It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatima's Shrine(in Portugal), place for gay sex!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Last saturday came on the media that, public bathroom's and parking lots in one of the most well known christian shrine of Fatima in Portugal are a place for gay sex.
(the news are in portuguese if there is interest in the subject, i'll translate it later.)

semanal.expresso.clix.pt
A COMUNIDADE homossexual incluiu F�tima no roteiro de locais de encontro. No seu s�tio na internet, a Opus Gay indica as casas-de-banho e os parques de estacionamento do santu�rio como lugares onde se verificam habitualmente pr�ticas homossexuais. A PSP confirma esta informa��o, revelando que j� registou ocorr�ncias desse tipo nas casa-de-banho do santu�rio, sugerindo o seu encerramento nos dias de menor movimento. Comentando o facto, o vig�rio-geral da diocese de Leiria-F�tima, Jorge Guarda, afirma que �a Igreja est� indignada� e prop�e-se p�r termo � situa��o, mesmo que seja necess�rio seguir o conselho da PSP e tomar �medidas extremas�, encerrando os espa�os referenciados. �

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 8-16-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Begin of translation
The gay comunity, included F�tima as one of the meeting points on the "gay guide".
Opus gay on their website, points WC and parking lots, of the shrine as places of encounter for the homossexual activity.

The PSP (Public security police- the normal cops ) aknowlegde this information
saying that previous records of similar actions have been known for a while.

The PSP have already sugested the closing of the WC in days of less people.

The Vicar of diocese of Leiria-F�tima, Jorge Guarda, points "the church is outrage" and proposes follow PSP advice to close the WC and parking lots
end of translation
Sorry for any errors i made
Crustas

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh crap! While I don't have a problem with what people do in private,
doing that in Fatima is desecration. It's 'in your face' and I'm outraged!
This is one of the fruits of the desecration that took place there ... when
the Catholic church allowed the altars to be used for pagan rituals.

If you want to be pagan, or you wish to be involved in homosexual acts,
I don't care ... just do it elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i just put the information, for warning the people all over the world(that cares) that don't know what happens in the sacred ground of F�tima.

I do not belong to any pagan or christian or other religious society.

Neither i am gay or have any problems towards them or anyone else.

I just like to inform people, not flame them.

crustas

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Oh please, its anti-gay propaganda at a time when the church is rapidly losing its support (as well as its marbles)

Gay sex happens in many bathrooms all across the world just as straight sex happens.

You want dirty? Think about the amount of people who've had a quick in the vatican. Fornicating in one of the worlds most holiest places.... well some people are out for that kind of thrill.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
this is absolutly true, i am portuguese. but this is not the only problem there...
many Thiefs use the normal huge amount of people there, praying, to mass robbery the people. wallets are "flying" always in Fatima.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
it's not anti gay propaganda, it's just a fact.

Like i told i've nothing against any religion or sexual "flavour".

And it's also true what Kangaxx has said about the pick-pocket thiefs.

But, after all religion in F�tima's middle name is "Bussiness".

You don't imagine how much the local bussiness earn with the people who go there (or should i say explore?) They get a lot of $$$.

What makes me curious is that why so many poor people go there and leave their precious little money there? shouldn't be the opposite. (To help the needed?)

Well
just facts.

Crustas

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
listen esther
you have not understood what i have said.
I'm not against anyone or anti-nothing.

I am not excusing what the church do now or did in the past. (i am not a believer in this or on any other religion)

I'm just wanted to present the facts so that people could see the contradiction, that's all.

By the way people should not get flammed by just reading the words gay, they think right away IT'S AN ATTACK to the gay comunity. Well for me this news is just informing people. Because personaly i don't care less where people have sex, since they are confortable for them is to me too

Crustas

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
hello again

I had to put "...gay sex" because was what was in the news title (on the official site) I could not delete that to be just ".... sex".

If news was "sex with a chicken in the Parlament WC's" i would put as
"sex with a chicken in the Parlament WC's" not
"sex in the Parlament WC's"

And if in this case i left behind hetero/homo it's like "no news" at all,

Because in Portugal is normal to have sex in many places (even in a church - inside of it!!). I know because i live here
)

understood?

crustas

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Nao percebem os tugas!
mas esta noticia tb nao tem muito interesse....nao e novidade para ninguem que as casas de banho publicas sao lugares de sexo gay ou hetero...

uma abra�o aos Tugas que andam a�

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't care whether you are straight or gay, christian, muslim ,atheist, wiccan - respect for firstly yourself and then others and their beliefs is vital for any healthy society to exist. The fact that people would use the bathrooms of a holy shrine be it the Vatican or Lourdes or Fatima or Golden Temple or Mecca for sex shows a total lack of self respect and a wish to show total disdain for the faith of others. If you can't behave like a civilized person, you truly need to live outside of society. The whole tea room trade is disgusting. Strangely enough in most countries the vast majority of perpetrators in this activity is male on male sex. Don't bother with accusing me of homophobia, do research, When you start seeing women stand outside public bathrooms looking for anonymous sex let me know becauseI would like to document this rare phenomena. In straight couples bathroom sex takes place between people already know each other, and generally in bathrooms of clubs, airplanes and general admission type places NOT churches or shrines. In gay bathroom sex it is known as "tea room trade" and is as a rule connected with anonymous sex. Ask George Michael.

