It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dirty Secret In Your Glass Of "Healthy" Orange Juice - Proof That Globalism = Nasty Feces

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i think everything is contaminated with varioous chemicals these days.. from sweeteners, preservatives, colouring, tastes, smells. etc and thats not to mention the chemicals seeping into our foods from the containers they are keept it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

It looks as though there has been a few people ask, so I will tell you what is in your Peanut Butter!

The FDA allows a certain amount of feces in food products as long as it is below a certain level. In the production of pb there are problems with field mice and cockroaches from the processing of the product. So guess where that crap came from.

Also, any animals such as mice that are picked up in the harvesting of PB are simply ground up with the nuts. I will try to find the health code that specifically states what is acceptable!

edit on 31-7-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Most foods today allow a certain amount of contamination, this is nothing new. If a human picks corn one can pull caterpillars out of the end of nearly every ear. If an automated machine does this then a certain amount of corn is processed with caterpillars. A friend of mine works for Borden (Ice Cream). They also have a certain amount of contamination from mice/bugs that is allowed because it is safer to have a few bits of mice feces or bug carcasses than mass spraying of insecticides or pesticides around food product.

Orange juice doesn't surprise me. When my brother owned a convenience store the single OJ drinks were able to be loaded into the non-refrigerated back storage room. They didn't need to be in the cooler until sold. How many think it is "natural" for OJ to remain a viable drink after it sits in a 90f storage room up to a month?

True story: When I was around 10 I bought a candy bar. When I bit into it I found a mouse tail. Yucky lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

I live in Iowa, so I know about corn...let me tell you!

I think the problem lies in the mechanization processes of these food items! If you hand-sort your food you never eat a Caterpillar. A machine will pass it right through without a second glance!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
and that'd be the ultimate solution

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Is it so hard to buy oranges from small fruit stores/farmers or grow your own

Then squeeze them?

DONT FORGET...

The best part of an fruit, is its fibers not just the juice.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Store bought orange juice is a waste of money and health.

If you want orange juice, why not get it directly from... oranges?

Eat them whole and you'll get some fiber as well. That's what I do.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
What can I say? I'm horrified OP. Great Post!

Sounds like the ehtylene they use to ripen bananas

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Let's not forget that even if you do get fresh fruit and vegetables, that most of the seeds have now been genetically altered. Our food supply has been forever altered. What a shame we have let all this happen.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Why everyone want to take voice over this, having no chemistry knowledge?
The esters used in various fruit juices aren't harmful to your organism, because fresh fruit contain them.
Many fruits like pineapples, bananas, oranges contain natural made esters.
Essential oil that comes from fruits contain mix of ketone,aldehyde, lactone, terpene, alcohol.
Some of them of course can be harmful but if ingested in large quantities.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by piotrburz

Exactly. Esters occur naturally. Just because they are labelled chemicals, does not mean they are harmful.

However, if juice is labelled fresh 100% juice, then esters that do not occur in that fruit should not be added.

Does anyone know if this is happening to juice that has to be kept chilled? Or is it just the juice that can be kept in a cupboard all year round?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
what is ethyl butyrate? Is this toxic by itself? what if you drank just that, i wonder what would happen to you. Maybe someone should feed them this ethyl butyrate and see what happens.

Ok it has been a long time since I took Organic and I am an Inorganic chemist, but I think I recall Butyrate is a compound similar to butter or is butter. Thus the three letters "but' in both words. Oxygen removed would preserve the OJ without chemicals being needed for preservation. Oxygen 'oxidizes' and destroys the vitamins. However, the Pasturization process destroys vitamins and especially vitamin C. So they have to be added back in the food from man made sources. Generally, I think I recall this right, science can create vitamins by making reverse copys, almost like DNA makes more DNA in our bodies by copying the structure only it is the left handed version of the right handed structure, or vice versa. So the vitamins we get over the counter are not really the same thing as nature intended and I think they may not have the exact same affects. So, I conclude I don't like the man made chemicals in my food either and if you want to avoid it you've got to make your own juice, eat your own processed meat, fruit and veggies! That is a tall order.I also say make your own water from tap or well water and use activated carbon based filters too while you're at it. Trace compounds are good in your diet like Arsenic, Cadmium, Selinium and other heavy metals but large doses of these same elements cause dementia and early death.We have to have a balance but processed foods are NOT a good way to find it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I'd say this is proof that Industrialized Agriculture=Nasty Feces, not Globalism=nasty feces.
just my perspective.

