It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio expert needed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My wife picked up some Subliminal cd's to help her relax the other day and I want to know what they say for real not what the box says. Does any one have any idea how to do this? If so, what software is needed?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

It's a hoax and I'm sorry to say you got scammed. At any rate, any sort of audio software can layer audio over tracks which you can adjust to a lower volume relative to the original track. Stuff like Acid or Propellerhead or whatever kids are using these days.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Any sort of "audio production software" should work just fine. Plus there are tons on the net that are free. Once you install it, rip the audio from the CD and upload those audio files. The first thing I would do in the program is to cancel the phase of the stereo tracks. It is very easy to do. Then with that I would try speeding up and slowing down the audio. All is simple. The difficult part are the steps involved, a bit of patience and a relatively easy learning curve (with a basic free program).
Rip audio to PC/Mac
Convert file to WAV file.
RUN Audio program
Import WAV file into program
(You'll either have two mono tracks(stereo) OR one Stereo interleaved track)
Either way look for the feature on the channel or plug in..etc that allows you to flip the phase of the LEFT channel OR Channel 1. Or RIGHT ch, ch2. It doesn't really matter what channel you choose but it has to be one OR the other. Take it from there.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by SkipperJohn

It's a hoax and I'm sorry to say you got scammed. At any rate, any sort of audio software can layer audio over tracks which you can adjust to a lower volume relative to the original track. Stuff like Acid or Propellerhead or whatever kids are using these days.

Not necessarily. If it is a two channel mastered CD, you CANNOT re adjust the levels or EQ of the original multitrack. You CAN however alter frequency and Phasing causing things that you could not perceive that are present (subliminal) to appear.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stella Lotus

You're entirely correct. I misread the post and thought the OP wanted to make one. Thank you for correcting me.

OP, disregard my post but archive it if you want to make your own money. Also, my first sentence stands lol.
edit on 30-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

... Also, my first sentence stands lol.
edit on 30-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: spelling

Yeah most likely the case.
However Jimi hendrix's "Third Stone From The Sun" does have some subliminal stuff going on...and THAT is a good listen.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

That is what is says frequency's.

Thanks for your help with this. I am going subliminal hunting. heck you never know! they can tell you to go jump off a bridge for all we know.

Also I am a linux person do you have any recommendations for audio software?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hello, i use a program called Audacity for my paranormal research, and via this i am able to slow down, zoom in, speed up, listen to each of the two channels, change pitch and frequency etc. of the audios i record.

This program is free and works on windows if you run the windows system. I will provide you a link below, maybe you can copy onto yourPC the sound files of the CD you have, and have a play around and see if you can find what your looking for in the music or whatever.

Audacity

Its a very good software program.

Good luck.

Added it is also for Linux and Mac, via the download section.
edit on 30-7-2011 by BlackDove because: Above.

edit on 30-7-2011 by BlackDove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackDove
Hello, i use a program called Audacity...

Good luck.

Yeah I would start there, and from what they say they have a Linux version. (Edit: Ahh your edit was faster then my edit.)
edit on 30-7-2011 by Stella Lotus because: above and above

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stella Lotus

Originally posted by BlackDove
Hello, i use a program called Audacity...

Good luck.

Yeah I would start there, and from what they say they have a Linux version. (Edit: Ahh your edit was faster then my edit.)
edit on 30-7-2011 by Stella Lotus because: above and above

LMAO.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

I got it. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

I got it. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey no prob big guy, i often wondered what messages are put on them CD's, if your wife becomes more randy over the coming days, shoot me a PM and let me know what box set it was will ya.

I might get some attention at home then.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Your right! how can I record my own! lol

I want it so say " I am your master and you will do what ever I say"

edit on 30-7-2011 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

Your right! how can I record my own! lol

I want it so say " I am your master and you will do what ever I say"

edit on 30-7-2011 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

LMAO, i might try and make my own now as well ha, ha. Must clean these evil thoughts entering my head now

Have fun.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Depending on who made these, picking out the subs is going to be near impossible, because they are layered over with white noise sometimes. However, if they are from a reputable company that really understands how subs work, then you may be able to rip it and pick some of them out.

I wouldn't worry too much about what's on them though. Reputable companies who send out quality products want repeat business. They don't like bad press.

And yes subs can most definitely work and be helpful when they are properly done. They are NOT a scam!
But there are plenty of scams out there in this genre.

top topics

join