It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Are Germans Going To Be Vilified For?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just from the start, Iam not a German, nor married to a German...but was watching a movie on Satellite called "Blood Creek" from memory
it was a basically a movie about evil germans arriving in the USA prior to World War two and harnessing ancient Viking(Nordic) rune stones to supplement their occult beliefs and practices in order to dominate the world.
It just got me thinking albeit rustily about selective discrimination in the Western Media.
Lets all be honest here , no ethnic group or nation can be vilified these days which is how it should be, yet the german involvement in WW2 is revisited over and over and over and over ad nauseum.
It seemed to be in this movie that ancient Nordic religious beliefs and WW2 Germans were being once again roasted before the self rigteous fires of Hollywood?
Imagine being a german today?
Does anyone realise how many of the germanic women were raped brutally by the invading Allies?
How many women and men were murdered by mainly Soviet victors?
Does anyone realise how much of Germany was reduced to rubble?
Does anyone care?
The answer I have concluded is no.
Millions of dead and raped germans is nothing.
We have to keep rubbing their noses in the dirt sixty six years on.
Yes the germans sinned /erred/committed atrocities, but the majority of the perpertrators are dead...we are vilifying their children and grandchildren and great grand children.

How long are we going to vilify a nation?
They the Germans are many Brits/Americans/Australians/Canadians/New Zealanders/ French/Dutch peoples forefathers, how long do we need them to be demonised by Hollywood for?
Vilification laws should protect all, not just the few?
It is breathtakingly disgusting.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Dr Expired because: clarity and speiling

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

As long as it takes.
Just kidding, I'm a holocaust denier and I'm totally down with Germany. Some of us don't buy the WWII propaganda but unfortunately we are branded racist for going against the mainstream.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The same amount of time that jews will be the victim and blacks who had nothing to do with slavery continue to play the card. It's a joke. People don't want eqaulity because when you give it to them, it's never enough. They need to be center stage on a pedestal and will always blame someone else for their own adversity.

They want to be F'n GODS.

I forgive the nazis. I understand the negative of the war but they also contributed some of the best technological advancments ever. My favorite is the Assalt rifle.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yeah, but the new bad guys now are Muslims....I think the only reason the "Nazi" is being dredged up today is because we are being tightly controlled here in the US....and it reminds us of early Nazi Germany.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Revealation
The same amount of time that jews will be the victim and blacks who had nothing to do with slavery continue to play the card. It's a joke. People don't want eqaulity because when you give it to them, it's never enough. They need to be center stage on a pedestal and will always blame someone else for their own adversity.

They want to be F'n GODS.

I forgive the nazis. I understand the negative of the war but they also contributed some of the best technological advancments ever. My favorite is the Assalt rifle.

Wow....so you forgive the Nazis....and you hate jews and blacks? You can't stereotype everyone. And your post seems a bit silly.
edit on 30-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think many mainstream countries confuse NAZI with Germans. It's kind of like associating slaves with black people, words put a picture into place in many heads.

Nazis haven't gone anywhere but underground for the most part, the kids playing Nazis are just arch criminals mimicking something they saw.
edit on 30-7-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just because the Nazis are a popular historical topic doesn't mean people can't distinguish between them and German people today.

That's not "vilification".

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I always thought the hate was strange given all the Germans went through during and after the war. They bled and suffered the most but it was the other party that was the most hateful and sore. And after all they did to Germany, it seems they didn't find satisfaction. Its just absurd.

However, my impression is that the current Anglo-American system that controls most of the world found their WWII propaganda incredibly useful to control their population. The demonization of Germans might not go away until the entire system collapses.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well to be honest Iam not a Holocaust denier and with all respect to those who have replied so far, don't want this thread to be a outlet for such absurd views.

This is about a branding of an entire nation and their descendants by a supposed liberal media, who purport they believe in human rights.
Stalin murdered millions upon millions, many still undug.
Yet how many references to the murderous Stalinists ie Communists doe we see on Hollywood movies?
Its time we allow the next generatrion of Germans to be free from the gulit of their fathers and ie a minority of fathers.
Meanwhile the punisment for the Soviet communist conspirators was an absolution by the recent Hollywood attack on Mcarthyism.

The real conspiracies are seldom as plain as this.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That's just American culture as a whole. I would say that Russians get it worse. It's just the type of Hollywood nonsense that plays well into certain plots being that Americans view these country's people as our enemy. Nobody could ever be "better" than Americans. Hollywood perpetuates the myth, it grows, we want more, they put out more. Just circular nonsense.

