It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to Live Forever? Stay in School.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by MasterGemini

How do you know?

Simple extrapolation from present conditions makes it quite clear. It is naive to assume human nature is going to change; history records no instances of such a change. Even extrapolation is unnecessary, however, if one is simply blessed with good taste and a sense of proportion.

All the old people over 100 seem to love being alive.

That does not mean they should be.

LoL, really have you ever heard of evolution? Yea nothing is going to change. . . . . right.

I guess I was never blessed with good taste and a sense of proportion.

I will send some positive energy out your way when I meditate later.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I have heard of evolution. It acts very slowly. Too slowly to have made any change in human nature over the past fifty thousand years or so. We remain as greedy, as violent, as selfish and as eager to trade in tomorrow for today as we have always been – and as all animals are. This will not change just because people start living longer. People already do live longer – on average, over twice as long as they used to a thousand years ago – and it has made no change to our nature at all.

Enjoy your meditation session. I hope you know in which direction to broadcast the good vibes.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by LiquidLight

Money wouldn't matter at all. Say someone developed a pill that would grant you immortality, they'd need to make one for every human on Earth, because those that don't get one would be livid... especially if they saw all the "rich bastards" we're getting theirs. The fear of death and a desire for immortality are two traits most humans probably share. Why do you think people are so obsessed with vampires? I bet it isn't the blood-drinking they're interested in.
edit on 7/30/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

I would not care if I did not receive these medicines.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

I have heard of evolution. It acts very slowly. Too slowly to have made any change in human nature over the past fifty thousand years or so. We remain as greedy, as violent, as selfish and as eager to trade in tomorrow for today as we have always been – and as all animals are. This will not change just because people start living longer. People already do live longer – on average, over twice as long as they used to a thousand years ago – and it has made no change to our nature at all.

Enjoy your meditation session. I hope you know in which direction to broadcast the good vibes.

Well if you hate life and living so much then don't take the treatment.

I know wacky idea right? Who would have thought there was such a simple solution to your problem?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I guess it really depends on your views about life and death. If you believe that there is something better waiting for you on the other side, then I suppose you probably wouldn't want to. But I, and many others like me, personally doubt the possibility of life after death. I'm not saying that death would be a bad thing (you wouldn't experience it, after all. You'd just stop being), but there's so much more out there to experience; 100 years doesn't seem nearly long enough for the human experience... Imagine, one day we may conquer faster than light travel and colonize other planets, and meet other denizens of the universe. That's something I definitely would want to be a part of.

I agree that it does depend on one's views about life and death. I, personally, believe in reincarnation to some degree so, you see, I already think we are immortal. Just not in the same "clothes" for the entire time. To me, this vision of never, ever dying is so dreary and boring - not because of the current state of the world or because of pessimism but because of never getting to view the world from completely different circumstances.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think this technology already exists and it won't ever be made public.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I love life. I embrace it with all my heart. That is precisely why the thought of living for ever is so repugnant to me.

Perhaps one day you will understand this; I hope so, because if you die without doing so, it will be a sign that your life has been thoroughly wasted.

edit on 2/8/11 by Astyanax because: of an S.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Like any new technology it would start out expensive but the price would drop.

But see, people need to die.

Just imagine the ramifications upon the global population if some people insisted on living forever. It would create problems in the job market for future potential employees. New legislation would have be drafted, implemented. Could the government simply ask people to die?

Extended lifepspans involves a whole myriad of expenses and legalities.

That being said, if I could live far beyond my natural life span with the aid of technology, I definitely would. F*** the police.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join