What? Your going to give murderers who do so strictly for power over their fellow man a pass on being bad?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I just went shopping yesterday and saw peaches everywhere, actually. Even at Wal-Mart and our local WM has a sign saying they're locally grown. Whether that's true or not is negotiable. But I saw them in every store I went in. I did see a sign on the local organic store I go to that had a pick-your-own peach ad up to a farm here. I might check that out next weekend.

The roadside stands around here are a joke, anyway. Local? Fresh? Nope. Onions from Mexico and Dole pineapples aren't exactly local or fresh. Even the farmer's market here was crappy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Squeeze your own, not a big deal to do and its absolutely just juice when you make yourself

Once you stop drinking that 'other stuff' and drink real juice you will be able to easily detect the chemicals and can tell from a sniff if juice is fresh or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
Squeeze your own, not a big deal to do and its absolutely just juice when you make yourself

Once you stop drinking that 'other stuff' and drink real juice you will be able to easily detect the chemicals and can tell from a sniff if juice is fresh or not.
This statement is true for all other foods as well,.
Once you go organic, everything else makes you nauseous
the amounts of chemicals they put in foods for shelf life and faster growth are disgusting.
but the only way to realize it is to quit them.

I have an uncle that is close to the indian community in upper wisconsin, My Uncle has worked with
them in teachings for survival and animal tracking, (He teaches the tracking). They hold a well known
live in the wild for a year survival course, All members, after living completely chemical free for a year
come back to this modern life and typically get sick from the foods they used to eat.
I have tried the chemical free diet myself, and can notice all additives now..
People would be amazed...
edit on 31-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

You sure about that? I'm guessing you have to be told something's non-organic before that nausea kicks in:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-7-2011 by wasco2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If people would think about expenses we have for heatlh or poor health. it is cheaper to pay more money for fresh products and whole foods than it is to go the Hospital or Dr. If we look at food as energy for our bodies to make it feel good instead of food that makes you feel good to taste them we would make better choices. Chips and things like Cheeto's taste better than other foods to many of us or they would not be able to sell them. Yet we buy them when we collectively KNOW they have bad crap in them.

As a Libertarian/Tea Party type who believes big government is not the answer I give you the FDA. We can honestly blame them for letting self serving business dictate safety. There job was to provide that very protection to our food supply that is really along the lines of the idea's Ben Franklin specifically warned us to avoid. Instead they end up protecting some big money players and their power when they chose to side with the Monsanto's and General Mills' over Farmers and consumers.They have apparently approved addictive additives and while they keep our wholesome nutrients listed as dangerous chemicals from my observations.

That Codex Allimentarius, or however it is properely spelled, bothers me about what I perceive now to be the protected outlaws known as the Global government and spoken of above this post. It is apparent to me that good nutrients are to be kept from the masses. We have to eat right or we will die early and ugly. Here is a good place to show them we will not take it by working toward the goal of good wholesome food for your family.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2011 by Justoneman because: i before e, exept after c and th!! And some other times.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName
I feel kinda of sick right now... I don't think I will be able to ever drink orange juice again.

Literally every week we consume like 3-4 cartons of the no name stuff. I always wondered how they made so much OJ.

I say we revolt purely based on this, this... atrocity!

Or, form a consumers group that monitors where the products it buys come originate. Thats a lot cheaper and much more likely to get you fresh and real orange juice.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

You sure about that? I'm guessing you have to be told something's non-organic before that nausea kicks in:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-7-2011 by wasco2 because: (no reason given)
yes the power of suggestion can have mental affects,.
however, in this case it has proven its self many times.
why would you side for the additives?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join