It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News, Predictions, Updates - Super Typhoon Muifa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Link to Wundermap - Current state of the storm
Link

7/30/11 20:30 EST

I've seen this thing go from TS all the way now to a Cat 5 typhoon (same as a hurricane, just regional terminology) and now I'm interested just to see what will happen with this thing, given the strength it's built up to over the past couple of days. It hasn't moved all too much, and seems to be winding up to let loose somewhere.

If you have any news, predictions, or updates, please respond below.
edit on 7/30/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
At first, it looked to be heading towards Southern Japan, although now it's gained power and changed course, and is expected to go somewhere between Shanghai and Taiwan. If it continues it's change in direction to the West it may end up hitting Taiwan full on - just my opinion, from what I've seen.

Currently, it's no immediate threat to anyone, but the map gives us an estimate that it will expand in size, with sustained winds of 138 and 176 gusts by the time it gets between Japan and Taiwan which is estimated to be Aug 4 - as pictured above. Although it'll have weakened by that point, that's still a very large, and powerful storm. It looks as if parts of the Philippines is getting a little taste right now.
edit on 7/30/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

join