It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
my friends and I were talking about anonymous the other night and my theory was alot of those anon kids were bullied at school and so theyre taking it out on others over the inet. Today i saw this story about topiarys arrest www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nikki Finnie, 17, who went to school with Davis (topiary), said he was so badly bullied that he left and retreated into a computer fantasy world.

damn i'm good!

An autistic kid... most likely with Aspergers is now arrested and being hired by the government. Major win on anonymous' part!

Actually that story was mixed up. The police officers that arrested the kid said that they were picked on as children, and then retreated to a life of harassing others.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by zeeon

Keep believing all of that, eventually you will see how wrong you are.

There is no encryption methods that the US intelligence community can't decrypt, virtually all of these methods were designed by them, and released into the private sector.

As far as controlling the internet in the USA, some basic infrastructure changes would be made, from there compliance would be a matter of law for ALL providers, easily enforceable with heavy fines and serious jail time.

You want on the main internet, you'll have to get on through a system of identification and authentication, you will not do anything while connected to the net without your identity and exact location being with you, you will have to be licensed to create content, websites, blogs, etc.

It's just a matter of time, and anonymous is helping that process along.

I don't like to throw around labels very often, but this is straight up fear mongering. This same type of thinking is what caused the Hacker Crackdown in late 80's and 90's. Harmless phreaks who were simply exploring the Phone systems and BBS of the time were straight up villianized by misinformed and ignorant Telco consultants and the general populace and Media. Then the Great New York Phone Crash happened. Misconfigured telco equipment cut service to almost half the eastern seaboard. And who got blamed? Phreaks and Hackers.

"They can take down the entire system"
"These hackers and phreaks are a real danger"
"What will we do if they take down the 9/11 system?"

Then the FBI and Secret Service launched several anti-hacker operations and seized 1000's of pieces of BBS's - equipment - floppy disks - and information.

Whats my corolation here? You Sir, like the former populace before you, do not have sufficient understanding of technology and thus you believe it can be stripped away from you. Do you know what the EFF is? This core foundation (Electronic Frontier Foundation) was formed to protect the very topic we're discussing. This stemmed from government crackdowns and violations of the 80's and 90's.

That is why I'm saying this is a moot point. The Government has already tried and failed at taking away and controlling "Cyberspace". The emerging technologies are so advanced that I believe the government has a hard time even keeping up with it. Obviously, AntiSec and their associates have proven my point beyond a shadow of a doubt. There is nothing to fear here.

Also, it is mathematical FACT that AES 256 bit encryption is nearly uncrackable today.

Thus, an attack against a 256-bit-key AES requiring 2^200 operations (compared to 2^256 possible keys) would be considered a break, even though 2^200 operations would still take far longer than the age of the universe to complete.

Source

And even if they (NSA, TPTB) did manage to crack it, the information would probably be so OLD, and so USELESS to also be a moot point.

My ultimate point being is that we, as a society, have already recognized how important Free Speech, the Internet and the flow of information is. Arguing about how AntiSec and their associates are going to cause the Government to implement a "Internet" killswitch is just ludacris at this point.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
The revolution will happen with or without them.

I agree with all that you say, except for this.

The fact is that the masses are the 'body' of humanity. As the majority of the population, they matter the most to those who seek power or change. For instance, TPTB control the masses through subversion because in this capitalist world, it is the masses that are the mode of production in the economic 'colonies', as well as the consumer base in the empires themselves.

Influencing the masses SHOULD be the objective of the revolution. Cutting the strings that control the masses means that we cut off 'body' from the 'brain' (TPTB, as it seems). The 'brain' seems to be disconnected from the 'body' anyways, much like how a heroin junkie doesn't care about the deterioration of their body as long as it is capable of providing the chemical fix for the brain.

I see the resistance/revolutionary movement as being the 'heart' of the body, because really, we are also disconnected from the top just like the sheeple. Yet unlike the sheeple, we are responsible for maintaining the life of our species through our universal moral stance. If I can say so, it is the revolutionaries who provide to all people a true sense of empathy for other humans; it is those radical enough to stand up to oppressive power that give us a sense of meaning, at times when meaning is perversed (religion and manufactured culture as ideology).

I believe that when the true global revolution phase comes about, it will involve the natural aristocracy of humans, differentiating society AFTER there is a universal recognition of reality and false ideology that has been introjected into our heads. I believe that the heroes of this revolution will not be anonymous; in fact, I believe that they will embrace their own individuality and others will follow, forming a global community of like-minded individuals (which is a whole new social paradigm that transcends nationalism and crushes corporate globalization).

