It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would americans revolt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
hi all

first thread here.. so please bear with me..

i have seen alot of threads and posts on how americans should rise up, and how were all asleep..

How we just watch our tvs oblivious to the rest of the world. (this 1 i agree with)

but the fact is, like it or not we are the gold standard when it comes to revolution.. we took our freedoms
and independence .. And when people tried to take them back from us they got beat down..

when other countries rise up and revolt. what do you think they want? they want there freedoms and independence, they want a chance to do whatever they want just because they want to

heres a quick list of what the average american has..not trying to be arrogant just trying to prove my point

air conditioning
cable
food in the refridgerater
a refridgerator
clean water
internet access
grocery store with fresh milk,eggs,bread,pops,hamburger,turkey,fish etc etc within 10 mins of there house
a roof over our head
cell phones
the best medical care on the planet
baseball
football

the point is guys, our lives here in the good ol USA for the most part is pretty damm good and like it or not we are the product of revolution, we are what happens when you revolt

so why would we revolt were already there just waitng for you guys to catch up

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Nice trinkets.

All the better to keep you under control, my dear...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by superballs

That would be the very definition of success and properity in any other nation on Earth. There is something missing in your list and it is what makes Americans, American. We just can't stand long for the leash we're having squeezed tighter and tighter all the time, regardless of how comfy and pleasant the confinement is allowed to be for us.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
For the record, it's "their" not "there".

You say clean water.... yes, compared to 3rd world countries, it looks cleaner and is for the most part..... if you don't mind Chinese sodium fluoride at unpredictable dosage levels. Just FYI there...

I do agree with you, but we can't focus on the freedoms we have compared to freedoms others don't have..... freedom is the NATURAL state of life, anything else is false, to compare 80% freedoms to 10% freedoms is the same as prisoners in the nicer castle sticking up for prisoners in the crappy dungeons.
edit on 31-7-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

link   
america won't do anything ... they will sit in there" sorry their " house whine on forums and never stand up for themselves....

and sit in fear about getting in trouble for what they believe to be right...

a bunch of pussies
edit on 30-7-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

link   

We have revolted.
It's called the Tea Party.
But since it's your first thread, I'll flag it. Might provide some interesting debate.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We have revolted.
But since it's your first thread, I'll flag it. Might provide some interesting debate.

ha ha ha ha ha tea party a group developed to split the vote hahahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

We have revolted.

The Tea party? Really?
That Tea Party idea was like coming up with a new way to use a battery for cheaper and getting it bought out immediately by Duracell before anyone heard of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

ok.. but im not under control at all thats my point. what the hell are they controlling about me??

second

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

We have revolted.

The Tea party? Really?
That Tea Party idea was like coming up with a new way to use a battery for cheaper and getting it bought out immediately by Duracell before anyone heard of it.

I keep hearing nd seeing posts on how we've been bought out. Hasn't happened to me. Though my check could still be in the mail.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

We have revolted.

The TPM is a revolt? A bunch of old white men, bought and paid for by the GOP....

truthfrequencynews.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
america won't do anything ... they will sit in there" sorry their " house whine on forums and never stand up for themselves....

a bunch of pussies

thats my point why would we as long as we fell like our lives are good?

and how do we get to something better than what we have if we are content with what we have?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer, your posts vs stars has impressed me, but your politics confuses me greatly.
Are you really a Tea Bagger.... the vernacular is in jest, I love how the media tried to demonize them from the get go.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by superballs

Originally posted by GodofWar411

a bunch of pussies

thats my point why would we as long as we fell like our lives are good?

and how do we get to something better than what we have if we are content with what we have?

nation wide disaster.... power outage,communications, trade and shipping traffic halts

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Of course you're under control. We all are. The only question is degree and underlying purpose. You don't speed because tickets cost money. I dare say it's a rare person who actually agrees with speed limits on open, empty roads in good visibility.
You pay your taxes, not because they deserve the money or even because it's right but because they will simply take every physical possession you own, by force if necessary, if you don't. That is control, indeed.

