It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dirty Secret In Your Glass Of "Healthy" Orange Juice - Proof That Globalism = Nasty Feces

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Huh?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
what is ethyl butyrate? Is this toxic by itself? what if you drank just that, i wonder what would happen to you. Maybe someone should feed them this ethyl butyrate and see what happens.

It's eight times (more or less) toxic than water. You'd literally have to drink gallons of it in a single go.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Another "nasty secret" about orange juice is that it's full of methanol (wood alcohol!) RIGHT FROM THE PLANT.

Oranges have methanol and ethanol in them. Naturally. And you drink it when you drink orange juice. If the orange is professionally juiced, they remove the ethanol and methanol as a byproduct and sell it. But "fresh squeezed" has eeeeeevil methanol in, the same thing you guys worry about with aspartame. Only there's a lot more of it in orange juice.

So when you're scarfing down your fresh squeezed hipster OJ, you're actually drinking a glass full of Parkinson's disease and blindness.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So what if it isn't fresh. Just because something isn't fresh squeezed doesn't mean that it has no nutritional value. Implying that it might have lost all nutritional value is an exaggeration, hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The thing about orange juice is that people think a glass of it gives them enough Vitamin C for the day, which is far from true (enough to keep them alive, not to really benefit them). In the U.S. the government keeps the minimum daily requirement number extremely low, so that a glass of Orange juice covers it (the number kept low thanks to the Orange Industry, among others). So people should know that they need grams of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) daily, not the 60 or so milligrams present in a glass of 'real orange' O.J.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I knew I tasted something less than fresh from that fresh squeezed OJ I tried way back.

I still think the nasty secret is all the free standing sugar though. Why do people think juice is better than soda? Cause it has vitamin C?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged
I still think the nasty secret is all the free standing sugar though. Why do people think juice is better than soda? Cause it has vitamin C?

It's because of whossname. Anita Bryant. She brainwashed 1960s America into drinking juice. O'course, a lot of it has to do with it's cheaper to store than whole oranges, and you can juice anything, despite its condition.

Orange juice is a lot like hamburger meat, or hot dogs. Tastes good, you don't want to eat those oranges anyway.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well that was an interesting wikipedia and youtube excursion.

Commercials in the 70's: "Orange juice is a blend of essential B vitamins and minerals." Oooookay then, sounds like my kind of juice.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

Well that was an interesting wikipedia and youtube excursion.

Never ran across Anita before? A day without orange juice is a day without sunshine, me lad.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Never ran across Anita before?

Maybe in VH1's I love the 70's hah. My cultural knowledge gets a little fuzzy in the mid 80's.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here is a list of the major brands and which ones do this.

www.toxinless.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join