It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would americans revolt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
air conditioning ~ with the rates of electricity continuing to rise, and the state of the economy many people can't afford it, and those numbers are increasing.

cable ~ I would rather read, instead of polluting my mind with that crap. Speaking of pollution.....

food in the refridgerater ~ mostly unhealthy junk forced upon us by monsanto. Do you trust the food in your fridge? I don't.

a refridgerator ~ Again, cost of electricity, and how many people could afford to get theirs repaired if it broke right now?

clean water ~ I just love drinking fluoridated water that tastes like chlorine, don't you?

internet access ~ Its in most countries, but they way the government if fighting for censorship over it, how much longer do you think it will be until we are like China?

grocery store with fresh milk,eggs,bread,pops,hamburger,turkey,fish etc etc within 10 mins of there house ~ You really trust that food? Its becoming harder and harder to find safe pesticide free food, that isn't loaded with harmful chemicals, antibiotcs and all the other crazy crap they put in their food. I would rather put in the labor to grow and raise my own.

a roof over our head ~ Hmmm. I must be imagining all the homeless people I see everyday. Not to mention for those who do, outrageous property taxes, and building codes... Can't even build my kids a play house with out a permit.

cell phones ~ Meh, I could do with out, great in an emergency but the rest of the time they are more trouble than they are worth.

the best medical care on the planet ~ I'll get back to you when I am done laughing... 5 minutes later...sorry can't stop laughing.

baseball ~ I am not even going to comment on these last two plus I am still not done laughing at the previous statement.
football

lol of course there are problems in america? are you kidding? its like you people think there should be this vast eutopia where everyone shares and loves eachother and you dont have to pay for anything.

where would you rather live? and why is it better?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
air conditioning ~ with the rates of electricity continuing to rise, and the state of the economy many people can't afford it, and those numbers are increasing.

cable ~ I would rather read, instead of polluting my mind with that crap. Speaking of pollution.....

food in the refridgerater ~ mostly unhealthy junk forced upon us by monsanto. Do you trust the food in your fridge? I don't.

a refridgerator ~ Again, cost of electricity, and how many people could afford to get theirs repaired if it broke right now?

clean water ~ I just love drinking fluoridated water that tastes like chlorine, don't you?

internet access ~ Its in most countries, but they way the government if fighting for censorship over it, how much longer do you think it will be until we are like China?

grocery store with fresh milk,eggs,bread,pops,hamburger,turkey,fish etc etc within 10 mins of there house ~ You really trust that food? Its becoming harder and harder to find safe pesticide free food, that isn't loaded with harmful chemicals, antibiotcs and all the other crazy crap they put in their food. I would rather put in the labor to grow and raise my own.

a roof over our head ~ Hmmm. I must be imagining all the homeless people I see everyday. Not to mention for those who do, outrageous property taxes, and building codes... Can't even build my kids a play house with out a permit.

cell phones ~ Meh, I could do with out, great in an emergency but the rest of the time they are more trouble than they are worth.

the best medical care on the planet ~ I'll get back to you when I am done laughing... 5 minutes later...sorry can't stop laughing.

baseball ~ I am not even going to comment on these last two plus I am still not done laughing at the previous statement.
football

lol do i trust the food in my fridge? and the water i drink? well ive been eating it and drinkin it my whole life so far no complaints

if you dont trust the food and water here lol then what the hell do you eat and drink?? and if its all bad why are u alive?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
shouldn't we all be able to live our lives within our own unique beliefs and not allow 51% to tell the other 49% what to do?

If you cast a vote for any party (or independent candidate) you are giving that 51% your full permission to tell you what to do.

If you believe in the system enough to vote you must believe in the system enough to accept the consequences of voting.
I personally don't vote, the parties are just two sides of the same tarnished coin (in my country just as much as yours)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by superballs

They control everything. This becomes apparent once you begin to ask questions. Maybe you live a life of... I don't know... non-confrontation?

For example, you need a permit to protest. A PERMIT!
Driver's license
Mandatory vehicle insurance
They steal your money for "retirement." You'll never get it back.

The list could span the entirety of the servers at ATS. Start pushing up against your walls. You'll see them push back REAL quick.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Why would Americans revolt.

You sold your country to bankers and cooperations
You are paying for war crimes against humanity and are leading country in the world.
You are shooting weapons with nuclear waste to dispose it. (knowingly)

Your healtcare system sucks you dry and has not your best interest for you. I pay 1000euro a year, and that includes all treatment. Luckely I don't vistit doctors ever.

1500$ for a scan?, they don't even charge you with that over here.
I once saw a docu where a man said he had to choose between his left or right finger cause his insurance only covers one finger. Hey Only in America

Last year they wanted to copy the healtcare systems of the Dutch, thats what I remember.

People live in tentcamps in the US. Where's that in Europe

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

The only way you will see revolt in the US or any other major country is one thing FOOD. If there is food on the shelves don't worry if the store shelves are empty watch out.

