It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Endless Mockeries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Mods I know I have the right forum this time.

The Simpsons

Ok. The simposons is one I do watch and have even laughed at from time to time. However I must say I've never seen anything remotely funny, in the mockings of Christ. It seems they're always done in extermely poor taste, but nothing close to

Family guy.

Putrid disgusting filth.

Nothing remotely funny here.

Or here.

I thought these shows were supposed to strive to be humorous.I'm glad I'm not so ignorant as to ever post family guy in any context other than this one. Same as on

South park.

More disgusting fith.

Even our own rulers love to get in the act like

Obama

That's right, no one on earth gets mocked more, than the one true KING. Do you ever wonder why? From where I sit, it's very obvious that it's more than atheists, or science, or evolutionists or other institutions that belive in some man made God like Budha. I believe its's the Satanists. There are many who pass themselves off as atheists who are really Satanists. Not mentioning any names but the ones on ATS know who they are. They constantly spew hate, at no other than the one who is the difference, between heaven and hell. Jesus Christ. Why would an atheist hate Jesus Christ? Why would Matt Groening or the creators of Family Guy and South Park and others mock Jesus Christ like hell hounds? I've left a good many openings as traps for those who want to take me on- on this. Lets see if we can scare up some facts that prove or disprove my postulations in this criteria? Shall we?
edit on 30-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So religious people have never mocked Science?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why would Matt Groening or the creators of Family Guy and South Park and others mock Jesus Christ like hell hounds?

Probably the same reason they had the guy in the bear suit on an episode....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That was pretty quick Bonch. What, were you just waiting for me to post?
All over that one weren't you?

Hope I didn't get your BVDs in a bind?

Seriously tho that's why I said Christ is the most mocked, not the only one

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe it's because you people think he's "THE ONE TRUE KING." Jesus never called himself your king. Jesus, like any public figure he is public fodder for humor. It's a release society needs from the extreme and austere seriousness of religious people. Humor.

I especially disliked your video about Obama. The video twists what he was saying. The military would never "turn the other cheek." Obama is right. What scripture do you think he should refer to when making policy, was his question. Then the video speaks for JESUS and says "Jesus would never advocate turning the other cheek if it was a terrorist against the American people". Hypocrite much?

Weren't the Roman terrorist to the Jewish community? He still advocated turning the other cheek. His people turned against him because he wouldn't lead them, as a messiah, against the Romans! So THEY KILLED HIM!

Jesus wouldn't get caught up in the imagery of the psysical body, he cares about the soul. Or so I would imagine, 'cuz, I'm not that into Jesus.

I think you need a thicker skin if these cartoons bother you so much.
edit on 30-7-2011 by windword because: spelling

edit on 30-7-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
At least south park was able to correctly identify that the gulf oil spill disaster was an occult ritual to summon cthulu.

And they even made it a three part series to complete the numerology of the trinity.

LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

The single Greatest thing you have ever posted.. In one sentence..

Edit to add: Religion is a joke, What more can be said..?
edit on 30-7-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The true definition of science is best logical guess. Based primarily on observation, experimentation and theory(sound familiar?), it is never a certainty and scientists are the 1st to admit this.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
in reality the mockery is of the followers of silly hate filled religions, not the imaginary deities. if your feelers get hurt so much watching these shows why watch them. funny thing is they are most popular in christian countries, meaning that at least a small majority of Christians approve of them and watch em every week.

how about you grow a little thicker skin and stop hating the haters. remember ...turn the other cheek.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Any organized belief system can encounter the same pitfalls.

There are plenty of "scientific" theories that had huge support and been proven completely false.

Science is based on the scientific method which can only prove things are false when all variables are factored out. Agreed?

Therefore science can prove nothing, it can simply identify trends that have high probabilities of occurring.

There is no truth in science.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Any organized belief system can encounter the same pitfalls.

There are plenty of "scientific" theories that had huge support and been proven completely false.

Science is based on the scientific method which can only prove things are false when all variables are factored out. Agreed?

Therefore science can prove nothing, it can simply identify trends that have high probabilities of occurring.

There is no truth in science.

