It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It is fact, not theory sir. OTP cannot be broken if used correctly. Please educate yourself before making these claims. I have been studying cryptography for over 20 years. Once again, the randomness of the key is paramount.Again. google Gilbert Vernam, and find out how it's done. There is still a case outstanding in California that the powers that be can't break. It involves a pedophile and his multiple encryption scheme encoded files that they have not been able to crack! He has used multiple types of encryption, and that was five years ago. I might start a thread on this. OTP cannot be cracked!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

I think we have to divide this topic (cracking OTR) into two things. I agree with you that an established OTR encryption can't be cracked at least with todays known computing power.
But on the other hand it's really NO problem to use a MiM attack and thus somehow bypass the enryption as you're part of it from the beginning.

So you can't say that yust switching on the OTR option in a chat application makes you 100% safe. If they already watchig your traffic it's quite easy to get in the path of your OTR traffic allowing them to read everything. It's the same with SSL (https..) and other types of encryptions. If you have established a secure path it's nearly impossible to break this. If there's someone in your path prior enabling these types of encryption it's really no problem to read your secured traffic.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Anonymous cannot be harmed, no matter how many Anonymous may fall in battle.Anonymous cannot be out-numbered. Anonymous is a hydra, constantly moving, constantly changing. Remove one head, and ten replace it. Anonymous reinforces its ranks exponentially at need.
Anonymous has no weakness or flaw.
Anonymous exploits weaknesses and flaws.

Anonymous is Legion.
Anonymous does not forgive.
Anonymous does not forget.
Expect us.

The Anonymous and Lulz Security hacktivist groups have called for an official boycott of payment processing service PayPal. The protest comes in retaliation for the July 19 arrests of 16 people accused of launching online attacks on behalf of Anonymous and LulzSec; 14 of those arrested are suspected to have participated in denial-of-service attacks on PayPal's website last December. Dubbed "Operation Avenge Assange" (referring to Julian Assange, the editor-in-chief of WikiLeaks), the December attacks were organized by Anonymous in retaliation for PayPal refusing to process donations from WikiLeaks supporters. [FBI Arrests 16 Suspected Hackers in Coast-to-Coast Dragnet] In a message posted on the text storage site Pastebin this morning (July 27), both groups urged PayPal customers to "immediately close their accounts" in protest of "the FBI's willingness to arrest and threaten those who are involved in ethical, modern cyber operations." The official statement continues: "In addition to this horrific law enforcement incompetence, PayPal continues to withhold funds from WikiLeaks, a beacon of truth in these dark times ... Quite simply, we, the people, are disgusted with these injustices. We will not sit down and let ourselves be trampled upon by any corporation or government." In response to PayPal heeding the U.S. government's mandate that it stop handling the money of WikiLeaks supporters, the hackers wrote, "PayPal's willingness to fold to legislation should be proof enough that they don't deserve the customers they get."

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"When injustce becomes a law Rebellion becomes duty" - Tomas Jefferson.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
im still waiting for them to pick me up

come on feds im not only a supporter, I'm a member

Waiting as well, the enforcers and henchmen of the machine have encroached on deadly waters. The cannons are loaded. Operation Onslaught is in full effect as well.

A shout out to all friendly vessels

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
If I could comment again on the OP...

I think releasing personal information of police officers was extremely irresponsible. I think the fingerprints of LulzSec are most definitely evident as I have my doubts Anonymous would post such information. I have come to that conclusion based on the fact that they recently reformed their tactics and have kept information like that held back.

Not to mention, the fact that they are calling for the release of those detained in Anonymous raids. Anyone with the smallest neuron firing upstairs knows that will NEVER happen.

And for some pure speculation on my part: I'd be willing to bet that one of these teen ignoramuses posted the personal details and that other Anons are very angry about it. That may be why they're refusing to comment on the details of the matter. I get the sense there may be some infighting at the moment. But like I said, this is pure speculation on my part at the moment.