I will say it one more time FOOD. And until then everyone will remain asleep.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

The only way you will see revolt in the US or any other major country is one thing FOOD. If there is food on the shelves don't worry if the store shelves are empty watch out.

I will say it one more time FOOD. And until then everyone will remain asleep.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by superballs
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

ok.. but im not under control at all thats my point. what the hell are they controlling about me??

The fact that you cannot see it is proof perfect that you have been thoroughly and totally blinded by the propaganda.

Enjoy your fridge and air-con (it's not like the rest of the western world doesn't have these things - not quite sure how you think this makes America special but that's for another conversation).

Question - do those blinders get itchy?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i dont know but from what i hear, americans are pretty revolting arent they?

edit on 31/7/2011 by Welshextremist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have ac, cable, and all that #. Because I live with my Dad.

Im 27 years old, have had my job for 2 years, and I am a supervisor there.
I make 40 cents more than my subordinates..
I work 6 days a week, and can barely afford the $500 rent I pay my dad.
I can't save money, because there isn't enough of it..

I rarely go out, simply because the police are adamant that everyone in town is
doing wrong, and stops you because you are walking after dark, and that is suspicious.

I can't afford to go out anyway!

When our nation makes it impossible to have anything without having two full time jobs,
insurmountable debt, and no time for myself, exactly what freedoms do I have?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot4Revolt
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

IF WE STAND TOGETHER, DESPITE HAVING A PERMIT, ARE POLICE GOING TO ARREST 300,000 PEOPLE? I THINK NOT.

There's not enough space locally for all the people to be jailed. So someone in the crowd will accidentally have a gun, then they'll open fire. Look for it in the future.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The OP is lol trolling, surely. If not he's a prime example of what happens when the government brainwashes you with the concept of American exceptionalism.

I personally hate the line of reasoning being employed by the OP. The line of reasoning that argues there's nothing worthy of complaints or change because the situation is worse in country x or y.

Can you imagine how far behind the rest of the world America would be if for the few hundred years it existed everybody remained the same and excused current situations and unjust laws and realities because somewhere else in the world happened to have it worse?

OP keeps telling people to leave America but it sounds to me like he'd make a good citizen for the likes of Saudi Arabia or North Korea.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

Originally posted by neo96
...and us little people are just sitting here twittling our thumbs talking on ats,watching american idol or whatever people do in their free time.

Speaking of members here "twittling our thumbs talking on ats", Neo96, what do you do for a living as I have yet to see ya logged off of ATS. I work 60 hrs a week on multiple shifts every other week and I see you here logged on no matter what hour I am awake to log on here every once in a while.

Its an honest question. Because of the "twittling our thumbs talking on ats" part of your reply. It just sounds a lot like you describing YOU here. Serious question.

He's a billionaire apparently. One who doesn't care for the fleeting moment derived from petty material pleasures.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by beezzer

We have revolted.
It's called the Tea Party.
But since it's your first thread, I'll flag it. Might provide some interesting debate.

The TPM is a revolt? A bunch of old white men, bought and paid for by the GOP....

truthfrequencynews.com...

Okay, Beezer is not often on the same political page that I am. However, he is absolutely correct. The Tea Party was and is a revolution. Sure, there are some fatcats that had a hand in trying to instigate and control the movement. But do you think any of those fatcats, with their many business intersts, are keen on the brinksmanship that the Tea Party is putting us through right now regarding the debt ceiling? Heck no! NOT good for business.

The TP has me annoyed right now. But, I know an awful lot of people that I like, admire, and agree with on most things who identify as TPs. And, despite my concerns about default, I admire that fact that they are sticking to their guns just as much as I am annoyed by it.

So that nobody considers me a TP plant: I am a life long Republican, disenchanted by own party who voted Obama in 08 and thinks I like Ron Paul. LOL.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This made me laugh :

"the best medical care on the planet " - you have some of the best doctors and equipment, but you lack access to it.

A lot of countries have all that you have, but can you smoke where you want ? Can you say bomb in an open space without spending a few nights in prison ?

Freedom doesn't mean to own things, freedom allows you do to what you want.

Lets say one day you will have a retarded president who starts a couple of wars, gets millions of people killed or injured, who instead of taking care of the economy uses the lack of jobs to build an army what will you do ? will you be able to stop the war ? What if someone comes out and says that the motive for the war is fake and all they want is (let's imagine) oil and they send him to prison. Can you save the man ?

You are "free", but many others have to pay a price that seems to high ...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Only with the total amount I pay in taxes here in USA, I can have a decent life in places like South America. We deserve a better treatment, it doesn't matter if life is harder in other countries, it's pointless to compare us with them.

Biggest complaint I have here is against the bankers and politicians, and they are a worldwide problem.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Gun control...
Is my guess...lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join