So your going to tell me that science is a lie?
And wait a minute, let me get this straight.. You want me to take you seriously?
.. Okay, Good luck..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

There is no truth in science

By no means, do I mean to take your comment out of it's original context, but I absolutely agree.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
To subconsciously quote CADreamer and windword (Jeez, that got into my head pretty well without my noticing it), Grow a thicker skin.

To the South Park guys, nothing is sacred. They mock every religion, every creed; the gladly make light of freaking Nazis in an effort to be controversial. And somehow, they usually manage to be funny about it.

As to your "Kyle kills Jesus" clip, if you watched it in context, He's killing Jesus at Jesus's own request -- so that he can resurrect and free them from that cell! -- Okay, that's not really much better, but it's not just as brutal as you think.

While I agree that there's nothing funny about the Family Guy clips -- because there rarely is anything funny about Family Guy -- the first one parodies and mocks not Jesus, but The Passion of the Christ, a movie far more insulting to the faith than anything you have posted here.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

While I agree that there's nothing funny about the Family Guy clips -- because there rarely is anything funny about Family Guy -- the first one parodies and mocks not Jesus, but The Passion of the Christ, a movie far more insulting to the faith than anything you have posted here.
reply to post by Solasis

Call it killing two birds with one stone my friend.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MasterGemini

There is no truth in science

By no means, do I mean to take your comment out of it's original context, but I absolutely agree.

So your computer, refridgerator, automobile, flat screen TV, and the Hubble telescope, space shuttle, elemental table, nuclear power plants .........

NOT TRUE?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I think you need a thicker skin if these cartoons bother you so much.

This isn't about having a thicker skin and I havn't professed or profussed any hate for any one. I reject yet starred your statement for suggesting such. I don't watch them, if you read the text you know that I said, I do watch the Simpsons. I guess I could have added only, for those who can't quite gather in this particular instance. Not a put down just an observation.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

This isn't about having a thicker skin and I havn't professed or profussed any hate for any one. I reject yet starred your statement for suggesting such.

---- I am getting really damn tired of people denying doing exactly what they are doing around here. You are offended by these things, which are hardly offensive, if at all.

Your words:

Putrid disgusting filth.

More disgusting fith.

I believe its's the Satanists

Why would an atheist hate Jesus Christ? Why would Matt Groening or the creators of Family Guy and South Park and others mock Jesus Christ like hell hounds?

You are quite clearly offended. You quite clearly consider this hateful. You Need. A Thicker. Skin.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Gee I always thought being offended by something and hating asomeone were to completely different things.
Does offense have to breed hate. NO! Sorry for SCREAMING that one at you.

Oh and if you're getting tired goto bed. Cause no one really cares about what you're tired of. Anybody?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

This isn't about having a thicker skin and I havn't professed or profussed any hate for any one. I reject yet starred your statement for suggesting such.

---- I am getting really damn tired of people denying doing exactly what they are doing around here. You are offended by these things, which are hardly offensive, if at all.

Your words:

Putrid disgusting filth.

More disgusting fith.

I believe its's the Satanists

Why would an atheist hate Jesus Christ? Why would Matt Groening or the creators of Family Guy and South Park and others mock Jesus Christ like hell hounds?

You are quite clearly offended. You quite clearly consider this hateful. You Need. A Thicker. Skin.

Nobody, nobody here has acused you of being hatefull. You said that. Solasis said "You quite clearly consider this hateful." nobody said you are hatefull, just suggesting that you may be over sensitive. Read my comment again, with a new perspective. No hate here. No Satanism here.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Solasis

Gee I always thought being offended by something and hating asomeone were to completely different things.
Does offense have to breed hate. NO! Sorry for SCREAMING that one at you.

Oh and if you're getting tired goto bed. Cause no one really cares about what you're tired of. Anybody?

Whatever. You still need thicker skin. I didn't say you hated anyone. I'm sorry my quotation of the pertinent parts of your comments misled you, I guess.

(Note: I originally posted what's below. I removed it because I realized it was a wholly inaccurate reply based on initial eyerolling. I had hoped to get away with that, but RandyVS had already quoted it!

"Jeez, I'm sorry I interpretted accusing some of my favorite living comedians of being hate-filled Satanists as not hateful. I have no idea how I misunderstood you.")

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join