Some of the oldschool Anonymous members have already come out saying that they DO NOT support anything being done in the name of Anonymous by anyone connecting themselves to Lulzsec and that Sabu idiot. It's posted on the WhyWeProtest site for all to read. Who do you think are the people who have been outing Lulzsec members and helping LE track down and arrest people lately? It's oldschool ex-Anonymous (some are even current) members who are sick of seeing what has been done to their original idea.

The Anonymous that exists right now is NOT the original Anonymous. Not even close. Anyone who says it is, is completely clueless (anyone who attacks this post of mine will prove this). Also, they are nowhere near as large as they'd like people to believe. Don't fall for the "60,000+ and growing" BS. If it actually were that many, you'd see a lot more hacking being done and would actually hear more about it in the news. Keep in mind that a lot of them will constantly use different names as a means to thwart off "dox" attempts.

What was it that the pathetic Sabu said when "Topiary" was arrested? Oh yeah: "R.I.P Topiary". That sound like a leader to any of you? To Sabu, Topiary a.k.a Jake Davis, was now dead to him. Nothing more than another follower who got busted while he enjoys his freedom. Now he says he is fighting for the release of his "brothers and sisters" sitting in jail. He doesn't care lol he's just trying to act as if he does and people blindly believe everything that idiot types. It's really sickening to see how many people out there can't think for themselves and blindly follow this guy who they know nothing about. All because he says what they want to hear. He knows most of them are anti-social teens who are easily manipulated and he takes advantage of it. He's trying hard to kiss Anonymous butt as a way to try and get protection from them since all his crew are in jail and some ran out of fear.

Open challenge to Anonymous since they are "Legion" and all powerful:

Hack into SIPRNET. Anyone with any common sense knows that's where the real secrets would be. Then people may actually be impressed. Anything the government/military really wants protected and hidden from the public would be there. Anything you would find on this public internet would just be information they know wouldn't hurt anything. Stuff they don't care that we know. Which is why some of you are going after innocent people because that's all the real information you can actually get. Then these "hackers" go on to hype it up like its very damaging proof of the government against the people. Yeah, releasing the names, addresses and SS#'s of innocent people only endangers the lives of innocent people and their entire families. Most of which have no direct connection to anything you say you fight for other than they might be LE. That doesn't hurt the government at all. Just makes them tighten security and cause them to want to create stuff like "Internet ID's" and "internet kill-switches". The internet is one form of freedom out of a very few we have left and stuff like this is going to put an end to it.

Seriously. Some of you go around preaching the Legion talk and talk about your "l33t h4x0r" skills. Prove it.

The only thing I'll be expecting soon is more arrests being made. Get your pathetic LOIC cannons ready. Hit your target so they can collect your IP's. You do realize it doesn't work while trying to hide behind proxies right? That's how blind and ignorant a lot of you "Anonymous" members are. The biggest security threat is your own tools and mouths LMAO. Anonymous? Not when using your main tool LOL

Thank God most of you have to go back to school soon. Then there will be less Anonymous BS on ATS.
edit on 1-8-2011 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

There's some confusion here I believe. When Captain Beyond says OTP encryption he means One Time Pad, not OTR encryption.

One Time Pad can still be done with pen and paper and as stated, if done correctly will be unbreakable, even with the most powerful computers.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Seriously. Some of you go around preaching the Legion talk and talk about your "l33t h4x0r" skills. Prove it.

It has been proven, again and again where have you been?

Open challenge to Anonymous since they are "Legion" and all powerful:

Why don't you tell us on IRC, we are open to ideas and listening. Instead of bitching and moaning on your high horse since you claim to know where the meat and potatoes is at .... instead of a conspiracy web site draped in paranoia. Tell Anonymous directly, we are listening. Maybe you will finally understand what Anonymous means.

What was it that the pathetic Sabu said when "Topiary" was arrested? Oh yeah: "R.I.P Topiary". That sound like a leader to any of you?

There are NO LEADERS! We are all equal we are one United as one - divided by zero !...

The Anonymous that exists right now is NOT the original Anonymous.

LOL WUT? There is no original Anonymous.. Anonymous does not officially exist ... derp de derp
That would imply Anonymous has an identity... this is moar FAIL

Thank God most of you have to go back to school soon. Then there will be less Anonymous BS on ATS.

