It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think "The Rich" Aren't Paying There Fair Share"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

the only thing that anyone has to get straight here is im evil for thinking peope should keep what they earn

instead of taxing other people who do not use social services such as social security medicare and medicaid.

and that is a personal stock porfolio when my main picks where all those things people hate on

big oil,big banks some tech with a diversification in precious metals gold silver and platinum picked alot of gold up at 325 and ounce.

the financial crisis wasnt a crisis it was a buying opportunity at rock bottom prices.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sir_slide

why are you on ats?

for the life i dont get why posters stalk and get obsessed with other posters

Not the one claiming to be a billionaire buddy

ahahah stalk. Why in the world would I bother? I just noticed that you have made an alarmingly large amount of posts in a rather short time, just thought that you billionaires would have better things to do.......

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

how skewed can it be when 1 % of this countries population is paying everything else for that other 99%

when their gone? oh where oh where does that cash come from.

You are obviously delusional and as has been pointed out by Buster, a liar.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by incrediblelousminds

whose prentending here? the dude who is hiring 10 people thinks raising taxes is a good idea?

I did not say 'raising taxes is a good thing', although it's an arguable position, to be sure.

I am merely countering your silly claims that the top 1% of wealth holders in the us pay a 'fair share'., or that they 'create all the jobs' as you have claimed several times.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

I believe you may be mistaken about my stance. I am not defending the big businesses and monopoly corporations that horde wealth, quite the contrary. I stand against the government regulations and taxation that put an unfair burden on small businesses, while providing tax credits, contracts and subsidies to help big businesses maintain their monopolies.

Simply increasing taxes on these small amount of businesses and individuals does not solve the problem, it will only exacerbate it over time. The more regulation you force on businesses, the harder it becomes to stay competitive, and that creates the non-competitive environment that we see today. More and more companies go out of business, creating more unemployment and more reliance on government assistance, thus requiring more taxes and even more regulation on business which keeps the cycle going. It is unsustainable, and will fail in the long run. This obviously isn't the only variable in the equation, but it is a primary contributing factor.

The big businesses have the money to lobby congress to vote in favor of their own interests...this is fact. This is also the problem. However, just raising their taxes doesn't eliminate this problem. Only limiting government intervention in economy can solve this problem, and raising taxes on anyone is the opposite of limiting government.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

some people dont like to waste their cash on meaningless trivial things that never brings any amount but a fleeting satisfaction.

other worthwhile pursuits that to just be tanning on a sunskeer predator 130 or riding around on a lear cititation x.

a fool and his money are soon parted and when theres no money lefts hes just a fool

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

hello how old am i? lot can change in 20 years

You failed to reveal that when you were asked earlier. I'm guessing 19

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

yeah im a liar because you and buster say so

didnt bother reading that did you

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If I were rich, I can say I wouldn't mind paying more taxes at all. I'd be happy to be rich, so I would give back as much as I could. I guess once you're rich that changes though, and you become greedy. That's my guess anyway. They should probably take heed of the current public anger, we're the foundation that keep their lifestyles going.

ETA: If income wasn't taxed, instead purchases were, it may level the tax field a bit.
edit on 31-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

HELLO september 28th 1970 would make me 19

ok

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

some people dont like to waste their cash on meaningless trivial things that never brings any amount but a fleeting satisfaction.

other worthwhile pursuits that to just be tanning on a sunskeer predator 130 or riding around on a lear cititation x.

a fool and his money are soon parted and when theres no money lefts hes just a fool

Ok so you are a billionaire that spends most of his spare time posting on ATS because you do not want to be parted with your money and yet you benefited from COBRA and Workman's comp?

I really need to understand how that works out in the real world.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

are people this ignorant? 20 years ago

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok, but thats not income through a business. If you are a corporation, you would not pay a fraction of what you state on that amount of income, as an individual you wouldnt. The problem is not the idea of being rich, the problem is 1 percent that owns 60 percent of the wealth of the country and games the system entirely in their favor at the expense of everyone else. Ok, I will submit this question to you. Who is going to get a better deal from the govt, a guy who makes 50 K a year working in a factory, or a billionaire who can hire lobbyists to get what they want? Who will the govt side with? Be honest in your answer. How can we have a democracy with that system in operation?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

how can we have a democracy taking from others because people think its the right thing to do

they call that mob rule.
edit on 31-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

are people this ignorant? 20 years ago

Apparently. Looking at your thread has astounded me with the level of ignorance on display.
Could you perhaps respond with a full sentence? Something that makes sense?

You are worth over a billion dollars and you spend almost 24 hours a day on ATS and you benefited from government provided financial support?

"20 years ago."

Uh....ok. If the whole post is too much to handle in one shot, take two tries at it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by openminded2011

how can we have a democracy taking from others because people think its the right thing to do

they call that mob rule.
edit on 31-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

nothing you type ever has any bearing in reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think being rich is all in how you view things. You can be rich without having money if you have true appreciation of all to the things in your life and the fact that you are alive... that is rich.

As for taxes, the lower class pays none, the middle class pays way too much, and the upper class pay some. I say make budget cuts of things like studying how many mold spores fit on the head of a pin, and give the middle class a much needed tax break. And quit sending money overseas when we are in need ourselves.

If the US doesn't take care of itself first, then it won't be around or able to help anyone else. It's that simple.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

always on connection and i never turned off my computer guess noone bothers to read time and date stamps on here.

from my vantage theres a clear lack of reading and comprhension skills on this site.

and for the reading imparied whats the title of the thread ?

link   
Funny thing. There is not likely anyone here on ATS that would be considered the "Rich". Middle class people who vote for republicans because they think they are keeping their own taxes low are well, misiformed...if your middle class and voting for a Tea Partier your hurting yourself. lol. You think the tea part is hear to save your middle class income from tax? Nope its not.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Please quote the part of the thread where you posted your age earlier because I must have missed it.

Oh I read it, I just didn't think you'd try to prove your wealth by name dropping some expensive items. While I agree there are far more important things in life than lear jets, your response seems kinda phony.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join