It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neurotheology Video Lectures (AKA Spiritual Neuroscience)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Neurotheology is a new term for me. It is also known as spiritual neuroscience.

,[1] is the study of correlations of neural phenomena with subjective experiences of spirituality and hypotheses to explain these phenomena. Proponents of neurotheology say there is a neurological and evolutionary basis for subjective experiences traditionally categorized as spiritual or religious.[2] The subject has formed the basis of several popular science books.[3][4][5]

See: en.wikipedia.org...
Here are a series of Neurotheology Lectures: www.innerworlds.50megs.com...
which include:

God & the Brain. (1 Hour and 47 minutes) (Oct 4th, 2008)

The brain in visions of God ~ Near Death Experiences ~ Discussions about people who've seen God ~ "God Helmet" ~ The 'sensed presence' ~

Reincarnation & Human Evolution (Darwinian Reincarnation) (1 Hour and 29 minutes) (Sept 4th, 2008)

The appearance of reincarnation in our evolutionary history ~ the physics of rebirth ~ a new way of seeing karma

Enlightenment, The Self, & the Brain, (1 hour and 29 minutes) (Sept. 11th, 2008).

What is the self? ~ How does enlightenment happen? ~ Why do some enlightened people have tremendous insight and others don't? ~

Psychic Skills & Miracles. (1 Hour and 44 minutes) (Sept 18, 2008)

Technology for psychic skills ~ How to (attempt) to do miracles ~ remote viewing & telepathy ~

Using Neurotheology in practice. (1 Hour and 31 minutes) (Sept 25, 2008)

How to suggest or choose spiritual practices by looking at a person's neural history ~ Deja vu ~ Temporal lobe Epilepsy ~

The Spiritual Body - (1 Hour and 20 Minutes) (Oct 4th, 2008)

Found these lectures most interesting and wanted to share with you guys . The vids are definitely making me rethink a lot of things . Although I may not agree with everything in the vids, the realization is setting in for me - that life is not what we perceive it to be. It seems it works waay differently than what I had thought. I believe there is more of a connection between us than we realize too, and have found these vids enlightening.

Hope you enjoy !

What do you guys think? My mind gets blown every day it seems.

edit on 30-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i smell new age fags...

but i give it a shot because neuroscience are the future...i love neuropsychology...pure evil

edit on 30-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This looks interesting and worth a look see. It's long, so........
I'll get back to ya...........

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hi and thanks for the replies you guys.

Each one of these vid lectures are at least an hour long but they are definitely well worth the time, imo. If you could sit down for a whole day, you might could get them all in. It amazes me how our brains work and we still have soO much yet to learn.

I do hope everyone will make time to view these videos I believe you will gain a lot of insight into the subject. Again, I find it very fascinating.

When you guys are through watching, I would appreciate your feedback.
Thanks again!

top topics

join