It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Are Germans Going To Be Vilified For?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

History is always written by the victors.

I have no idea who where you have gotten your information from but most people of the world do not hate Germans as a people.The "Nazi's were a political party that came to power in Germany in the 1920's basically because of them losing the "Great War" and the Treaty of Versailles than ended the conflict.

I personally do have issues with the Japanese even to this day.

What that country and the race of people that live there did in their attempt to dominate Asia is appalling.

I also have issues with the U.S. and Roosevelt and his administration in particular on their treatment of people during the great depression and during WW2.

I do not dwell in the past but one must remember the past so those mistakes are not made again.

In my lifetime I have say a spoke with people from many countries who were young adults during WW2.

My suggestion to you is to just reading more in to what you see coming out of Hollywood.

And remember this one thing.

Most of those who are in control in Hollywood are Jewish.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Nobody is villifying the German people. I think you are confusing what is taught as history as a perception people hold everyday and that would be incorrect.

Are you advocating the erasure of Geman acts from the history books. If not there is really no way to put a good spin on what they did you know.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hollywood has a lot of big names... Jewish names... that make the movies and decisions

Stay tuned for the latest chapter

Can't wait to see it

Es wird herrlich sein

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Nobody is villifying the German people. I think you are confusing what is taught as history as a perception people hold everyday and that would be incorrect.

Are you advocating the erasure of Geman acts from the history books. If not there is really no way to put a good spin on what they did you know.

Please read what you wrote above, without me at all suggessting anything deliberately racist stated by you.
Hint "German acts" "what they did".
The people who did these things were almost exclusively .......soldiers....... enlisted military people who were at war with the world.
Am I excussing the barbarism?
No , but any logical person would know once hitler invaded Poland "the enlisted knew it was do or die".
So they the miltary acted murderously and as barbarians.
But does that mean the germans as a race did it?
If so where does this judgement call end?
The Western Military bombed Japan with both Atomic and conventional bombs ie they burned alive afew hundred thousand women , children, old men, and Japanese slave workers.
Are we responsible for these actions?
There are probably quiet groups in Japan that still seethe and simmer.
Likewise those in Germany ie think Dresden, Berlin, Hamburg, Hannover ect ect ect ect ect .
Perhaps the surviviors instilled hate into their children of the Allies due to this act of ???
Or the millions of women who were raped and bashed by avenging Soviets?
Or do we just say let the hate for millions of western peoples forefathers flow ,Iam Anglo Saxon/celt/ Jute yet my forefathers are cursed as demons by hollywood .
Watch Blood creek it is but just a grain in the sand of Anti Saxon propaganda.
Its about equality and fairness, surely that is what anti vilification laws are for?

Ps There is a scene in the movie where the righteous Hero harrangues an old woman for standing by and doing nothing when she "Knew" ....this movie is a subtle for the ignorant revenge tale .
I wonder how traumatised a twenty year old or so german feels when that watch this scene?
At the end of the movie our hero (two heroes) has a map of the USA with Germans as his targets in red, he loads his shotgun as the beautiful movie closes.
Sixty six years ago..and the hate goes on and on.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Aren't you saying exactly what I posted?

The German people aren't being villified for what the Nazi's did at all. They were seperate events and for the op to conclude that the people are lumping the civilians in with the soldiers or ss is simply not true. I don't know of anyone who speaks of the whole German people as being guilty of these atrocities.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Except the movie I described above which is but one example.
Oh ? ever hear of the movie title "The Good German".
Or Oscar Schindler being awarded the title of honourary "gentile " by the nation of Israel.
The most rampant racism is on display and not even blinked at , but is viwed by millions of impressionable young people globally via Hollywood.
Racism and vilification should be banned, not made a selective subjective toy to be manipulated by the elite and richly powerful.
Lets all take a stand and demand peacefully by the power of th evote for our leaders to ban all racism and hate scripts in movies distributed world wide.

Hate thrives when it is made acceptable and legiitimate.

Ban all hate and make future Genocide and war less probable.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Until Jews finally accept that it happened and nothing more can be done. I also believe the holocaust was quite overexagerated. Really the question here should be when will humans stop verifying other humans for fundamental opinionated beliefs and realize that good and evil are an illusion created to basically enslave the masses to their emotional nonsense.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Das sieht gut aus. Ich kann nicht warten

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Regarding the Nazi's, less than 30% of the vote was for the Nazi's, they got into power by locking out out of the Reichstag anyone who would vote against them, then voted in the enabling act to give Hitler power, Nazi Germany never existed, Nazi control over Germany did. Anyone read the article in the Huffington post about the million and a half Germans Eisenhower ordered be allowed to starve? (just type starving Germans into your browser)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

