It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAIHUANO - The Chilean Roswell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I tried the search engine for "Chilean Roswell" and "Paihuano", and seems there aren't matching results (maybe I'm wrong?). So I thought sharing this info could be relevant.

The situation of shock began to take shape around 1600 hrs on Wednesday, October 7, 1998 among the inhabitants of Paihuano. Until then, the village was a peaceful place, quiet and rest. Suddenly, many people watched and others told them that a strange element in shades of gray and orange band had "descended" on the hill The Mollacas, splitting in two.

www.elobservatodo.cl...

UFO Crash/Retrievals in Chile
Raúl Núñez, Año Cero No.06-119 (Reprinted on UFO Area)
original source | fair use notice
Summary: On October 7, 1998 at 15:45 hours, residents of Paihuano, a small village in Valle de Elquí (Chile) underwent an extraordinary experience which keep its 2,500 residents on the edge of their seats.

On October 7, 1998 at 15:45 hours, residents of Paihuano, a small village in Valle de Elquí (Chile) underwent an extraordinary experience which keep its 2,500 residents on the edge of their seats. A flying object described as having a metallic color and measuring some 15 meters across remained motionless over the Las Mollacas hill, from which the entire town could be seen.
The object began to rise and abruptly made a sudden turn that split it in two before the awestruck witnesses. One part of the object fell on hill's peak and the other behind it. Accounts collected on the field by this correspondent among the many persons who witnessed the uncanny event lead us to consider the following events:
a) the object witnessed was metallic (silvery)
b) the sun's rays reflected off its structure, aiding its visibility
c) Its shape was elongated
d) it remained on the summit of the hill throughout the afternoon of Wednesday the 7th, Thursday the 8th and Friday the 9th, when it was removed by personnel in uniform
e) all of the townsfolk, including mayor Lorenzo Torres, witnessed the event
f) earthquakes were registered after the object fell to the ground
g) electric blackouts covered the entire region
h) radio and TV broadcasts throughout Paihuano, Pisco Elquí and Monte Grande (two neighboring towns) were disrupted.

Here is when it gets interesting :

A Military Operation

Military personnel did not restrict its investigation to the residents of Paihuano -- it extended the operation to cover the neighboring towns of Pisco Elquí and Monte Grande, aside from "combing" nearby hills to expel the local muleteers. This correspondent's investigation, conducted jointly with military analyst and local researcher Roderick Bowen, was able to ascertain that local hotels reported an increase in the demand for lodging by U.S citizens who in all instances claimed to be tourists.

On Friday, October 9, several eyewitnesses described the arrival of trucks bearing uniformed personnel. Residents of the sector nearest the hill, including the goatherds who customarily make use of secondary alternative routes, were issued orders to refrain from ascending the hill and to stay away from the location.

A goatherd who was in the rear of Las Mollacas, and who will not state his name for fear of reprisals, claims having seen the arrival of unmarked helicopters. These vehicles worked tirelessly from midnight until the early hours of Friday the 9th to hoist the object on metallic nets. It was subsequently installed in containers which were dragged to the positions occupied by large trucks belonging to the armed forces.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Hopely this case haven't been discussed here yet, otherwise.....you know Mods, not the first time and maybe won't be the last neither.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Somebody told me last link didn't work, just in case....here :

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
sounds like a meteor to me. they break up and split in the atmosphere, and they usually glow orange right? now that it hovered and turned, you'd have to take that on the witnesses' word.

the reason why roswell stood out was because there was so much cover up and speculation about what actually happened.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well this is a new one to me. Strange how i've never heard of it before.

You would think that there would of been news coverage of such an event if the object was there for two or three days? Especially with 2000+ witnesses. Hmmmm...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
the reason why roswell stood out was because there was so much cover up and speculation about what actually happened.

Seems that it actually was a militar - gov cover up here too.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7

This thread have 2 days already and most of members didn't noticed. See, it's important only if happens in USA or Europe, otherwise nobody pay attention.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by iksose7

This thread have 2 days already and most of members didn't noticed. See, it's important only if happens in USA or Europe, otherwise nobody pay attention.

this thread has 2 days already???
theres 17 hours between your first and last post

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Well, I meant it was the second day by the time of that post. Didn't count the hours... lol

....but technically, you are right

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

This is a good story and I'm going to look into it a bit more and see what I can dredge up. Don't worry about getting replies at first. Theres so many things going on in the world right now that it's easy for a thread to get necro'd among all of the political madness and war stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Thanks, I tried to find some youtube videos talking about this event, but all are in spanish without closed caption.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That's a good start but I've found that Youtube is generally unreliable. There may be some people who know more about this I'm scouring for some documents. I've found links to Weekly World News which isn't good at all. It very well may be a hoax. I'll get back to you.

edit on 8/1/2011 by ShAuNmAn-X because: 123456789

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm willing to call hoax after the the whole WWN bit. Sorry bud but Other than that All I'm finding is the same info from your source on different sites plus weekly world news.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My question is could this have been released by the Chilean government? Because I have heard they did release I ton of stuff that hasn't made it to US eyes.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I found this article where CEFAA (Direccion General de Aeronautica Civil de Chile - Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena) and the Tololo Observatory in Chile discuss about the incident. The observatory tried to debunk the incident. That means the observatory recongnized something really happens, no matter what it was.

The El Tololo observatory specifically stated that the phenomenon was caused by a weather balloon out of control that had fallen into the Mollacas. However, Gustavo Rodriguez, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation and Secretary of the Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena (CEFAA), made ​​it clear that there was no information about the launch of a balloon in the area, since any such action type should be notified 48 hours in advance.

I apologize if the sources I found are in spanish, but seems there were no english media coverage. I'll try to find more info.

Regarding this case, I would like to investigate more before I can call it hoax or real. The same info quoted here can be found in the links of the first quote I did.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Yeah, I got to recognize there isn't to much information to add here. I got friends close to Chile, I'll try to ask them.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Will do more digging tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

join