the only response is heightened security and warrants.

Outside of their hacking annoyances, the world around me hasn't changed by their influences.

Everyone has shrugged off Anonymous' attacks with new security measures and arrest warrants.

I don't think Anonymous is a massive political movement, and its social influence is limited to online hacking.

Annoying? Yes.
Progress? If Antonymous' goal is to get their followers and hackers arrested, I congratulate them on making some serious progress.

*shrugs*

Committing acts of online extortion does not win them fans.

edit on 7/31/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

No offense, but I think that all of you people that are saying groups like Anonymous are going to cause the government to take "cyber-rights" away faster are living in a dream world. They are taking rights away as fast as they get to them. If these groups weren't around to embarrass them, then they would create their own (false-flag as it were).

That is exactly the sort of fear that we are done with, "just fall in line, don't do anything or they'll punish us." Americans have lost their courage. We are free not due to our own courage and sacrifice, but due to the courage and sacrifices of our predecessors. The first step to earning everything that we've been given is to stop being afraid.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Balanced because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2011 by Balanced because: typo

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

At least there are people trying to change the world for the better.

Anonymous is changing the world into their image, and it does not seem to be having a real affect. After a corporate, military, or government site gets hacked, the only response is heightened security and warrants.

Outside of their hacking annoyances, the world around me hasn't changed by their influences.

Everyone they hacked shrugged off the attack with new security measures and arrest warrants.

I don't think Anonymous is a massive political movement, and its social influence is limited to online hacking.

Annoying? Yes.
Progress? No.

*shrugs*

Committing acts of online extortion does not win them fans.

Its social influence is limited to online hacking?

Go read something about what you're talking about and then come back to the conversation.

Its not all about hacking, and the quicker the sheeple learn that, the better.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It seems to me like this would be good.

In the days of old, bread and circuses were used to keep the people happy and stable while their rights were stolen. Today, the internet is the same. If it falls, the people will rebel.

The people in charged are forced to allow it to exist because it prevents revolution, while trying to take rights in a free world. This cannot happen, and it is not stable. Ergo, this is great. Because it forces the leaders to conform to our will, not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Go read something about what you're talking about and then come back to the conversation.

Anonymous is hacking government and corporate sites to entice social change.

Has it happened? Where is this grand social utopia caused by being annoyed?

Has society changed in how we view extortion? Did I miss something?

*shrugs*

Anonymous' greatest achievements include (1) the evolution of heightened online security, and (2) being arrested by the world's governments.

Where are these angels you speak of?

Where is this grand utopian society created by online hacking?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
With the bust of Anon I was hoping that someone would take the flame and continue running! This makes me happy as I hope the government starts to feel vulnerable!

The people need to know how corrupt our leaders are!

Expect us!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Anonymous is hacking government and corporate sites to entice social changes.

Has it happened? Where is this grand social utopia caused by being annoyed?

Has society changed in how we view extortion? Did I miss something?

*shrugs*

Anonymous' greatest achievements include (1) the evolution of heightened online security, and (2) being arrested by the world's governments.

Where are these angels you speak of?

AntiSec and LulzSec are hacking government websites, they do have a name
They are Anonymous, but a lot of other legal groups also are under the umbrella Anonymous.

Once again, look at all sides of the movement before judging the majority on a few.

60,000 Members and counting.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Eventually people will applaud the changes, accept them as necessary for safety and security online, in both the public communities and in the online business community... It isn't going to happen all at once, but it will, and eventually it will be accepted, people will comply... An online cyber-world completely free of anonymity, viruses, malware, spyware, and illegal content... Anonymity now is an illusion, but having to display your identity and location with online access and every click thereafter will make cyber-crime virtually impossible.

It will happen, there will be very little resistance, and the global hacker communities will ultimately (like it or not) be given credit for helping to bring about these changes, laws, regulations and restrictions.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

They are Anonymous, but a lot of other legal groups also are under the umbrella Anonymous.

Once again, look at all sides of the movement before judging the majority on a few.

You are not looking at the bigger picture.

Outside of getting arrested and helping corporations find security problems, what have they done to change the world around me? Did they influence the creation of new online policies, so that public domain would be safe from government intervention? Did they help the government cut spending, reduce taxes, and ban lobbyists?

Did they solve world hunger?
Did they find the cure for cancer?

Did they help the middle-east in peace negotiations?
Did they get people to pay for their delinquent mortgages?

Is Elvis still alive?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Can you name one example in history of such a thing being successful? I can't.

Let the old way burn, this is the spark for the fire.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I ALMOST understand there point.....sort of maybe?

In truth, I think anon and antisec are actually govt agencies forwarding a dialectic.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Can you name one example in history of such a thing being successful? I can't.

NO!.. Because NOTHING in history existed that could possibly compare to this.

Let the old way burn, this is the spark for the fire.

You'd only be attempting to reignite a centuries old candle that long ago burnt and melted through to the end.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You are not looking at the bigger picture.

Outside of getting arrested and helping corporations find security problems, what have they done to change the world around me? Did they influence the creation of new online policies, so that public domain would be safe from government intervention? Did they help the government cut spending, reduce taxes, and ban lobbyists?

Did they solve world hunger?
Did they find the cure for cancer?

Did they help the middle-east in peace negotiations?
Did they get people to pay for their delinquent mortgages?

Is Elvis still alive?

You expect change overnight. But change does not happen as such.

We shall see what happens next i suppose, there's no telling. But let them do what they want and just sit tight and watch the fireworks. There will be some bombshells to be released, they're only poking at the border right now, or from what i understand.

We'll see i suppose.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

"Above Top Secret" has a million members and counting.

*shrugs*

What is the big deal? Unless all 60,000 members are doing something constructive, they are only cheerleaders trying to keep everyone excited and involved.

United States population consists of 311,886,573+ people.
World Population consists of 6,952,534,479+ people.

We are really influencing them now.

We shall see what happens next i suppose, there's no telling. But let them do what they want and just sit tight and watch the fireworks. There will be some bombshells to be released, they're only poking at the border right now, or from what i understand.

If Anonymous is committing extortion, I don't think the government should sit still.

Why anyone would trust a hacker group with sensitive information is beyond my comprehension.

You might as well give a killer the tools to kill.

Its insane logic.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Azury,

You didn't comment about my previous point about the "snitcher" list published being only about AntiSec/Anon or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Give him a chance to respond.

I am glad that he is keeping this conversation on the level.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join