It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another day, another police beating

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Those were the real cops breaking it up. They got the man to stop choking an 8th grade kid at a middle school function.

He had no partner. He was not entitled to touch that child, and the child's crime was a smart mouth.

Is this our state-sanctioned punishment for smart mouths? LOL, even the real cops stepped in and said, Stop.

It was not gang-related. Please find the description at the bottom of the video.

And try to resist blaming the victim? If it was not criminal assault, how come any other person doing those actions (for any reason) would be charged with battery and domestic violence?

Would the child's smart mouth merit arrest? Apparently not. The cops never arrested or charged him.

Further, it is illegal to question a minor (as a LEO, which this man chose to "become") without their parents or legal guardians, and the real cops knew that.

He is obviously a child abuser, and unafraid to show it, or unable to control his urges to hurt kids.
Any other person could clearly be seen as such.

Do we pay school officials OR police to execute punishment, anyway? Why are we wasting so much dough on the Departments of Corrections holding millions of non-violent criminals?
Isn't punishment (after a trial) actually done by a whole other branch of government?
edit on 31-7-2011 by Copperflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
Here is why discreet coverage matters:

www.youtube.com...

In the US, journalists who are involved are given no different treatment than anyone else. Press credentials are seen as a threat, and treated as such, though all police are paid by us, and are in fact, our civil servants. It is unlawful to restrain the press, but since it is a government policy to do so, these police are just toeing the party line. Pathetically transparent, at this point.

Naturally, they show their true agenda (paid to brutalize) in their treatment of the press trying to hold them accountable.

Some are trying to do their jobs, and paying for it dearly, and being arrested at the very least. But every eye is needed. Be careful. Keep filming. Keep posting videos, so people will know what they are up against, at least.

But, he was told to leave just like the rest. Why should he be any different? But, wow all the same. I wasn't expecting that.
It's not funny. But, he should listened. Something happened there, way before hand, that got way out of control. The cops, were trying to get everyone out to safety. But, you have those onlookers that have to see everything. He should of just left when he had the chance.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

At first it looked gang related, that is why I changed it to officers when I saw the crowd at a football game. Not one of them was listening and moving.

In the video: it does not show him choking the guy.
He did not look like he was in the 8th grade either. Looked more like a football college event.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Exposing the reality is a heroic thing, you might be against it, but this video exposed the dictatorship of US. Police under the supervision of government are brutally controlling the population. People fear the police and you are an example of fear.

When people fear police to not question, intervene, or even defend themselves, that is description of dictatorship.

Is it true that you have the right to defend yourself against anyone? It is a universal right, but in US people incredibly fear the police, so much, that they would rather get beaten up and mostly likely fail to bring the police to justice through the long period of hustle in the court system.

People fear to even question the police, and we have seen continuously videos of people getting brutally assaulted for question the police.

People fear to intervene, even when police are beating someone to death, because they fear that the police might do the same to them.

So it is in practice a dictatorship, we must accept reality for what it is.

You can hide your camera to avoid getting beaten up, if you do, then I hope you admit that you are bowing down to these dictators.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Honestly, I could not agree more that the kid should have obeyed, but that is the story of every kid.
Is this really how we want to raise our kids?

I think parents who try that logic find themselves with A: no kids and B: charges.

Where is your reaction to someone putting their hands around a kid's throat?

Seriously.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

You can hide your camera to avoid getting beaten up, if you do, then I hope you admit that you are bowing down to these dictators.

Of course I can see your point but how will getting beat up, camera trashed and run thru the system affect any change. Eventually the LEOs will act more responsibly because they KNOW they are being filmed; that's the change I want to see. Will it happen? I doubt it.....more than likely there will be legislation to make it illegal to film anything without a permit.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Honestly, I could not agree more that the kid should have obeyed, but that is the story of every kid.
Is this really how we want to raise our kids?

I think parents who try that logic find themselves with A: no kids and B: charges.

Where is your reaction to someone putting their hands around a kid's throat?

Seriously.

His hand were NOT around the child's throat, but on his shoulder. Do you need a copy of the picture? When I picture someone putting there hands on a throat, it needs to be all the way around or both hands. I only saw one, on the child's neck. But, not enough to make a clear accusation that he was trying to kill him.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I can't wait until I open one of these threads and see a cop messing illegally with the wrong person, and everyone around him jumps in to show the pigs who's boss in this world. Not every cop is bad, yes I understand that. I dont wish any harm on anyone that doesn't have it coming. But for me to just sit back and wish the system would punish these cops the way they should be punished is like waiting for a murderer to be killed in the fashion he did the killing in the justice world. It just wont happen. Power to the people.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Agreed again.

To the poster you were replying to:

We already have people having to play the role of example, martyr, victim of assault, however you may see these activities.

Documentation in mass numbers will create the tipping point. When we see that others (the majority) feel the way we do, see these things and become stirred to draw the line, then at least there is hope for change.

Faithful documentation is the best protection for the greater good, anyway. Even if you die from beating or tasering or being shot or whatever, still it is crucial for your story to get out there.

It is key.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This whole discussion is great for illustrating the gaping hole where emotional intelligence used to be.

I simply ask you, is what he did acceptable? Why? Did you see the whole video? Is the school board all wrong?

And if it is, how does this overrule all the family courts in the country who would never accept your logic, but use it as clear evidence that you are "not fit"?

Does this not apply to those with an even higher standard of conduct, being elected and entrusted with shaping lives?

Will this violence not resurface in this kid's life later?
If he grows up and somehow did this to you, would you feel the same? If he treated a kid this way, would you think it is okay then?

That would show a clear bias against either kids, black kids, southern kids, or .....? Perhaps a bias for LEO?

I support respecting LEO and do things in life to promote this, but it is becoming harder and harder to look sane and advocate respect.

If one were to come out against it, like the entire school board did, then it would make a bit more sense, and give "officials" more credibility.

Your viewpoint fascinates me, however. I am really curious how it came to be?

If it is an old person next time, will you see it for what it is?

Or if he grows up, becomes a cop, and tasers someone for no reason, will it not be in part because violence was introduced into his early life by this one guy?

edit on 31-7-2011 by Copperflower because: Thoroughness

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yes, I watched the whole video. The officer got aggravated with the guy/child and some other officer told him to back off. Which he did. He had his hand on the back of guy/child's shoulder next to the neck, but you can't make out, that he was in fact CHOKING him. Intentionally, trying to kill him. Like you want me to believe. If the guy/child and news reporter followed the orders that were given to them, and had left, like everyone else, do you think he would be in this position? The officers do not want bystanders.

From the way of the crowd and the police trying to get the crowd out. It looked like someone may have gotten shot.

What's the real story that happened there? And, not just some news reporter or 8th grader getting arrested.

What happened to make the football game go into an awry like that? Report that. Then, I'll make my conclusion.

I always went to my high school football games, and they never ended up like that.

Simply put, rather than running your mouth, just leave. You have no business there after a fight breaks out or a shoot out. Unless, you want to be part of the problem.

Then, I have no sympathy for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join