It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70,000 troops comming home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
america is punishing germany and sk by withdrawing troops why are we doing this? its becuase people there have no respect for us and if they have no respect for us why should be we be there protecting people that hate us. If bush wins the elections i think he is going to slowly withdraw all of our troops from european couintries that hate us and then the same thing with korea after this whole troop withdrawing is over he would wait for a conflict to happen between sk and nk and stuff to happen to germany. During these events these countries that hated us would call apon us for help and that call on help will fall apon deaf ears. When the whole thing is over and the bad forces took over those people who wanted us out will cry.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
man so many of you are just flat out stupid or highly ignorant. the call is for 70,000 troops to come home over the next decade, not immediately. furthermore i find this very funny...germany actually has problems with u.s. troops leaving its country. it appears many public services (companies) are somewhat dependent on the revenue the troops present. now germany doesn't want to lose that money.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by astroblade]

First of all, nobody is stupid. Second of all if you think you are better than us please do not wast your time on reading the posts. Thank you.

Now on to the discussion.

My question is why has it taken nearly 15 years to pull our troops if they are no longer needed in cold war locations. I also have a hrad time with the; let's punish germany and SK theory. Only because SK give us a good local for a base as well as germany. Take Russia. They still have Nukes, They still are shaky. They still have a lot of old Soviet types in thier ranks. They are just playing the democracy game for now. Bush's reason just doesn't seem logical. Then again, I really do not trust anything that comes out of his mouth so it might just be me.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It would probably take them 15 or so years to safely move the nukes, and sensitive equipment and materials out of Germany alone!!

I think they are doing it because, they really aren't as badly needed as they were before...

Look at the mess one hurrican did in florida, add to that the destructing of the fires in the west, along with the floods, ect. Our weather is out of kilter, and it's worldwide....
I think maybe we'll need more here, not only to help out in such disasters, but also help control the masses when all of this mess hits the economy full force.

and of course, the urge to slap the europeans face is strong in Bush...

and well, maybe he can sneak a few thousand out every now and then sooner...(seems to already be doing it) and avoid the draft a little longer...

all this considered, well, ya, bring our troops home. Let Europe fend for itself awhile. And, move those dollars being spent there here. It's called self-preservation.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I agree 100% with you dawnstar, but why did we wait for so long. I mean, why all of a sudden. The Bush administration is shady and this just adds to the shadyness. Please understand I am not trying to use this as a bush bashing session, I actually would like to avoid that. It's just all of a sudden? We could have used those troops for Iraq instead of calling up all the reserves and 60 year old doctors and such. But I do have to admit, I am a little paranoid maybe it is just getting the besst of me.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
How long would it take to move all those missles out of europe? or maybe we should we just leave them there for them to do with as they please? I think this is one reason it's taking a long time....anyone know just how many missles are in europe to begin with? a shipload, two, or three, just how many? and where do we put them here? or maybe we can use Iraq as a nuclear storage area?

I think we are at the point now, where it's getting too obvious that those troops might be needed here in the near future is something terribly bad happened. So, they are trying to step up the timetable...and give Europe a final warning..

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think this to be another classic, wise, decision on the part of the current U.S. administration. This massive troop movement will bolster the global war on terrorism in which we are now engaged. I have said repeatedly that IRAQ is only one battleground in the war, and merely a stepping stone. This war will last quite a long time, 50 years would not be out of the question. It is quite obvious that the military planners of the current administration see benefit in this troop movement.

Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of The Way.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
man so many of you are just flat out stupid or highly ignorant.
[edit on 16-8-2004 by astroblade]

Is it nessary to be so rude? Why is there a need to talk down on people, because they dont know as much as you? Because they have a diffrent opioion than you? Im sorry you are blinded by your Ignorance.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe this is foreshadowing WWIII?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join