It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think "The Rich" Aren't Paying There Fair Share"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

my point was the rich arent paying as high of a % as poor/middle america thats why you wont see a flat tax where everyone pays the same tax % especialy corporations. the tax differance between 30k and 300k just makes it harder to become more sucessfull while the rich hide behind very legal tax shelters/strategies. the uber wealthy have no need to break the law or use a vague loopholes, the tax laws have been written to protect them and their wealth, of course you and i have the same right to buy a corupt politician and write the laws in our favor its totaly fair.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so i hear that all the time on this board and i offer the something to ponder and i am going to use the lottery to either prove or disprove the urban myth.

everyone has heard of the powerball its projected jackpot tonite is $133,000 dollars

so if you take the cash option which is $69,800,000 that what you get right?

well not so fast after federal and state taxes you lose half that which leaves you with around $34,450,000 million dollars after taxes.

over $30 million in taxes before you ever see a dime.

so tell me agian who isnt paying their fair share?
edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

General electric paid no taxes last year.

What do you have to say about tax loopholes?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If you really at it, it's because we aren't given a chance to move ahead. We're stuck here because of all the taxes we have to pay. WE are the hardworking people. WE do the back breaking jobs. I completely understand what you're trying to say, but really, they have more to spare than we (the middle/lower) class have.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ineffable2
Here are the facts!
www.youtube.com...
The super rich contribute nothing! They bet on our productivity and creativity. That is how they make "their" money by living a parasitic existence on our productivity and creativity.
edit on 31-7-2011 by ineffable2 because: (no reason given)

happy to see some still do have intelligence to understand the game, the greed game !!!
this should be shown to the average US citizen, to tea party puppets so their brain can finally (?) understand what really is going on, not their manipulation by the neo-con powers telling them it is Obama's fault or whatever ......
Bush, Reagen, Thatcher, these are the destroyers of our human society !!
Neo-capitalism, neo-cons, corporatism is their work !!! it kills our humanity more and more and makes us SLAVES of their market !!!! not slaves of the State, slaves of their economic/financial game !!
I AM ANGRY !! ANGRY AGAINST THOSE ONES DESTROYING OUR WORLD, OUR HUMANITY, OUR OCEANS, OUR NATURE ( Monsanto and other BP nature killers ), JUST FOR GREED OF ALWAYS MORE AND MORE $$$$$ AND POWER ....... THIS HAS TO STOP MAN !!!! LET US TAKE BACK OUR WORLD AND MAKE IT AA BETTER PLACE FOR ALL GODS CHILDREN !!!!!!!!!!! PEACE.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by neo96

awful analogy

what is being discussed is capital gains taxes, which are 15%. most americans pay double that for their regular salary
edit on 31-7-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

should be at least 30 % !!!!! Best 40 % to help the country recover !!
normal people in Europ that are working hard to try to live a decent life do pay 40 to 50 % income tax !!
they have to work for it !!
here they get it for free let's say, because it's their big amounts of money that give them those big intrests even higher than a working man/woman monthly income

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

nice man, you made me laugh !!!! really a good one, a good moment !

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
To be honest...the people that aren't 'paying their fair share' are those: not working, living off welfare/unemployedsoaking the system, that thinks the 'system' owes them something. This is just ANOTHER example of people that ARE paying their 'fair share', getting reamed; and people that aren't doing ANYTHING, getting freebies. And you wonder why the big companies are leaving, to go elsewhere? Really???

Maybe, what you need to do, is cut off those food stamps and government cheese, and FORCE people to work! Do something other than sitting on your arse all day, while other people are busting their hump to feed your sorry arse! WORK! Since the government and companies are paying these spongers...they might as well get their money's worth. There's roads that need to be fixed, and garbage that needs to be picked up; and communiies that need rebuilding. You want free food and free money, EARN IT!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Oh, and all those people in prison, gettin' free room and board....time to work the chain gang! "Swing lo, sweat chariot!"

hahahahahaha etc ..... hey man, are you dreaming or what ??? so you want a fascist or communist society where you can FORCE the people to go to work where you want them, the time you want them, on the place where you want them to go, from place top place to force them to work ...... come on, think a bit real .....
let's say you can give them a job to build roads : but who will pay those workers then ?? the US State ?? lots of right wing neo-cons and Tea Puppets etc. want less and less State, but here you want to REINFORCE the State's interventions that will create a new kind of real slaves .... with no money left to pay them ( deficit - Bush tax cuts ... )
Please think about it before telling - if you want less State please do not on the other side want more systems to control the people .... and look for MONEY ( State money ) to pay all those slave workers ....

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join