It was necessary to villify Germany as much as possible to gather popular support for the formation of Israel. The Zionists continue to reaffirm their case for the land by continuing to condemn Germany's past and reiterate the notion that they needed a "safe place to go" after WWII - despite being adopted into other nations all over the world. Given that most mainstream media outlets are supportive of Israel, this is not unnusual. Media bias is a very powerful and effective political tool.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

That's not true, the Nazi party received a majority vote after Hitler called for another federal election. Support for them was fueled by the depressed economy and lack of unification on behalf of other political parties.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yes there is an discrimination regarding the German in the media.
I live in Germany and I can tell you that German in general don't care at all.
Some of the German I know are truly Nazi type specially in regard to emigration...mind you the entire Europe is this way...thinking about it.
Any way, let's not forget that for a country that lost the war they didn't do bad at all after the war.
My guess is that the media revive a kind of jalousie that this nation has stand up so well from the rubble of the war.
In also living in Germany I have also found the great mind that chapped Europe in philosophy and sociology. Many people, we should know, where strongly a pose to the Nazi government, to mention only one group the white rose.
You can check this movie; Die Weiße Rose (The White Rose) .
When I was younger I thought how can a nation kill so many people and and think they are so superior. I learn that any country in the world could have gone this way and in fact we are all guilty as human to let our animal instinct of protectionism to dictate our choice in life.
Let's just never forget.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I agree with your final point that atrocities should not be forgotten and also that Germans had no choice after Hitler was ELECTED and solidified his power. But Germans who voted for him knew exactly what Hitler stood for since he made it clear for many years before his election that he wanted to get rid of the Jews. The Germans of today are not being portrayed as evil in the movies of today. They have been portrayed as evil in movies about the past when they were actually evil.
edit on 31-7-2011 by jdk847 because: extra "the" deleted.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

How long are we going to vilify a nation?

Modern Germany is not being vilified, rather Germany from a specific point in history. I mean, Germany was the largest power in the Axis at that time was it not? Thus, Germany is going to be protrayed as the bad guys in movies refering to that time. Or should Germany, in WWII movies, be replaced by some make believe nation?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I do not believe that Germans today or Germany itself is being vilified. My family suffered great loss in a few countries due to WWII but myself and many of my friends (around the same age of 30) admire greatly the German nation and the citizens.

They are thoughtful, organised, produce some amazing machinery, products and tech and there sense of humour is class.

However, the generation above me and one again are a little less positive. I put it down to the fact they lived through it and were completely surrounded by propaganda on all fronts for years - that type of full on brainwashing is not easy to clear.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well the jews declared war on hitler. So if every arab or what ever declared war on the USA. Woiuld they just let arab people wander arround the states? Or like hitler would they lock them up? As for the concentration camps. Brits bombed all night and the yanks bombed all day. Roads railways and boats. No way of getting supplys to camps ect. So do we send food to people who have declared war on you? or send it to your troops? Many of the people in the camps died from hunger. So who is to blame for it all? The jews who declared war on hitler? or the allies who bombed all the railways roads ect?
I dont know but I have met many germans and and I dont blame them.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Getting around to the BIG picture.

The Germanic tribes, for millenia prior to their involvement with the Roman Empire, during it and ever after, have always been a people who were proud of their military acumen. This does not involve only the present day country of Germany, but much of the territory surrounding it as well. They were fierce and fearless and remained so well into the 20Th century. That future conflicts may arise in the 21st is anybody's guess.

Vilification? Not so much, imho. More like a well-grounded caution than anything else.

Oh... I should add that a good part of my heritage is Germanic.

edit on 31/7/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Trying to remember the name of the guy who wrote 'the rise and fall of the third reich' wherein he states what I have typed above, read the book over thirty years ago........

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Ancient Germania and Germany are not one of the same. Germania was made of many different tribes of people at logger heads with eachother and fought their own battles.

The Germans are NOT the forefathers of many or most Caucasians at all. I think you have Saxony in mind? Saxony is an abrieviated name that comes from Issac or a Tribe of Issac. Lower Saxony was home to the Saxons and some "Anglo" Saxon clans but not all; they were forced to convert to Christianity and become part of the Roman Empire. Hence the downfall of the Roman Empire. Not all "tribes" of Issac (or Jacob) settled in Saxony.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now back to the Germans......

You intentionally left out the Jewish Holocaust and that of Germany Christians, Gypsies, Russians, etc. In fact if history is to be rewritten, what the Germans did to the Russians in the Nazi concentration camps was equally as bad if not worse than what the Germans did to the Jews.

I've met many Germans on my travels I could say I liked and regard as friends, I've met many other Germans with the same mentality as that of Germans and Nazis in WW2. I'm yet to meet an Austrian I like.

I don't believe the new generation of Germans are being vilified. However, it will be most interesting to watch what transpire 25 years from now when the Muslim population of Germany becomes a majority.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join