Out of school, college grad here. We are not going anywhere... we are always here. We always have been.

Anonymous has no leadership, therefore there is no official Anonymous press release, there is no Official action made by Anonymous. Because Anonymous is over 60,000 does not mean moar haxorz would happen. behind haxorz are script kiddies, DDOS kids. In truth a small amount of Anon is hacker's in actuality. A good portion are just protesters, voices. In short Anonymous is a collective of ideas. Anon is an idea of ideas. For the oldf@#$ they may or may not like newf@%$ or even the haxorz. This is irrelevant, anyone can be anonymous. There is no initiation fee, no test, no hazing, but am idea consisting of ideas. Anonymous can not be controlled for this fact in jest Anonymous is chaos. The oldf@gs created a monster that could never be controlled. If you are anonymous and you do not agree with a certain operation you are not required to participate you are only asked. If one moralfag makes such a statement condemning other anonymous such as sabu and the lulzsec anonymous merger of antisec then that in itself says they are not getting the basic gist of Anonymous. I do not always agree with certain ops however it is not at my liberty to condemn a part of the collective. Anonymous is a dog that chases cars, it just does things. We do it for freedom, we do it for justice sometime revenge and we do it for the lulz.

Whatever Anonymous does can and will happen

You cant kill an idea

Ideas are bullet proof

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I don't understand why people cannot understand the concept of Anonymous. Are people that conditioned and brainwashed their whole lives to believe that resistance only comes in the form of revolutionary parties with clear leadership and ideology for people to follow?

This is the 21st century. Even in the 90s, the true Anonymous movement took off with the black masked Zapatistas who fought not to take power, but to take the power away from the corrupt to allow fair and free democracy to reign.

Anonymous is a movement, not an organization. Moderation is its motive, not power.

I will admit, I believe that the collective known as Anonymous suffers from a lack of identity, simply because the sheeple are apparently not intelligent enough to identify with a true ideal of virtue and morality of the individual, but instead follow leaders that they can identify with.

I think Anonymous is a very good thing. However, it is not Anonymous that will bring change; it will be the successor grassroots resistance movement that will acquire the Anonymous followers with the capability for thought as its organization, and will be lead by identifiable figures for the masses to follow.

What do you think of my theory?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As I suggested before, Anonymous most certainly DOES have a "gelatinous" core. Everyone is not pulling off ops on an equal level.

Everyone that posted last made a lot of good points.

SIPRNET would be a great challenge indeed. From what I know from the military, anyone wishing to access it must connect directly to their cables. Although for the trickiest among the tricky, I'm sure there are other ways. As Anon stands right now, I wouldn't ask them to do this. There is way too much information that is really mundane but could kill thousands if released irresponsibly. Things like aircraft combat entry tactics and technologies used by the military to... I can't say, but prevent certain attacks. The technology the Army uses could be VERY easily defeated. Anyway, no more on that subject.

I think we're all arguing two sides of the same coin here.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hi,

This Anon is just all over the place.

Still I don´t like Anon and I think what they are doing is wrong.

So I hope they will go to jail for a long long time.

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

This is true agreed ....

Revolutions always have sacrifice. The FBI arrest a hand full of anons and the sheple call this fail a win. Only in this place between the twilight zone and Bizarro World where the sheeple have been indoctrinated in to thinking they need to be lead because they cant think for themselves. They refuse to budge a finger in their arm chair, with the "you better not do that or else teacher will make us all sit in time out" attitude, of course they have been conditioned their whole lives to submit and assimilate to the power lords. They have been taught the word terrorism means someone that the PTB deems as a threat in post Bush bizzaro world. They embrace a failing monetary system even in it's death throes. They get F#%@& every which way even on Sunday and ask for more with no Vaseline. I just do not get how submissive these poor people have become even with the brain washing one has to have some will to want to survive. But then they have been seduced by fear, fear is the mind killer. While the many of us are willing to sacrifice what little freedoms we have left. I guess you have to separate the wheat from the chaff and let these sheep find their own way. Or leave them be to follow the pied piper and prince of lies off a cliff. The revolution will happen with or without them

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by quango

Ups, thanks for the hint. I've read OTR where OTP was written :-( That's of cause a completly different thing.
OTP can only be broken if you manage to get hold of the keys (or a copy of them) or if the keys are generated in a way that you can calculate the next ones.If you make sure to use real random values for the pad and make sure to not let other get hold of it it's safe as long as the algorith used to encrypt your message isn't reversable. So don't transfer your OTP using unencrypted mail or postage (where you can never be sure if it's not opened on it's way).
A good example for a OTP is the current iTAN method used by many banks here in Europe.