If you can't respect yourself, show respect for the rest of humanity! This is truly disgusting!

And Esther the issue of priests and ministers and sex is definitely wrong, WE ALL KNOW THAT, really we do. There are many threads in that regard, but should we condone this intentional sacrilege? To me it's the house of a God who I feel close to, however if it were just my office would I want strange men using the bathroom for anonymous sex, what about your mother's house?

[edit on 18-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry Crustas, but I must say that your thread, seems to me, it is using a sort of dark and taboo ideas over a historical none rationally founded gay prejudice, as a way to criticize and to disparage a religious place, not for the non-proper activities which take place there, but because it is a "religious place" by itself.

The religious phenomenon of F�tima drags people from all over the world because it remains as a historic physical location where mystery of Faith has once take place for Catholics. Faith cannot be rationally analyzed.

However, through the years F�tima become more than a mere "religion" icon, and it evolved to a tradition. Many people go there not with a religious purpose, but because they're used to go there with their family for generations. People went there with their grandparents, they went there with their parents, and they�re going there with their sons and daughters.

But as we know, in the places where people gather, no matter the reason why they do it, an all kind of parallel activities take place, like business (shops, restaurants, hotels, etc.). Despite whatever we might think of the intentions of their owners, these structures are needed to support the floods of arriving visitors.

And also, as we know, this huge and continuous amount of people, that in some special days are over 300.000 people, attracts lots of criminals there.

And there is also another factor. The church owns the sanctuary, as well as those bathrooms you were refering to. And the church does not usually have police human resources, and do not usually act coercively in these "Sacred Places".

And as Joe Cat said "nao e novidade para ninguem que as casas de banho publicas sao lugares de sexo gay ou hetero..." (Everyone knows that the public bathrooms are places where gay or straight sex happens).

The dark picture you were trying to show up sounds alarmist and aims to blacken the place and, consequently, the people who went and go there, and the motives that take them there.

Um Abra�o ao Joe Cat. Finalmente algu�m que fala portugu�s.

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If thats a true story that thats sick and they should be ashamed of themselves. You can do want you like as long as it dosnt affect other people thats what i belive but this is again if its true its a targeted insult to christians. No matter what you belive people should have some respect for others.

And esther googling a heaps of link about the sick things some so called christians do if off the point its about a lack of respect for for holy sites no matter who they belong to.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I don't care whether you are straight or gay, christian, muslim ,atheist, wiccan - respect for firstly yourself and then others and their beliefs is vital for any healthy society to exist. The fact that people would use the bathrooms of a holy shrine be it the Vatican or Lourdes or Fatima or Golden Temple or Mecca for sex shows a total lack of self respect and a wish to show total disdain for the faith of others.

Bingo! It's about respect and I agree one should have respect for their hosts. However, perhaps people who feel resentment or hostility from the church aren't as respectful of something they feel is not worthy of their admiration. There are many places one could have sex - at least they used the bathroom. Wouldn't "god" like the fact they were there at a holy site anyway? One step closer to "salvation"....

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by crustas
Because in Portugal is normal to have sex in many places (even in a church - inside of it!!). I know because i live here
)

understood?

crustas

I'm sure it is natural, as in many other countries, to have sex in many places, but I can assure it is not natural to have it in the church. I�m not saying it has never happen (personally, I don't have any feedback from such situation). However, we cannot consider this to be a general and common event. It almost seems like Portugal is just a country of perverted people. Which is completely absurd. I know because I live here
)

understood?

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Lest we forget; Morals/ethics/values are culturaly relative. Sure, it may seen tabu to some cultures to see sex engaged in a house of God, but to others, it may be the only way to announce their undying love for eachother, with God as thier witness.

Deep

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Lest we forget; Morals/ethics/values are culturaly relative. Sure, it may seen tabu to some cultures to see sex engaged in a house of God, but to others, it may be the only way to announce their undying love for eachother, with God as thier witness.

Deep

But I think that it is just a casuistic and subjective situation and not a standard situation. We were talking about supposed massive occurrences and behaviors.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Surely a God opposed to homosexual acts would strike down such blasphemers!!! Oops, forgot, he kind of got out of the smiting business a few millenia ago....

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) - A Roman Catholic priest visiting from Poland was arraigned Thursday on charges he sexually assaulted a teenage girl while counseling her about a previous sexual assault.

Now THAT's truly appalling.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join