I see the current Anonymous collective as being instrumental in bringing about this global change. This is simply because cyberspace is frontier where liberty is for all. If cyberspace can remain in the hands of no one, then it will become a key instrument in the global revolution that will hopefully end class war once and for all.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkeligos

wow how many of these kids have aspergers. First Ryan Cleary diagnosed shortly after arrest now topiary . Is this the standard defense hackers employ since gary mckinnon? The cynics among us might think thats a ploy to avoid extradition to the USA.

if you call getting charged with 5 offences "hired" i'd hate to see what they do with the ones they don't like

edit on 1-8-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I cannot say for a fact who is behind what and all that jazz but one thing I know is this. What is occurring is simply not on par for my tastes. It's criminal and unacceptable. No different that those they allege are the criminals. I hope this nonsense stops soon before people get hurt. It's getting way out of hand and there is far too much collateral damage.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Strip away the BS rhetoric and look at what they actually do,

Anonymous are extortionists

Who was extorted? source?

Anonymous are ID thieves

Who's identity did Anonymous steal? Identity theft is when you use someones personal information for fraud and pretend to be that person, via impersonation. Anonymous has done none of this. Anonymous acquires data and information in this case for insurance. Anonymous exposes what dirt it finds. If those whom have been doxed have nothing to hide and have not committed crimes against his fellow man then they have nothing to fear.

Anonymous are credit card fraud

Who's credit card was charged by Anonymous? proof? source?

Anonymous are terrorists

terrorism is violence, Anonymous does not commit acts of violence or commit psychological warfare on the people. Your government does. We are activists and hacktivists a voice of the people.

Anonymous are pro censorship

WRONG this is another lie, Anonymous is anti censorship.

Anonymous are organized crime

Anonymous is not an organization there is not organized crime in Anonymous, there is no method to chaos.

Anonymous are going to jail

So over 60k are going to be jailed?You re going to Jail an idea?

Impossible

Anonymous won't save you

Depends what you mean by save?

The long arm of the law never forgets
Expect a long sentence

ORLY? What are the charges?

Epic lulz at nerds in jail, 60 million + will be cheering

You speak on behalf of 60 million? I beg to differ... 60 million do not know of the lulz imo therefore it can not be had

The Real idea behind anonymous is for hardened criminals to hide behind a safety net of mindless suckers.

Hardened criminals? Wait i thought we are just nerds... last time i checked the prisons were not lined up with nerds. Flip Flop much?

So if you ddos'd while the police and others id's and personal info was stolen, you are not just some innocent protestor you are in a conspiracy to commit extortion and other felonys. Expect jail, nothing less.

The server was hacked not a ddos attack, you do not know what you are talking about apparently.

Leaderless, no way. Whoever is holding onto all this stolen data is of elevated status and by that very nature a higher profile target for the law. This fact alone proves all the talk of everyone is the same in anon is all pure lies. Not just any joe or mary nerd gets entrusted with the botnets and stolen data.

there are no leaders, this in no way explains a hacker is a somehow a leader.

So if you are in anon sheepling along all proud, ask yourself why don't you have possession of the stolen goods? Because you are a worthless grunt not deemed worthy of the position, lowman on the totem pole, nothing, expendable.

You apparently have no clue how this works do you? This as well as other recent ops will be uploaded on a torrent . Any black hat or not may acquire this data and download at will. There is no status to acquire when you have no identity. You dont get it do you?

When they secretly take those stolen id's and sell them to the underground, they just decided for you what charges your ddos accomplice activity will be thrown at you. If people die because of their actions with the stolen data you are now an accessory to those crimes also. Anonymous is not a free conscience ride like their propaganda says.

Assumption, you are grasping at straws. A straw man argument. Your claims are empty invalid and moot.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

anon are trying to extort the police by demanding the release of the peeps who've been arrested or else they will release the data or increase attacks and make things much worse.

Anonymous acquires data and information in this case for insurance. Anonymous exposes what dirt it finds. If those whom have been doxed have nothing to hide and have not committed crimes against his fellow man then they have nothing to fear.

what about the austrian citizens data & bank details that was stolen form the tv license place? your nieve if you think that info is not getting sold on the black market or used criminally in some way.

What are the charges?

well topiarys been charged with:

1. Unauthorised access to a computer system, contrary to Section 3 of the Computer Misuse Act 1990;
2. Encouraging / assisting offences, contrary to S46 of the Serious Crime Act 2007;
3. Conspiracy with others to carry out a Distributed Denial of Service Attack on the website of the Serious and Organised Crime Agency contrary to S1 Criminal Law Act 1977
4. Conspiracy to commit offences of section 3 Computer Misuse Act 1990, contrary to S1 Criminal Law Act 1977
5. Conspiracy between the defendant and others to commit offences of section 3 Computer Misuse Act 1990 contrary to S1 Criminal Law Act 1977.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Wow that's cool, finally someone's doing something to stop snitching... lol
Big Ups AntiSec!

