It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dirty Secret In Your Glass Of "Healthy" Orange Juice - Proof That Globalism = Nasty Feces

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I believe copella apple juice is pressed with nothing added

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Maybe if everyone in america purchases only american products, we can create our own new jobs and we can be in controll of our regulations again.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, that is one more off the shopping list.

What else isn't artificially made? Almost everything that is in the standard store is man-made for the intent of hurting their own kind and to get them addicted to their product, which means more profit for the company and a profit that is soon to have no meaning.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

we could grow it, but i think we need to purchase those specially engineered seeds. maybe.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Greetings:

The peaches we get here locally come from South Georgia, although they do not have the quality "ripe peach" flavor that we remember from working on the United Fruit Growers' platform the summer of our Senior year (1965) in Palisades, Colorado. (We ran the nailer and added many notes: "Help! Lonely on peach ranch. Please write..." Heard from peeps all over America, even once from the UK).

However:

Rabun County, Georgia Farmers Market
Simply Homegrown:
A Farmers’ Market open this Saturday: 9 a.m. - noon, offering its many loyal customers with
all-locally-grown produce and value-added goods.

Location: In front of Butler’s II in historic downtown Clayton.

Simply Homegrown is a local farmers market in Rabun County, GA.

Simply Homegrown was selected in July, 2007, as [color=limegreen]one of America’s Top 10 Farmer’s Markets
by the readers of Eating Well, the magazine where Good Taste Meets Good Health.
Eating Well

Old Corp, please PM us and stop by to share when in the area, as we seem to have mutual interests.

We are easy to find.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Im under the impression that everything is contaminated. By chemtrails. I dont know how long they have been spraying us with it but its got to be everywhere by now. EVERYWHERE.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Which is precisely why I buy fresh fruit and juice it in my kitchen! Carrot and tomato juice is also good for the lung cancer apparently, need a bit of help in that area.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I worked in a cheese factory in Cache Valley Utah. While mixing the whey and milk and heating it there were big paddels that would continually churn it and mix it. Old Black flys would land in the mixture and me with an edge paddel, much like an oar, I'd try to scoop the fly's out. I was told not to bother because the enzimes in the cheese process disolved the flys into nothing........ I'm just say'n.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
The Flavor Of Your OJ Is A Chemically-Induced Mirage

There's a dirty secret in your glass of orange juice.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/620e9d2bd81c.jpg[/atsimg]

There's a dirty secret in your glass of orange juice. Even though it says "not from concentrate," it probably sat in a large vat for up to year with all the oxygen was removed from it. This allows it to be preserved and dispensed all year-round. Taking out all the O2 also gets rid of all the flavor. So the juice makers have to add the flavors back in using preformulated recipes full of chemicals called "flavor packs." Mmm, delicious, fresh-squeezed ethyl-butyrate!

consumerist.com...

Ummm.... Yuk?

Juice companies therefore hire flavor and fragrance companies, the same ones that formulate perfumes for Dior and Calvin Klein, to engineer flavor packs to add back to the juice to make it taste fresh. Flavor packs aren't listed as an ingredient on the label because technically they are derived from orange essence and oil. Yet those in the industry will tell you that the flavor packs, whether made for reconstituted or pasteurized orange juice, resemble nothing found in nature. The packs added to juice earmarked for the North American market tend to contain high amounts of ethyl butyrate, a chemical in the fragrance of fresh squeezed orange juice that, juice companies have discovered, Americans favor."

civileats.com...

Simply disgusting, what does this mean?
It means globalism is always a disgusting path because the best fresh quality will always come from a decentralized free market economy

It's so sad too, I love "simply orange"
I guess I have to not buy it anymore, unless perhaps during specific months

edit on 30-7-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

I agree with him 110%. He owns a company based in Austin Texas that manufactures 100% natural and/or organic juices and health supplements.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Glad i don't drink OJ!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
After 23 years in the grocery industry, I can tell you that more often than not... your OP is typical of most large scale industry food packing and distribution.

It always amazed me that people don't realize that oranges or apples or any other seasonal commodity is stored indefinately to ensure year round availability. I remember years ago, strawberries were available only in early summer to mid summer...that was it. Now, due to GLOBAL availablity and shipping and storage...you can get berries, melons, and any veggie all year long.

Now, the price varies according to season...but it is generally available.

As for the laws and restrictions regulating the production, storage, and distribution of mass produced foods... don't knock it. Two weeks ago, we were in Mexico and our guide took use only to the "safe" places to eat and drink. In a town of 55,000...we went basically to a total of 9-10 restuarants over 8 days. Now there were vendors and food stores and restuarants everywhere...I mean on every street corner and empty lot and tienda. Even ate ate the local city market...

The word was CAUTION and SANITATION. I earned a whole new respect for the same food regulations I had previously come to hate as a deli/produce/bakery and meat market manager. We ate at what could be termed as a food court, with many stalls serving fresh tortillas and dishes and juices out in the open across from the street markets. Truly like something you would see Andrew Zimmern Bizzare Foods on.

Food was prepped out in the open...meat and produce prepped and stored and displayed beside each other off refridgeration. Utensils that were used on one table were simply wiped off with a napkin and used to serve a new table, juice bars...yup, fresh fruit straight from the farm juice bars served people and the different blenders were never cleaned while just simply eating and observing, Fruit chunked and peeled sat out in the open off refridgeration and uncovered on plates and bowls as customers of variuous hygene standards paid and were served over them.

