It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats fillibuster...their own debt bill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Senate Republicans want a 60-vote threshold for a debt-limit bill to pass the chamber, but it's actually Democrats who are enforcing the filibuster on their own legislation, insisting on delaying a vote until 1 a.m. Sunday morning.

Republicans offered to let the vote happen Friday night, just minutes after the chamber voted to halt a House Republican bill. All sides expect Democrats' bill will fail too, and the GOP said senators might as well kill both at the same time so that negotiations could move on to a compromise.

link
So Reid and the democrats all want to fillibuster their own debt bill...sigh...

Washington at it's best everybody...I lack the ability to understand all this stupidity anymore...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is all about jamming the house with a bill favoring the liberal agenda just before the deadline. The obama democrats want to destroy America, and they will get their bill through political maneuvering.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
This is all about jamming the house with a bill favoring the liberal agenda just before the deadline. The obama democrats want to destroy America, and they will get their bill through political maneuvering.

Nice rhetorical flourish

Tell us what agenda driven policies are included in this bill?

Let's hear it

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Anyone think that they are doing this so the market crashes, then the rich buy up the stocks at a cheap price, then they reach negotiations before aug 15 and interest is paid on debt and market goes back up to make huge money on this problem?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Nice rhetorical flourish

Let's hear it
They have to pass it before we can know what's in it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

and they wonder why the average citizen has lost all faith in government?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

That possibility wouldn't surprise me in the least anymore. I think if they do such a thing, they'll lose control and watch it backfire with all the subtlety of a nuclear bomb. It's pretty clear both sides are equally guilty of playing fast and loose with any sincere interest toward the American people.

Their priority list is simple:

Self,
County,
Family,
Self,
Money,
Relection.

No duty, integrity or honesty in there. Who needs such simple minded concepts in a place like Washington? Those archaic concepts are for the ignorant masses clinging to their guns and religion.
Welcome to the future...Sucks doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It sounds like the liberals have a special bill in place they want to push through at the last second. They know there is still too much time left on the clock so they punted. They are gonna try to pull a 2 minute drill on the American people.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Nice rhetorical flourish

Let's hear it
They have to pass it before we can know what's in it.

Then I suppose your comment was no better than a confused fart.

I am not sure what is worse, that

Or voting it down before knowing whats in it

nice to see it's all fake arguments on your side
edit on 30-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
How is this being put at the feet of just "liberals?"

This wouldn't have happened in the first place if the Republican controlled house hadn't put on a circus side show the last 2 weeks.

They are as much to blame for the last minute bill as anyone else....and I assure you they will know what's in it before they vote on it.

top topics

join