Peace out

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
At least someone who gets it.
Not all of us are hackers, hacktivists.
As a matter of fact, the majority of us are just people, like you, like everyone else. No redeeming computer schools in that regard, But we do have a voice
And our voice has been heard. Operation onslaught was a complete success, thousands upon thousands of flyers and posters and other materials have been given to people and put up for the public to see.
We are fighting corruption the best way we know how, and that is through plain old footwork, and old means of recruitment.
We used twitter and youtube as well. What we do, is not illegal in the least. And though some are hacktivists, that is what they do, under the name ANTISEC.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

And no! They will not jail 60,000 people (and counting), and sure there are some hackers, but theres not 60,000 hackers sitting on theplan, they're (for the most part) just regular people. Military, Civilian, Business man, Mail man.

There are some very awsome pictures of operation onslaught as well! im thinking of making an article to submit here to give the sheeple a look at what we're doing.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

anonymous will be defined by the worst acts they commit. That's the thing about anon they're everyone & no one. So if one hacks a police server you all get tarred with the same brush and its the worst crimes the public, police & media will remember you for.

seriously anon need a legit political wing which can say it does everything by the letter of the law (protests etc). Have the hackers as a sort of cyber-paramilitary wing not "officially" endorsed by the first group. A bit like Sinn fein and the IRA.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by AzureSky

anonymous will be defined by the worst acts they commit. That's the thing about anon they're everyone & no one. So if one hacks a police server you all get tarred with the same brush and its the worst crimes the public, police & media will remember you for.

seriously anon need a legit political wing which can say it does everything by the letter of the law (protests etc). Have the hackers as a sort of cyber-paramilitary wing not "officially" endorsed by the first group. A bit like Sinn fein and the IRA.

They do their attacks in the name of AntiSec, which is what they should be referred to.

Though they are Anonymous, they have to be because of the work they do.

But we'll see how it plays out i suppose, dunno whats gunna come of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

It doesn't work that way UnixFE. You have two identical pads that contain the key. The only way the pads can be compromised, is if one of the pads is confiscated or found. It's not OTC, it's OTP (One Time Pad) The Russians as I stated before, were compromised because they reused a pad (a pad should only be used once). How the encrypted message is sent does not matter. You would have to have one of the pads to decrypt the message. Public key systems can be compromised, because you have 2 keys, a public key, and a private key (like PGP). Information can be derived from the public portion of the key. I have never liked public key systems.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quango

Thank you Quango. Our own government uses OTP for their most secure communications. Why do you think they used it? Because it cannot be cracked, and they know it! Randomness in the creation of the pads is the key. If there is the slightest bit of repetition in the data made to create the pads, they can be compromised by that repetition of data.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

Now we are on the same page UnixFE! You do understand how it works. Gilbert Vernam worked for AT&T when he developed the system. The man was a true genius! Another unknown to some just like Tesla. Maybe in the near future I will start a thread about OTP and explain it more in detail to everyone. Cryptography is a fascinating subject, and actually classed as "munitions" by our government. That's another subject in itself.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Fantastic, brilliant work by anti-sec.

Just as the feds thought they were on top by arresting and bullying some youngsters - anti-sec plays the next card.

Fantastic news. This has made my day.

Extra points for revealing the snitches too.

Good work anonymous - stay strong.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

AES 256 has been cracked by brute force methods. But I do agree that the powers that be are having trouble keeping up with the technology. I see you go back a few years as well. History does repeat itself they say? Who knows, the government might be anonymous, and they are creating all this as a smoke screen for something even larger?? Stranger things have happened. Nice post Zeeon! Also, thanks to the MODS here on this thread. I know we kind of got off subject here, thanks for not trashing some of the posts.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Captain Beyond because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

There are some very awsome pictures of operation onslaught as well! im thinking of making an article to submit here to give the sheeple a look at what we're doing.

Please do! I've been offline for a few days. Please inbox me with the thread link if you do

bravo!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
im still waiting for them to pick me up

come on feds im not only a supporter, I'm a member

The most amusing part of this is, those who oppose anonymous are the biggest hypocrites. Those who toss the yawn-inducing bollocks about anon being feds or terrorists or other such idiocy.

They are as much a part of being anonymous online.

The only difference being - anon and anti-sec are fighting for our freedoms, the anti-anon crowd are doing nothing but insulting those who do.

Live forever anon.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join