It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Club 27: Amy Winehouse joins the club of famous musicians to who died at age 27

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I came across this article and found it interesting that so many famous musicians have died at the age of 27. Including Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, and now, Amy Winehouse. Not that I would put Amy Winehouse in the same class as these legends, but it seems strange.

Jimi Hendrix

Autopsy showed he asphyxiated on vomit after combining sleeping pills with wine. He was a Pioneering electric guitarist, singer and songwriter for The Jimi Hendrix Experience and Band of Gypsys. His age was 27 years & 295 days old and he died on September 18, 1970.

Janis Joplin

TextShe died of a probable heroin overdose..She was a lead vocalist and songwriter for Big Brother and the Holding Company, The Kozmic Blues Band and Full Tilt Boogie Band. Her age was 27 years & 258 days old and she died on October 4, 1970.

Jim Morrison

His cause of death listed as “heart failure”; however, no autopsy was ever performed. He was the lead singer, songwriter and video director for The Doors.. His age was 27 years & 207 days old and he died on July 3, 1971.

Kurt cobain

He was the founding member, lead singer, guitarist and songwriter for Nirvana. His age was 27 years & 44 days old and he committed suicide on April 5, 1994.

Strange coincidence, don't you think?

Here is the link: usahitman.com...[/url]

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Those other dead performers must be rolling over in their graves. Amy Winehouse should never be put into a group alongside any of the other musicians on that list. What's she do besides having a very brief period of popstar fame with one song that was about how she wouldn't go to rehab. Then she died.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have a joke for this.. But it would be distasteful and all of that garbage.. Kinda like her "career".

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have a joke for this....People want to lump Amy's drug problem into the world of conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

I was hoping someone would take the time to point this out
Biography (a few days ago) was running ... biographies of all these
I fail with words sometimes, so I didn't bother to post it

I bet there are more than just those mentioned
I'd like to see them join the list - not just musicians
that would've been the premise of my thread

maybe some posters in your thread can think of others, when they're not so busy making Amy Winehouse jokes.

I found this list 20 Notable People who died at the age of 27

Includes Andrew Cunanan, Andres Escobar, Jonathan Brandis, Steve Olin, Henry Moseley, Joseph Merrick, Pope John XII, and several others (also includes our original OP names)
edit on 30-7-2011 by Forevever because: i edited

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You have to take into account that age 27 is a reasonable age to become successful in the music business with unlimited access to drugs and no responsibility. It's not surprising this age stands out. I'm sure there are quite a few that die in their mid to late 20's from drug use.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I actually agree

When I saw the age of 27 being noted, first person came to my mind was Heath Ledger, but he was only 22.... then I was thinking Monroe... she made it to 36 - so while I do find the age 27 interesting - it leaves out rememberance for some amazing people who also died young.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

Very talented and I really liked her music. If they make a movie about her fast and furious life I wonder who they might get to play her part? Adam Sandler would be a good choice.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
pigpen, from the grateful dead was 27 as well

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Don't forget the 5th Beetle was 27 when they died

top topics

join