It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Endless Mockeries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Jeez, I'm sorry I interpretted accusing some of my favorite living comedians of being hate-filled Satanists as not hateful. I have no idea how I misunderstood you.

I guess I stand corrected. Being offended can breed hate.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Solasis

Jeez, I'm sorry I interpretted accusing some of my favorite living comedians of being hate-filled Satanists as not hateful. I have no idea how I misunderstood you.

I guess I stand corrected. Being offended can breed hate.

Damnit XD You quoted me before I changed it to the more accurate reply. I'll add that back in so you don't look crazy. And a star for catching me out on some minor dishonesty.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

It wouldn't have been the first time you should've left it.

Although I sometimes make myself look crazier than anyone else can.

edit on 30-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by MasterGemini

There is no truth in science

By no means, do I mean to take your comment out of it's original context, but I absolutely agree.

NOT TRUE?
edit on 30-7-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

Did you read what I wrote at all? There is no truth from the scientific method as it can ONLY prove a theory wrong. Do you see the logic trap you fell in? If it has no truth its a lie? NO, it simple is limited to disproving things.

Nice try, next time think a bit more deeply about it before you start listing toys you want to buy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You got to admit it takes a certain train of thought to gapple that one up. I only got it because it's a mainline of defense for me.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

By no means, do I mean to take your comment out of it's original context, but I absolutely agree.

NOT TRUE?

Did you read what I wrote at all? There is no truth from the scientific method as it can ONLY prove a theory wrong. Do you see the logic trap you fell in? If it has no truth its a lie? NO, it simple is limited to disproving things.

Nice try, next time think a bit more deeply about it before you start listing toys you want to buy.

So your computer, refridgerator, automobile, flat screen TV, and the Hubble telescope, space shuttle, elemental table, nuclear power plants .........

NOT TRUE?

If your going to quote me, please don't edit my response to fit your infantile argument. These are not toys, they are scientific realities that we incorporate into our daily lives. They are true.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

NOT TRUE?

So your computer, refridgerator, automobile, flat screen TV, and the Hubble telescope, space shuttle, elemental table, nuclear power plants .........

NOT TRUE?

If your going to quote me, please don't edit my response to fit your infantile argument. These are not toys, they are scientific realities that we incorporate into our daily lives. They are true.

I did not edit anything.

What are you talking about? Tools begin as toys, and is really just semantics in the long run.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

that statement is entirely false. Was the scientific method then failed when peer review confirmed the theories of Jonas Salk, or Louis Pasteur? no the scientific method was used to examine the truth of their claims and thus became established scientific Fact. The scientific method has been integral in confirming every major medical, astrological, mathematical etc. theory ever devised.

scientific method has in fact been pivotal in proving positives throughout all sciences and history proves that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That's right, no one on earth gets mocked more, than the one true KING.

No one gets mocked more than Jesus? What about:

Hippies
Scientologists
Mormons
American Southerners
Canadians
Politicians
Celebrities
People of both genders
People of every race
Gay people
Jewish people
Stupid people
Smart people/nerds
Fat people
Paris Hilton
Richard Nixon
Bill Clinton

And really I could go on and on. I think on an ordered list Jesus would be pretty far down the list. It doesn't really matter because I'm sure The Simpsons (which say you watch) has made jokes that you laughed at that other people think are in poor taste. There's a lot of jokes about alcoholism throughout the run of The Simpsons. Alcoholism has effected a lot of people in a lot of horrible ways, but they make light of it.

Why aren't you bothered by all the jokes about alcoholism? Or poverty? or child abuse and neglect? Homer habitually STRANGLES Bart. Why isn't this post about all of those things?

As many creators of many comedy shows have pointed out: you can't say, "I don't want them to make jokes about Jesus because Jesus is personal to me...but all those other things are up for grabs!" if you want to watch a show like The Simpsons, because that thinking would mean that there is no Simpsons. They would never be able to make a single joke without worrying about offending someone.

Also, you need to look at the context of a joke. Sometimes it's just satire. Sometimes it says more about the person who is saying it. Home saying that god should've made the week an hour longer is a dumb thing to say. It's funny because it's stupid reasoning.

I don't think you need to grow a thicker skin, I just think you just need to watch different television shows.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

That's right, no one on earth gets mocked more, than the one true KING

To be fair, nobody else claims to be the son of God, be able to raise the dead, turn water into wine, or one fish into hundreds either..... Seriously though, it's funny to some. I'm thinking even Jesus would find it funny, when everyone's rushing around getting ready for Santa, while Jesus sits alone in front of his birthday cake, blows out his candle and sings, "Happy Birthday to me....Happy Birthday to me..." (South Park episode)....

There is one group that is STILL routinely made fun of relentlessly even more than Christians...and, you'll never hear any boycotts or complaints about it...

The middle class, white, American father.

In commercial after commercial, sit-com after sit-com, the American dad is portrayed as bumbling, uncaring, uncoordinated, and borderline retarded...and yet you never see them complain about it.

They are pretty much the only group one's considered "allowed" to make fun of anymore.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join