Of course we're all controlled. I have no problem with it, actually. Society doesn't work any other way. The problem comes in the NEW concepts of control extending into what we say, write or communicate by simply attending a public event of the wrong type.....among other things. There is a fine line our founding fathers warned of in many different ways between necessary control and order of society and the logical leap into over-control and tyranny..... I think we crossed that well before Baby Bush came to power....it's just become obvious here lately.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer, your posts vs stars has impressed me, but your politics confuses me greatly.
Are you really a Tea Bagger.... the vernacular is in jest, I love how the media tried to demonize them from the get go.

I belong to a Tea Party group. We're made up of democrats, republicans, indepoendents (me), and libertarians. We all have different tenets, beliefs (I'm ultra conservative) but what we have in common is this;
Personal responsibility
Personal liberties
A smaller, less intrusive government

Quite simple, really.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Of course you're under control. We all are. The only question is degree and underlying purpose. You don't speed because tickets cost money. I dare say it's a rare person who actually agrees with speed limits on open, empty roads in good visibility.
You pay your taxes, not because they deserve the money or even because it's right but because they will simply take every physical possession you own, by force if necessary, if you don't. That is control, indeed.

Of course we're all controlled. I have no problem with it, actually. Society doesn't work any other way. The problem comes in the NEW concepts of control extending into what we say, write or communicate by simply attending a public event of the wrong type.....among other things. There is a fine line our founding fathers warned of in many different ways between necessary control and order of society and the logical leap into over-control and tyranny..... I think we crossed that well before Baby Bush came to power....it's just become obvious here lately.

you said it theres always gonna be taxes no matter where u live.. if we dont have rules and laws then its a country i dont wanna live in but in other countries if you dont pay your taxes you go to jail or worse
here they just garnish everything.. unless you cheat

in the words of red forman
without rules and laws were just a bunch of crap flinging monkeys

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I belong to a Tea Party group. We're made up of democrats, republicans, indepoendents (me), and libertarians. We all have different tenets, beliefs (I'm ultra conservative) but what we have in common is this;
Personal responsibility
Personal liberties
A smaller, less intrusive government

Quite simple, really.

You could chop all that down to Ron Paul supporter, no? I am not a part of any group or organization, if anything I am also an Independent if I were to classify my beliefs, but my beliefs are my own, not entirely of a specific group or mind set, they are unique like your own, shouldn't we all be able to live our lives within our own unique beliefs and not allow 51% to tell the other 49% what to do? Isn't that what an organization is trying to do for the most part?
edit on 30-7-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
the way i see it the government has revolted and us little people are just sitting here twittling our thumbs talking on ats,watching american idol or whatever people do in their free time.

some people have woken up and said what? no you dont! but we just sit back and play the blame game me included and argue to infinity about the same issues over and over and over aigan then goto sleep and then do the same thing the next day and then the next.

its a simple question do you want things to change? yes or no

do you think government is the answer ?yes or no

do you think your best bet for a future will be yourself? yes or no

your choice its up to you to decide where your future lies.

made mine.
edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You could chop all that down to Ron Paul supporter, no? I am not a part of any group or organization, if anything I am also an Independent if I were to classify my beliefs, but my beliefs are my own, not entirely of a specific group or mind set, they are unique like your own, shouldn't we all be able to live our live within our own unique beliefs and not allow 51% to tell the other 49% what to do? Isn't that what an organization is trying to do for the most part?

I like Paul. I think he'd make a good president. Will I vote for him? Dunno, yet.

the 51% vs 49%? Personally, I think it's more like 10% telling the 90% how to live. Which I find abhorent. The concept of "social justice" is the antithesis of individual liberty. When you engineer an outcome (for social justice) then it removes any inherent value of individual liberty or individual achievement.

Any successful movement will have outsiders/opponents trying to define it. When you have defined it, you can isolate it.That's why the Tea Party is so successful. WE can't be defined because there are so many aspects of our little movement.
We'll never have a "charter" or a set standard of "rules" (regardless of what the MSM et al tries to tell you) because we are such an organic organization that defies categorization.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join