Point is...there was no regulation that I could see...no standards... no consistant means of safety and regulation ... no grades and measures of quality and safety. Basically, if you had a means to cook food and a table and could make a sign... you were in business. I saw glass boxes and card board boxes and wood boxes stuffed full of cooked and pre made tacos and tacoritos and tequitos...all in 80 plus temps off refridgeration...washing hands consisted of using the same water in an old 5 gallon bucket that appeared to have been there earlier in the morning. I never saw any representation of a health Inspector or regulation of any kind.

And as safe and careful as we were, after 5 days...we all started to get "rolling" stomachs... we think it was the "Hibiscus" tea we had one evening late in the week. Again, we ate only were our guide suggested, and he was great; ...and only where he himself and his family would eat. In fact, the safest foods to eat there were the processed and packing industry foods... Coca Cola is BIG in Mexico...and so is Sabritos.. a subsidiery of FritoLay by the looks of the bag.

So, if you want to see what no regulation in the food industry looks like...go to Yucatan, Mexico. It is digestive anarchy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If your going to drink orange juice drink floridas natural or some local grown brand period. Floridas natural is Oj squeezed from oarages grown in american, worked by americans, sold by americans, packages by americans and pastuerized by americans. Its not from concetrate they dont add sugar. Go read the package for your self.

SUPPORT AMERICAN GROWERS, FARMERS, AND WORKERS.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The Flavor Of Your OJ Is A Chemically-Induced Mirage

There's a dirty secret in your glass of orange juice.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/620e9d2bd81c.jpg[/atsimg]

There's a dirty secret in your glass of orange juice. Even though it says "not from concentrate," it probably sat in a large vat for up to year with all the oxygen was removed from it. This allows it to be preserved and dispensed all year-round. Taking out all the O2 also gets rid of all the flavor. So the juice makers have to add the flavors back in using preformulated recipes full of chemicals called "flavor packs." Mmm, delicious, fresh-squeezed ethyl-butyrate!

consumerist.com...

Ummm.... Yuk?

Juice companies therefore hire flavor and fragrance companies, the same ones that formulate perfumes for Dior and Calvin Klein, to engineer flavor packs to add back to the juice to make it taste fresh. Flavor packs aren't listed as an ingredient on the label because technically they are derived from orange essence and oil. Yet those in the industry will tell you that the flavor packs, whether made for reconstituted or pasteurized orange juice, resemble nothing found in nature. The packs added to juice earmarked for the North American market tend to contain high amounts of ethyl butyrate, a chemical in the fragrance of fresh squeezed orange juice that, juice companies have discovered, Americans favor."

civileats.com...

Simply disgusting, what does this mean?
It means globalism is always a disgusting path because the best fresh quality will always come from a decentralized free market economy

It's so sad too, I love "simply orange"
I guess I have to not buy it anymore, unless perhaps during specific months

edit on 30-7-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

This writer is a sensationlist btw who didnt even really use the info from the article she wrote.

www.ars.usda.gov...

little to none of the volitile fragrance compounds get removed this way and only as much as 51% of quantitative compounds get removed from pastuerization. The volitile compound is the one the actually creates the fragrance not the quantitative compound. So essentialy the article she is quoting from says the the FRAGRANCE DOES NOT GET REMOVED THIS ARTICLE IS A PEER REVEIWED ARTICLE FROM SCIENTIST NOT SOME SENSATIONLIST WRITE.

So when she says all the flavor gets removed thats a bold lie 100% So for that bit of disinformation she gets a big Screw YOU from me. There is no reason to lie to get a point across, once the lie is found is just makes your whole statement and arguement look horrible and she looks like a fool. Unfortuantly you posted this article and most wont make it to page 5 to read the actuall truth. You should update your post with the real info. Go read the report your self.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As another comment due to the the crazy inaccuracy of this article this should be moved to the hoax forum as this article is completly innacurate and a misrepresntation of the FACTS.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Anytime someone says chemicals everyone freaks out. So you guys are really going to stop drinking orange juiced based on someones word that it may have one chemical added? One! Guess what? That orange juice already has hundreds of chemicals in it. Water is by definition of a chemical! So why is everyone so afraid of this word?

Nobody said anywhere this OJ additive was bad for you, but everyone is rushing to change their diet because of an over zealous poster who doesn't understand the information he's reading. Sad...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Please explain how a "decentralized free market economy" would help this situation....with NO regulations, wouldnt they be able to do EVEN MORE disgusting stuff to our foods? How would removing guidelines help?

EVEN MORE what?
If regulations are so good how has this been happening for so long?
How come aspartame is still in the market?

I don't get such arguments like yours, you paint a silly picture as if what you have today, mass regulations, actually works.

Firstly a decentralized economy would not follow this process, the more decentralized the less assembly line work because of the decrease in customers.
decentralized means no assembly line and therefore a better product with way more jobs for the people because it's not one big corp. handling it it's many small businesses in many cities.

Regulations is the worst thing that can happen to the consumer, because regulations means cronyism!
Because they put cronies in regulatory positions after lobbying.

Time to wake up America!

Without regulations and regular inspections, it would more than likely be worse. Like dead animals, unfiltered insects in the juice, etc. I dont get arguments like yours, where you can see that our food is being poisoned, and you think that if there were no regulations, that all of a sudden the big corps would clean up their act? Get real.

Have you ever read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair? You should have, i think its required in high school.....i would rather have a little bureaucracy than rat feces and limbs in my juice.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

But but but I love my Simply Orange.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

i wish i could star your posts 100 times. the lack of common sense amongst people with the "total free market" attitutde scares the crap out of me.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Best bet to avoid such chemicals, buy your oj in the summer months

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

not all OJ has this chemical, some are genuine but you will feel the price at the register

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join