It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say goodbye to even more of your privacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
House panel approves broadened ISP snooping bill:

news.cnet.com...

Its just more proof that the USA is no longer the land of the free.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I believe this has already been posted numerous times.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well once I get done lining the bathroom walls with tin foil, I can sit on my floor naked and scream "I am the queen of the world!" See ? I have some privacy! Gubmit can't see me naked.........at least not yet.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is just like the gun restriction bills. The law abiding citizens will be the ones being monitored\restricted, while the criminals will just go to anonymous places such as the library\ Starbucks\ WiFi hot spots, etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Anything you say in writing; including searches, IMs, gaming chats, etc., can and will be used against you if need be. We are already seeing this now with court cases. next step everyone will be monitored, instead of just investigating(without warrant via E-mail) people who are investigated by the law, it is very likely it will be added to other factors such as into background checks by employers, no to mention easier ways for them to advertise to their consumers(you and me).

Welcome to Korperate Amerikka(sorry, had to do a pun on an earlier thread ).
edit on 30-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Well once I get done lining the bathroom walls with tin foil, I can sit on my floor naked and scream "I am the queen of the world!" See ? I have some privacy! Gubmit can't see me naked.........at least not yet.

Er, would we want to see you naked? Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sure, they can require ISPs to log information, but who is going to slug through literally billions of records on millions of people. It's a literal logistical nightmare. There are also people in different countries using american servers, and vice versa, so let's toss in the jurisdictional aspect of prosecuting criminals overseas or in different countries.

However, there does seem to be a power grab to erode whatever privacy we still have. Grrr.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The goal here is probably to form psych profiles on internet users to have automatic notification of red flags and "hazardous" personalities. It'll be just another form of profiling and it will probably be able to be used to obtain search warrants. It's simply unnecessary.

Oh, to the naked screamed, they can technically see everything you do if they want to.
I'm sure people dont like to hear about haarp at this point but the mobile haarp station is basically a giant x-ray machine that has the capability to determine size, spin, velocity, and location of a baseball sized object in san Francisco from the east coast of the US. You cannot hide anymore, anywhere.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadys321

and I didn't see it and I'm sure alot of others didn't see it either, so one more time wont hurt now will it?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Im sure they already have a program in place for it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
This is just like the gun restriction bills. The law abiding citizens will be the ones being monitored\restricted, while the criminals will just go to anonymous places such as the library\ Starbucks\ WiFi hot spots, etc.

And what does that tell you?

"Criminal" is just a word. It happens to be a word I embrace and I am proud to be called.

It bothers me to say it but the truth is you are better off these days being a criminal than a law abiding citizen. At the very least, if you admit you are criminal once you get busted it becomes easier to accept the consequences.

I am a criminal, and I am damn proud of it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They're basically playing the terrorism game with it.

The old game was, I'm ok with (insert outrageous idea that tramples peoples rights) if it keeps me safe from terrorism. It's the same idea but it's "I'm ok with destroying everyones privacy for the sake of the children"

I can play the game too. Lower income families tend to get knocked down and stay down in this country. People that come from them are pretty much screwed in life, I propose that in order to fix this, we only let successful families raise children. To put that in the spirit of the game:. I'm ok with forcing sterilization on low class families for the sake of the children.

Laws like this really make me want to get random people in my neighborhood red flagged as potential terrorists by making them go to suspicious websites and start ordering bad things in the mail. There has to be a legal way to hijack someones connection and use it for bad purposes just to give it media attention and point out how stupid our technology laws are.

Anyways, I just got 50 meg internet and I would rather use the neighbors 3 meg for privacy reasons, and I'm not even doing anything bad, it's simply the principal of the matter. Thank you congress.

top topics

join