It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Default - Who wins???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know corresponding who wins... Bankers and Lenders win.

When U.S currency contracts in a tangible way, people will turn to their credit.

That credit will be laced with higher interest rates, a combination of inflated rates;

the systemic shift and individual institutions offering credit =

more contractual debt obligation if you are currently in a credit contract.

Bankers/Lenders Win! American people and business pay (in the name of saving you money)

The fiscal impact (depending on the ultimate hit to the currency) will create a systemic wave of personal credit defaults, such defaults automatically initiate rate jumps on future loans and corresponding interest hikes on the balance of the entire account. Also, most credit contracts stipulate that if you default on any credit payments, to any creditors, you are then required to pay an insane rate hike for that credit line ( the credit line you did not default on) check your contracts, it's in there.

Banker WIN!!!

If we are VERY lucky, certain politicians will then suggest deregulating lending (to increase liquidity, "save the economy!") this will create an even faker flow of more fake money and fake equity. We already know how that
ends up don't we?

There are many, many more, benefits that will come from default...

If You Are a Banker.

If you are a tax payer, I propose that you will being paying a new proxy tax of sorts, on everything you can imagine.

There is tons of insanity out there, but not every solution is a good one.

Can America implement fiscal sanity and restraint through other means???

You bet your sweet Ass it can.

Don't let your anger lead you to your grave. There is nothing easier than leading angry people towards bad solutions (cough, Iraq, cough)

Always ask... Who Wins???

edit on 30-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Oh I think we all lose, and we lose either way. The bankers may feel they won if it goes one direction and the Tea Party if it goes the other....but the most optimistic and perfect solution right now only kicks this can down the road a little bit. The Piper is still demanding payment and I doubt we ever get a free shot to up our credit card again. The world's attitude is changing awfully quick on that topic.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh I think we all lose, and we lose either way. The bankers may feel they won if it goes one direction and the Tea Party if it goes the other....but the most optimistic and perfect solution right now only kicks this can down the road a little bit. The Piper is still demanding payment and I doubt we ever get a free shot to up our credit card again. The world's attitude is changing awfully quick on that topic.

I think U.S can bounce back the way the market is structured. We have one card and that is the fact that the
$ is the global reserve currency. I don't think we should give up, I think we need to stabilize at bit, then act.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The only people that could possibly profit from a default are people like Eric Cantor. Right-wing extremist Tea Partiers who only care about making money and don't give a damn about the welfare of the people.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

We simply need to bring down the federal reserve. Simple but no easy task, then the bankers Rothschild, Rockfeller, JP Morrgan, etc, needs to to be bringed in front of a court for their crime against humanity and scamming against the world. Sounds radical but these institutions are the roots of almost everything evil we have here on earth.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Who wins !

the people if they have the balls to tell the zionist banksters to take a walk like iceland did and you can get rid of all them parasites called politicans too.

Secret is those that got rh USA into this mess are not the ones to get it out and all the politicans care about are the zionist puppet masters and not the people usless they rise up.

It's cominmg so let it happen now before they are talking about removing you're pension you have paid for instead of the $2.5bn a day they are spend on the war machine

bring it and stop kicking the can down the road because the USA is running out of road.

edit on 30-7-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
reply to post by Janky Red

We simply need to bring down the federal reserve. Simple but no easy task, then the bankers Rothschild, Rockfeller, JP Morrgan, etc, needs to to be bringed in front of a court for their crime against humanity and scamming against the world. Sounds radical but these institutions are the roots of almost everything evil we have here on earth.

I'm with you word for word but i think the USA has too many cowards and they won't do anything whilst they are living in the confort zone, like sheep to the slaughter and don't want to think about whats coming.

any two year old knows you can not keep spending more than you have coming in and what about GE who made $14bn profit and paid naff all tax.

Our leadres are gulity of treason and the chages will have to wait untill we drag them to court after the revolution we desperatly need to get things back on track again.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They won't default, Janky Red instead they will print money to pay it off. Which, in my opinion is far worse than a default [even though they will still default at a later date].

The U.S. credit rating will drop when real interest rates rise and this will make the debt unserviceable. The U.S govt is stuck between a rock and a hard place here, either they continue monetizing debt through the dollar devaluation or let interest rates rise.

From my point of view I would prefer see them ``default`` now, rather than printing me into poverty then defaulting. Since avoiding a default is impossible and no I am not a banker. It doesn't really matter what the govt does though, whatever it decides to do will probably make a lot of people suffer. Or maybe not, it would really depend on how they handled the default.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Word up on this one. The default we need because as history tells by herself, never an economic system based on a currency such as the U.S. dollar right now has been bullet proof, sooner or later they all went down to go back to their true roots: the gold standard.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Regardless of the outcome, of "default", the U.S. can not afford the debt it has and should not get us in deeper. Borrowing more to just make an interest payment (more than $29 billion of interest due in August) is a horrendous idea.

What happens to your or my credit rating, when we reach an amount greater than we are able to repay? The question is now, what must we do to hold accountable those who actually signed those notes?

top topics

join