So sorry for the confusion. OTP is safe if used correctly.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Don't want everyone to know your IP address, home address, or real name?
Then you are technically anonymous.

Ever said something online that may be controversial and don't feel like everyone should know, fearing chastisement?
Then you are anonymous.

If the governments went after conspirators and sites like ATS, you would stand and fight with anonymous, or go back to being a sheep browsing Yahoo news.

If the US decided to censor the internet, anonymous will be there to destroy the routers and servers responsible for blacklisting. If that doesn't fix the problem, then physical motions will be carried out. Much of our armed forces are a part of anonymous, the government wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, 60k members? Not even close, the numbers backing anon are no less than 6 digits. Perhaps they don't lurk, or aren't part of the hacking, but there are more anonymous than you could imagine.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
my friends and I were talking about anonymous the other night and my theory was alot of those anon kids were bullied at school and so theyre taking it out on others over the inet. Today i saw this story about topiarys arrest www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nikki Finnie, 17, who went to school with Davis (topiary), said he was so badly bullied that he left and retreated into a computer fantasy world.

damn i'm good!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Strip away the BS rhetoric and look at what they actually do,

Anonymous are extortionists
Anonymous are ID thieves
Anonymous are credit card fraud
Anonymous are terrorists
Anonymous are pro censorship
Anonymous are organized crime
Anonymous are going to jail
Anonymous won't save you

The long arm of the law never forgets
Expect a long sentence

Epic lulz at nerds in jail, 60 million + will be cheering

The Real idea behind anonymous is for hardened criminals to hide behind a safety net of mindless suckers.
So if you ddos'd while the police and others id's and personal info was stolen, you are not just some innocent protestor you are in a conspiracy to commit extortion and other felonys. Expect jail, nothing less.

Leaderless, no way. Whoever is holding onto all this stolen data is of elevated status and by that very nature a higher profile target for the law. This fact alone proves all the talk of everyone is the same in anon is all pure lies. Not just any joe or mary nerd gets entrusted with the botnets and stolen data.

So if you are in anon sheepling along all proud, ask yourself why don't you have possession of the stolen goods? Because you are a worthless grunt not deemed worthy of the position, lowman on the totem pole, nothing, expendable.

When they secretly take those stolen id's and sell them to the underground, they just decided for you what charges your ddos accomplice activity will be thrown at you. If people die because of their actions with the stolen data you are now an accessory to those crimes also. Anonymous is not a free conscience ride like their propaganda says.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
some of the anons they want freed.

why some? why not all?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkeligos
Also, 60k members? Not even close, the numbers backing anon are no less than 6 digits. Perhaps they don't lurk, or aren't part of the hacking, but there are more anonymous than you could imagine.

nice sales pitch. lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This is more posturing by the people that have the most to gain from ending anonymity on the internet. As the way data mining companies work is they pay based on the quality of Data. The more accurate the data the higher price the Data Mining companies will pay.

Just follow the money. It really is all that simple. Who stands to gain the most from ending online anonymity?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I don't think it matters what anonymous is.
I think it only matters what anonymous is TO YOU. Or to ME. As individuals we must decide these things.

As for the hacking, I've been impressed with the cajones and the outting of HB GARY. Would like to see more on mantech. Sometimes there is more talk than substance but that's ok at least there is talk, and talk is important.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Strip away the BS rhetoric and look at what they actually do,

Anonymous are extortionists

Too long, nobody will read. If you call anonymous sheeple, then you may need to get out of the house more often and stop talking to your cat because your foolishness is only cute to your family.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join