It's a problem of people in this country not knowing their history. Just stupid, lazy Americans.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Whatever you do, don't mention the war.
Just a bit of classic comedy to help your day.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Yeah you hit the G spot there as far as comedy goes, as a teen I remember rolling in laughter at that the first of twenty times I have seen it.
But it ultimately was sympathetic and earnest to the Germans of the seventies, now some thirty five yeras or so after Fawlty Towers we have movie after movie referencing Germans as Demons.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinSee

I never said I hated anyone, You chose those words.I'm just pointing out facts. Stereotypes are for a reason. the majority of most races and religions follow their culture so they act a certain way. Is this not true?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Embertail
Just because the Nazis are a popular historical topic doesn't mean people can't distinguish between them and German people today.

That's not "vilification".

Ok tell that to the many victims of genocide throughout history who were butchered by the descendants of the wronged many years later, hate is fuellled and kept burning by hand me down stories, narrated by those who lust after power via revenge.
It should ne made mandatory that no further vilification be allowed via Hollywood against Germans.
No vilification against anyone, regardless of creed or religion, nor ideaology.
This must be the ultimate aim of a multi cultural society.
We are all equal before God.
Say no to selective vilification of nations or peoples.
One world one people.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I dont think present day Germans are being vilified, remember the citizens of the time had no choice in what the Nazi party did.

So i dont think they are being vilified anymore as present day people, however what happened in the past should never be forgotten in the hope that it never happens again.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Mmm, but is this concept consisitent?
Truly consistent, or does it just apply to those who have wronged those who are now in control?
Ask the muslim victims of the former Yugoslavia , what difference that made to the murderers a sthe UN stood by .
Do we logically think those with generational brain washing will differentate?
Nay.... it will be permissible.
Ask all the genocidal victims about how the haters discriminated and spared them ...oh no sorry they are dead.
Propaganda is all about us , movies like Blood Creek are not accidental.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I do not know if you are serious or not. Nobody blames modern Germany (and people who live there). But in 1939 Nazi Germany started WW2 that ended in mountains of dead and in ruined Germany, just to remind you. This is pretty bad thing, don't you agree? So a fictional movie about "bad" Germans in 1930s/40s is a bit pale in comparison with the historical fact of starting WW2 as far as vilifying goes.
Don't forget the movie that vilifies modern Germans - Big Lebowski. Boooo.

Oh,by the way - where did you hear about mass rapes by allies?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

As in Alies "Soviets" it is documented by most Historians and oh millions of German eye witnesses ie victims.
Read about the true events of the first few weeks of German occupation and the fate of millions of Germans.
Learning is about seeking, avoid the hate sites and the lies, just research waht truly happened to the Germans who survived the mass bombings , tit for tat...and that is the point of this thread.
No one no group should be the subject of popular media vilification.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

As in Alies "Soviets" it is documented by most Historians and oh millions of German eye witnesses ie victims.

Soviets were not part of Allies. Not that the allies were saints, but there are historical facts that are pretty basic and if you are interested in the period have to be known.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The difference is that the Soviets did not try to take over the world twice in a very short period of time. All that suffering Germany did happened because of their actions. The allies didn't wake up one day and decide to go murder and rape germans. They forced us to come over there and though the allies commited crimes they did not have the genocide that Germany was practicing.

Even Stalins murderous events were not aimed at a group of people as much as it was preconceived threats his insane mind dreamt up so that's your difference.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Oh Ok the Soviets were not allied with the Brits and the Americans/Australians/NZ/Canadians ect against the Germans?
There was no Alliance?
or are we talking semantics?
This is a thread about vilification of an entire race based on the actions of a murderous dictatorship that silenced all enemies within its borders in conjunction with the barbarity it showed the Poles of both jewish and christian creeds.

Its about healing through truth.
We cannot indoctrinate our children about multi culturiasm benefits whilst targetting a race forever through the media and endless snide derisive demonising diatribe against the German nation before and during WW2.

It is unfair and unbalanced.

Lets lay the ghosts of that war to rest, lets learn from the future, no one has the right to demonise or vilify a ethnic group of peoples, because of past hatreds and predudices.

To move forward as a species we need to go forward and harvest peace , not look back and collect hatred?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join