It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would you want to make a "Rival" on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Im not new to ATS but i dont understand why somebody would want to make a rival of another contributer of wisdom/insite.

Why is this?

Maybe its just me that thinks its a little strange that people would want to do this sort of thing.

Would be nice if someone could explain why this option is open to members when i thought that we were ment to be working together to uncover,debunk and help one another.

Why do we have the Rival's option?

EDIT-Mods-Thankyou for moving this thread to the right area
edit on 30-7-2011 by EpicKingy because: was in never ever land

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EpicKingy

to remind yourself who you hate i guess?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

more of a " person makes me think and question things I haven't thought of before" Just because someone is your rival it doesn't mean the are your enemy.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

to remind yourself who you hate i guess?

Yeah, pretty sad isn't it? There are people with whom I disagree completely, there are people who have made ME a "respected foe," but I have never felt the need to do that with anyone. It's pretty childish if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Very childish to call/class someone as your rival just because you dont agree with their theory/views.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
have you read the rivals list description?

its probably the biggest compliment one can get in ats.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

the only people who have ever ended up on my rivals list are the ones who slang out the "if you don't bend over for jesus you're going to hell" crowd...or the "if you don't listen to what i'm saying you're the devil"

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I just dont believe why people would make you a "rival" due to your beliefs.

Thought ATS would stand and rise above all of that BS.......guess not

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Lets break this down.. I am a atheist.. By choice Christians chose to "not like my posts" if i have to put it kindly.. They tend to get bent out of shape.. and throw me on there rival list.. Like i could give a damn..

My rival list is empty.. But don't think for a second that I have not made it to the top of many "other" users lists.. I speak my mind, I speak the truth, And some members with "questionable intelligence" can not accept it..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

have you read the description of what the rival on ATS is?

Different people take the meaning of rival differently...you can choose whether to use it or not...people will still be people on ATS...we aren't gods...

heck...thinking about it...even gods had rivals...so i take that part back

edit on 30-7-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Me too. I don't why I was made a rival when I never spoke to the person, I even made the attempt to find out why. But, got a childish answer. To each their own I guess. No skin off my back unless the Aliens take it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am not sure of the motivations, but I know a lot of people add me as a rival!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

more of a " person makes me think and question things I haven't thought of before" Just because someone is your rival it doesn't mean the are your enemy.

The way I look at it is....a rival is someone who i agree to disagree with...but I still respect them as a contributing member of this website...and I don't hate them or think of them as an enemy...and sometimes they do help me to think outside of the box...(so to speak).
edit on 30-7-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I am not sure of the motivations, but I know a lot of people add me as a rival!

Speak of the devil:

"This is an automated U2U to let you know that __________ has just added you to their respected foe list in their myATS Extended Profile, which is a new social networking feature of ATS. "

Another one!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
its really simple a rival is not an enemy. however you do need a rival to have a debate and isn't that really what this site is about? debating theories and whacko hypothesis?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That was for the lulz though.

Nothing serious.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here on ATS, it used to be that when you logged in, you would get a personalized pop window. It would tell you if your friends or rival have started new threads, so you could go and check them out. It would also tell you if your threads were active.

I kinda miss that feature. It made me feel special.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Maybe change it from "rival" to" Terrorist'
It's sort of more relevant in todays society
And you can add stars according to their threat level

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Considering we are all friends here trying to find the answers to what ever we want to no.

i Still dont understand why a "rival* option would be needed.

Seems a little childish."what ever u say to me sticks 2 u like gloe" ball#

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Your right. This is a place to let it all be hang out. A place to be free to exercise ones own beliefs. No matter how out there or solid.

Personally, I enjoy other peoples point of view. It allows me to expand my own counsciousness. Also helps to guide me when I don't have firm paradigm constructs in a particular matter. I love other folks point of view.

Sometimes I don't agree and I get testy. There is nothing wrong with a healthy debate. Even if heated. Love it all here on ATS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join