It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in our solar system?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
very informative, thank you..

it astounds me that we find this evidence for life in our backyard as it were, who knows what else is out there?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I heard that the most likely place outside earth for life is one of Jupiters? moons. It has an ice surface but apparently sub surface it is water due to the friction caused by jupitors? gravity.

i think your talking about europa, which was mentioned in the post..

did you actually read it..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious

it astounds me that we find this evidence for life in our backyard as it were, who knows what else is out there?

i think life will be abundant and diverse out there in the universe, it has to be by just the probability..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by misscurious

i think life will be abundant and diverse out there in the universe, it has to be by just the probability..

it has to be, we cannot be the only life out there, it would be naive to think we are. maybe our planet is just in an obscure part of the galaxy, maybe other parts are abundant with life.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
there are a few places in our solarsystem that could sustain life, mars for one, and also a couple moons around jupiter.

unfortunately if these places do sustain life then it is only likely to be microbial and since were talking about our solar system, the chances of cross contamination are high ( impacts sending debris containing microbes to other planteary bodies) meening that we all share our origins.

the holy grail of extraterrestrial life would be an advanced race from outside our solarsystem (meening that they have completely seperate origins to us). unless you subscribe to the ancient alein theory, but thats anoth subject all together

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I believe we have life on every planet, and beings who even exist within the sun, maybe.

We dont see them because they dont exist in our dimension. Other dimensions exist around us but we cannot see them, well some can, clairvoyants and the like, so in order to see other life we would need to send these individuals skilled in these expertise' to see/feel/interact with beings from our Solar System.

I also ask, Why would they want us to find them? They don't want our warlike attitudes to find them.

This is what I have read and this is something I believe.
edit on 31-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers,

This is my first time posting so this is my introduction to the community as well as my first comment(s) on a topic. Let me first state that I agree with all of the candidate planets for life outside of Earth as we know it. They all could potentially habit life. I also agree with the one poster who said that the entire universe is alive; how else could one attain life except from something that's already living? That being said I'll place my bet on Enceladeus (correct spelling?) I know this may sound a bit controversial but I asked a/ an ouija board if there is life in our solar system and that's what it spelled out. Also the fact that life there is very different from our own. I think it mentioned one of Jupiter's moons as well but I don't remember which one. It said that there was life on Mars but that it disappeared a long time ago. Well, there you have it. Enceladeus!!!

Nice to meet you all!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

No, we are not obscure. We were known as the Jewel of the Galaxy. Now, we are known as The Dark Planet.

They can all see us, and they all know about us. As mentioned above, it is our attitude and respect for our planet and the universe around us that enables us to mingle with the rest of the universe. No civilization is allowed to advance more than allowed. This is why we cannot go very far in space. Once we've become responsible we discover the technology. This might mean something as drastic as bringing TPTB to their knees in an uprising, or just everyday responsibility....I think it means one and all aspects of it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Hey, it's fun to interact with the ethereal, or is it Astral....can't remember, realms, but they are known to play tricks on you for the pure fun of it. Just be aware of that.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook
Hello fellow ATS'ers,

This is my first time posting so this is my introduction to the community as well as my first comment(s) on a topic. Let me first state that I agree with all of the candidate planets for life outside of Earth as we know it. They all could potentially habit life. I also agree with the one poster who said that the entire universe is alive; how else could one attain life except from something that's already living? That being said I'll place my bet on Enceladeus (correct spelling?) I know this may sound a bit controversial but I asked a/ an ouija board if there is life in our solar system and that's what it spelled out. Also the fact that life there is very different from our own. I think it mentioned one of Jupiter's moons as well but I don't remember which one. It said that there was life on Mars but that it disappeared a long time ago. Well, there you have it. Enceladeus!!!

Nice to meet you all!

If I had to put everything I own on one if the bodies listed.. My money woluld go on enceladus. It has everything needed for life to exsist. (To our knowledge of life)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I have a book

It says our solar systems sun was 'breathed' into place 218,000,000,000 years ago and it took 1,000,000 to make the solar system habitable.

This book says there are 12 universes, ours is the twelfth. There are twelve different solar systems (although I interpret this as Galaxies due to the next statement) with a total of 1,900,000 planets busily using the energy of God (Yes, it is a spiritual book). Each solar system has its own central power source (Solar logos) and the individual twelve rays of sound and light spectra not understood on earth.
edit on 31-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here is some more on Titan.

What is Consuming Hydrogen and Acetylene on Titan?

One key finding comes from a paper online now in the journal Icarus that shows hydrogen molecules flowing down through Titan's atmosphere and disappearing at the surface. Another paper online now in the Journal of Geophysical Research maps hydrocarbons on the Titan surface and finds a lack of acetylene. This lack of acetylene is important because that chemical would likely be the best energy source for a methane-based life on Titan, said Chris McKay, an astrobiologist at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif., who proposed a set of conditions necessary for this kind of methane-based life on Titan in 2005. One interpretation of the acetylene data is that the hydrocarbon is being consumed as food. But McKay said the flow of hydrogen is even more critical because all of their proposed mechanisms involved the consumption of hydrogen. "We suggested hydrogen consumption because it's the obvious gas for life to consume on Titan, similar to the way we consume oxygen on Earth," McKay said. "If these signs do turn out to be a sign of life, it would be doubly exciting because it would represent a second form of life independent from water-based life on Earth."

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank you.. very interesting.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

lol, within our solar system...it doesn't but knowing that there are a few possibilities within our own solar system for even the basic type of life made me think that the number for the drake equation would be even larger.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Many scientists, and myself, are hoping that there are possibly giant jellyfish, living in the waters underneath the ice sheet of Europa.

"The next Rover to explore Mars is about twice as long and more than five times as heavy as any previous rover. Named Curiosity, the six wheeled robot will the Martian surface, analyze samples of the rocks and soil, and monitor the planets climate. Scientists hope its measurements can be used to determine whether or not there was-or is-life on Mars."

Credit: NASA

p.s.- Check out the highly sophisticated landing delivery system for Curiosity, for the proposed landing on Mars.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 31-7-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We have not proven life to exists anywhere except our planet, this however does not mean life does not exist beyond our own planet. In fact, I often like to imagine that the solar system is teaming with life. I would not be surprised to hear that plants are growing on Mars. I have a feeling that once we get out there and actually take a look at things we will discover that life is pretty generic out there. My reasoning is that the laws of physics apply to the whole universe. A hydrogen atom on planet Earth is the same as a hydrogen atom on Mars.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good topic. Really any these environs are possible habitats for life. If they meet any of the criteria for sustaining life here on Earth (or close to it) then it is very possible some form of life can exist there as well. We have learned a lot in the last 25-30 years just how brutal of an environment life can manage to exist in. Earth is a good template to help us understand this.

For now, I would say that type of life will most likely parallel the type of life we find living in those hostile environments here on Earth. Microbial, bacterial, fungal etc., but the possibility can't be excluded that some day we could find higher, more evolved forms of life as well.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i think the most you are gonna find in the solar system (maybe) is a few microbes chillin on a rock somewhere on mars. i think them ufos come from other galaxies.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by lostbook

Hey, it's fun to interact with the ethereal, or is it Astral....can't remember, realms, but they are known to play tricks on you for the pure fun of it. Just be aware of that.

For teaching. You must take in what is being said, and think for yourself. That is the point.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Europa could support "millions of tons of fish"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join